Teisou Gyakuten Sekai no Doutei Henkyou Ryoushu Kishi - Ch. 9.2 - The Great Hero (2)

Dex-chan lover
So it is rather meaningless then. She dies, and it’s basically for nothing. if part of the reason of the author was to get her daughter as the page of the MC, there was a multitude of ways to do it without a good person like her dying for no reason. I can get her death being a setup, but as I see from these and some other spoilers, it rarely gets mentioned past these events. Does it even eat at him, her daughter, or any of the other character?

It just seems so pointless. Man, I don’t know if I can keep reading this. It just seems the story it’s setting up lacks vindication or payoff if the people who set up the events that lead to her death don’t get punished.
What can i say man.
giphy.gif

This far in the series its more like "to each their own". If its not to your taste that's ok.

To answer some of your questions
Its not for no reason id say. The death of her mother really turned her into a stoic but intellectual child. Faust sparing her, although he was ordered to execute, her puts him in dept to the royal family. It also puts him on bad terms with Astarte. (She set it up).

No it doesn't eat him up. She raided a village, slaughtered its people and abducted there children to be traded as (lets be real) possible sex slaves. She committed treason. Knowing the consequences. That gives Martina complex feeling about the death of her mother. Shame as a noble and love as a kid who lost their mom home and title. Never really grieving.

Group Leader
Fuck me man, you write as if I don’t care about good people dying meaningless deaths in general. It isn’t because they’re women, it’s because they’re good.
hey my bad. I encountered too many sentiments like yours but the only difference was that it IS because they're women.

I feel bad too. But it is to be expected. This is a brutal time (like a game of thrones) and the queen doesn't have the perspective that she could be innocent. Not everybody is acting on good intentions when it comes to power unfortunately. Maybe the Queen is doing this because it is advantageous somehow? We'll see.

Fuck me man, you write as if I don’t care about good people dying meaningless deaths in general. It isn’t because they’re women, it’s because they’re good.
I too feel immense sympathy for good people who do such virtuous and charitable acts as kidnapping, raping, pillaging, and murdering anybody who tries to interfere with the preceding activities. Those corpses they strung up in the village to serve as examples were just tasteful decor, honestly.
Jesus Christ, dog.

Dex-chan lover
They did not want to cause chaos.
If I understood the spoilers correctly, they tried to purge corrupted nobles who extorted high taxes from the people and behaved tyrannicaly. But they got found out by those corrupted nobles. Then those corrupted nobles framed them for treason and so they had to flee.
they still attacked regular civilians that were completely unrelated to their failed coup while running away. it's their actions while fleeing that makes them deplorable bastards, not the fact they failed a coup.

Dex-chan lover
they still attacked regular civilians that were completely unrelated to their failed coup while running away. it's their actions while fleeing that makes them deplorable bastards, not the fact they failed a coup.
The writing in the story does seem to try to show them as deplorable bastards and virtuous nobles protecting the oppressed at once, which is part of the problem. Even more after I've read the spoilers, instead of morally grey, it feels like black and white, expect some characters are black in some parts while pure white in others, causing the dissonance.

We have whole chapter dedicated mostly to brave and noble deaths of the bunch of rapist and pillagers, without even the knowledge that helpful people put in spoilers in this tread, trying to make them look as the noble good guys they seem to be in spoiled parts of story, which just doesn't fit.

Dex-chan lover
The writing in the story does seem to try to show them as deplorable bastards and virtuous nobles protecting the oppressed at once, which is part of the problem. Even more after I've read the spoilers, instead of morally grey, it feels like black and white, expect some characters are black in some parts while pure white in others, causing the dissonance.

We have whole chapter dedicated mostly to brave and noble deaths of the bunch of rapist and pillagers, without even the knowledge that helpful people put in spoilers in this tread, trying to make them look as the noble good guys they seem to be in spoiled parts of story, which just doesn't fit.
the saddest part is that there was no reason for that information to not have been shown in the manga before we got to this point. it's just a very poor writing decision and an even worse editor decision because they should have been the first to speak up against not showing us why we should even remotely care for these women.

Someone needs to get the author to write in some "so far here is what is happening" page because I have no idea what is happening anymore it's brutal and cool but I'm as lost as the majority of us here.

Dex-chan lover
I see meat in a meat grinder. You're thinking with your dick and attributing nobility to a woman dying a dog's death purely because she's a woman.
No, stop making up what other people say or think. The purpose of this scene is clearly to show that the other guys have some nobility and bravery, because they're loyal to their lord to death, and the spoilers posted here confirm that she and her knights are supposed to be tragic characters that wanted to do good at first, and still are fulfilling their last chivalric duty, as knights should.

We wouldn't have several panels showing her knights talking to her about selflessly sacrificing themselves for her, their liege, if this was supposed to be just meat grinder. Why would author kept them talking about nobility through half of this chapter, while fighting unequal and doomed fight , if not to make us think "they are noble in their own way?"

Dex-chan lover
No, stop making up what other people say or think. The purpose of this scene is clearly to show that the other guys have some nobility and bravery, because they're loyal to their lord to death, and the spoilers posted here confirm that she and her knights are supposed to be tragic characters that wanted to do good at first, and still are fulfilling their last chivalric duty, as knights should.

We wouldn't have several panels showing her knights talking to her about selflessly sacrificing themselves for her, their liege, if this was supposed to be just meat grinder. Why would author kept them talking about nobility through half of this chapter, while fighting unequal and doomed fight , if not to make us think "they are noble in their own way?"
Their upbeat attitudes and shows of blind loyalty are supposed to contrast with the objective reality of their actions. Caroline's minor revelation mid chapter as well exists to show the reader that the tail is wagging the dog and that these women are dimwitted and zealous and those traits are what ultimately resulted in Caroline's good intentions turning into a series of atrocities.

Dex-chan lover
Their upbeat attitudes and shows of blind loyalty are supposed to contrast with the objective reality of their actions. Caroline's minor revelation mid chapter as well exists to show the reader that the tail is wagging the dog and that these women are dimwitted and zealous and those traits are what ultimately resulted in Caroline's good intentions turning into a series of atrocities.
This spoilered post from this thread also seems to me to suggest we're supposed to see them later as tragic characters, not just blind and dimwitted ones. I mean, I don't think it's good writing like I said before, but people are just reacting to different parts of the story, IMHO because it's too disjointed - some react to show of noble sacrifice, some see them as still evil but also dumb.

Dex-chan lover
I came here for reverse sexual harassment. He's absolutely slaughtering these chicks.

I mean I get it, it's kill or be killed, but damn. Don't get me wrong, they COMPLETELY deserved it. It still felt like one of those "are we the baddies?" moments.

Dex-chan lover
So it is rather meaningless then. She dies, and it’s basically for nothing. if part of the reason of the author was to get her daughter as the page of the MC, there was a multitude of ways to do it without a good person like her dying for no reason. I can get her death being a setup, but as I see from these and some other spoilers, it rarely gets mentioned past these events. Does it even eat at him, her daughter, or any of the other character?

It just seems so pointless. Man, I don’t know if I can keep reading this. It just seems the story it’s setting up lacks vindication or payoff if the people who set up the events that lead to her death don’t get punished.
This heavy plot was distracted by large boobs, honestly.

Dex-chan lover
About time we see Guts killing the wicked people // have a boob@ femGrif appear.

Dex-chan lover
What can i say man.
giphy.gif

This far in the series its more like "to each their own". If its not to your taste that's ok.

To answer some of your questions
Its not for no reason id say. The death of her mother really turned her into a stoic but intellectual child. Faust sparing her, although he was ordered to execute, her puts him in dept to the royal family. It also puts him on bad terms with Astarte. (She set it up).

No it doesn't eat him up. She raided a village, slaughtered its people and abducted there children to be traded as (lets be real) possible sex slaves. She committed treason. Knowing the consequences. That gives Martina complex feeling about the death of her mother. Shame as a noble and love as a kid who lost their mom home and title. Never really grieving.
Faust would want that one as a wife 💯 x💯 x 💯 more times than Zabine.

P.S. Faust would not save her unless he has motives for her ( and yes Faust is one of those unreliable narrators ).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread