Teisou Gyakuten Sekai no Doutei Henkyou Ryoushu Kishi - Ch. 9.2 - The Great Hero (2)

Dex-chan lover
She has my fullest sympathies and I hate how her subordinates want to continue to fight and just how merciles this whole thing is. The Princess and her guard aren’t getting any combat or glory out of it.

It’s all senseless and cruel, both in character and by the author. Why is this fight even happening? How is it providing growth to the characters?

If she dies, I’m not even sure if I can continue reading this one, even with the great designs and art, because all these actions the author has decided to write feel bloody for the sake of it, and not for a specific goal. The MC is already a decorated warrior and doesn’t need his strength proved, and the princess who is not isn’t seeing any action. So all these deaths feel meaningless
Uhmm maybe if you invert their gender it wouldn't bother you as much (like, seriously, they behave like your average man). This is no different than your every other medieval story (in terms of brutality). btw it has been hinted by peeps on previous chapters this is based off a web novel, you might want to check that out to see why all of this is happening.

Dex-chan lover
I think so. In the sense that I enjoy it.

Caroline is actually an excellent leader loved by her people but was sadly born as the second daughter. Her elder sister is weak willed and weak bodied. Thus the corrupt nobles banded together to support the eldest. All the while extorting taxes from the citizens and driving there territory into poverty. So with her loyal vassals, Caroline attempts to overthrow her sister. But the corruption ran deeper than she thought. Her plan was leaked and they lost the battle on the home front and Caroline fled with her remaining solders.
The thing is, the elder sister also agreed that she wasn't suited for the job. She was somewhat aware of what was going on. She was just too weak to do anything about it. She is unable to bare an heir and was planning to adopt her niece.
All this lays the ground work for Caroline's daughter, Martina (8) to become Lord Polydoros page. The girl is supposedly a genius. She was originally supposed to be executed. But our guy stepped in. This caused waves in the royal court.

This is all a set up to introduce the neighboring country Verindorf. Years ago their powerful general Rodenbecker lost in battle to Faust. It shook their country as a power house has died. Now they revere Faust as a muscly Adonis.

We see less and less thirsty stuff moving forward. But all the main girls including the Queen of Verindorf fall for Faust.

But the TL is confusing at times. And there are 140 chapters and a little over 50 free available chapters right now. they open every 2-3 days. I wont lie. It feels monotonous at times in the lulls between events but I always come back. I just really like it.

Nah, I definitely agree. Compared to Reckenber she is referenced way less, but she seems to come up in Fausts monologue every time he talks to/thinks about Martina.
So it is rather meaningless then. She dies, and it’s basically for nothing. if part of the reason of the author was to get her daughter as the page of the MC, there was a multitude of ways to do it without a good person like her dying for no reason. I can get her death being a setup, but as I see from these and some other spoilers, it rarely gets mentioned past these events. Does it even eat at him, her daughter, or any of the other character?

It just seems so pointless. Man, I don’t know if I can keep reading this. It just seems the story it’s setting up lacks vindication or payoff if the people who set up the events that lead to her death don’t get punished.

Dex-chan lover
Uhmm maybe if you invert their gender it wouldn't bother you as much (like, seriously, they behave like your average man). This is no different than your every other medieval story (in terms of brutality). btw it has been hinted by peeps on previous chapters this is based off a web novel, you might want to check that out to see why all of this is happening.
Already commented on that. It doesn’t matter their gender, I hate good people having pointless deaths or deaths that advance evil causes. And this was a pointless death.

Dex-chan lover
Already commented on that. It doesn’t matter their gender, I hate good people having pointless deaths or deaths that advance evil causes. And this was a pointless death.

not a pointless death, her demise will move the plot forward and it'll be referenced later on. Sorry that you have this idea that every good character should get a "good ending"

Dex-chan lover

not a pointless death, her demise will move the plot forward and it'll be referenced later on. Sorry that you have this idea that every good character should get a "good ending"
She doesn't need a good ending, her death needs to have meaning. And I've seen the spoilers posted here, and outside of her daughter it seems like her death doesn't effect anything at all. It doesn't shake anything.

It just feels so pointless and a bait and switch by the author.

Dex-chan lover
So it is rather meaningless then. She dies, and it’s basically for nothing. if part of the reason of the author was to get her daughter as the page of the MC, there was a multitude of ways to do it without a good person like her dying for no reason. I can get her death being a setup, but as I see from these and some other spoilers, it rarely gets mentioned past these events. Does it even eat at him, her daughter, or any of the other character?

It just seems so pointless. Man, I don’t know if I can keep reading this. It just seems the story it’s setting up lacks vindication or payoff if the people who set up the events that lead to her death don’t get punished.
The people who set up her death is her though? If she never started her coup attempt, nothing would have happened to her.

And if you are referring to the rest of the noble house, it gets dissolved and the land is added to the royal domains. The punishment for her mother becoming a traitor to the country was the cause for Martina to be executed, Faust steps in and loudly (and almost violently) stops them from arbitrating her execution. The sister never wanted what happened to happen, and no one feels great about the situation. Considering Faust in secret buries part of Caroline's remains and gives her a grave does show Faust doesn't exactly like what happened, but the stuff that got her killed still would have resulted in Caroline's death.

Faust's chase to the border should be finished next chapter, which is part of the reason the truce/peace advances because more diplomatic talks ensue. This causes Faust to be forced to act as Diplomatic Envoy to Willendorf/VIllendorf, and causes a series of events to happen later.

How is it a bait and switch? Caroline might have done what she did for somewhat well intentioned reasons, but she did break the law. She literally led her group, allied and suborned actual bandits, to pillage and plunder loot to get her into Willendorf/Villendorf. Sure the start might have been fine, but all of this was by her choice. In an attempt to forcefully become the ruler of her land, all for the sake of her daughter, she did end up murdering not a small number of people.

Dex-chan lover
She doesn't need a good ending, her death needs to have meaning. And I've seen the spoilers posted here, and outside of her daughter it seems like her death doesn't effect anything at all. It doesn't shake anything.

It just feels so pointless and a bait and switch by the author.
I suppose we have entirely different understandings of what's going on and what it'll mean to the story as a whole.

What the Hell is with this upbeat attitude? I get not wanting to succumb to total panic in such a dire situation, but it’s bizarre how all the other members and even her horse brutally dying around her doesn’t make her feel doomed or at least a bit on edge.
"throw your soldiers into positions once there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight"

Dex-chan lover
The panelling and monologue is so messy, I've no idea who this knight lady is. I thought MC's group were chasing bandits?

Dex-chan lover
The panelling and monologue is so messy, I've no idea who this knight lady is. I thought MC's group were chasing bandits?
The bandits joined the remnants of the coup force of Caroline, the Knight Lady.

Dex-chan lover
so like my memory ain't too great and i know that, but did they ever actually tell us why this dumbass defected in the first place? i can't remember them ever telling us why so i'm assuming her getting captured alive will be used as an excuse for an exposition dump. i mean unless they did say why they defected already in which case i'm gonna assume her dead already.

Dex-chan lover
She has my fullest sympathies and I hate how her subordinates want to continue to fight and just how merciles this whole thing is. The Princess and her guard aren’t getting any combat or glory out of it.

It’s all senseless and cruel, both in character and by the author. Why is this fight even happening? How is it providing growth to the characters?

If she dies, I’m not even sure if I can continue reading this one, even with the great designs and art, because all these actions the author has decided to write feel bloody for the sake of it, and not for a specific goal. The MC is already a decorated warrior and doesn’t need his strength proved, and the princess who is not isn’t seeing any action. So all these deaths feel meaningless
i think you are severely misunderstanding the role of the princess. all she needs to do is be there as the commander and nothing more. so long as they return victorious she will get all the credit as the commander. it's how it works in real life too, the commander always gets credit regardless of how incompetent they are or how little they do. and if the soldiers lose their battle, the commander also takes all the credit for that failure regardless of how they did as an individual. most decorated commanders in this day and age have never even seen the battlefield once in their life so i don't know why you think she needs to be the one to fight.

Dex-chan lover
For a manga about a guy being sexually harassed in another world, did we really need a brutal horse death scene?

Dex-chan lover
Yes. It’s why I detest Overlord or that Orc isekai or other such evil MC stories.

I hate good people dying for no reason, or if their death perpetuates an evil cause. I have to deal with *ssholes and evil people in real life, I don’t want to see them winning in my entertainment and fantasies, especially if its aimed to be rooting for them.
you realize in overlord it's always nazarick retaliating against those who attack them right? they're not innocent by any stretch of the imagination and neither are these women who are pillaging, raping, and enslaving villagers from their own home country. just because the main characters are shown to be vastly stronger than their opponents that doesn't make them evil assholes nor does that make their opponents innocent.

Dex-chan lover
You might want to read some of the spoilers from the WN in other comments.
That would give you a hint about this "treason" issue.
that honestly doesn't make them any more sympathetic. in fact that just makes them worst since their first course of action was to completely defect to an enemy country whilst sowing as much chaos in their home country as they could while fleeing.

Users who are viewing this thread