Teisou Gyakuten Sekai no Doutei Henkyou Ryoushu Kishi - Ch. 9.2 - The Great Hero (2)

She has my fullest sympathies and I hate how her subordinates want to continue to fight and just how merciles this whole thing is. The Princess and her guard aren’t getting any combat or glory out of it.

It’s all senseless and cruel, both in character and by the author. Why is this fight even happening? How is it providing growth to the characters?

If she dies, I’m not even sure if I can continue reading this one, even with the great designs and art, because all these actions the author has decided to write feel bloody for the sake of it, and not for a specific goal. The MC is already a decorated warrior and doesn’t need his strength proved, and the princess who is not isn’t seeing any action. So all these deaths feel meaningless
Well good luck bro

Dex-chan lover
So uh.. Is this arc gonna end finally?
In a few chapters probably. Maybe 5-10?
Does it even eat at him, her daughter, or any of the other character?

It does. Both for him and the child of another foe he defeated previously. Martina (Caroline's daughter) moves past it pretty quick once Faust saves her life in court. She eventually helps this other girl come to terms with Faust killing her mother.
if the people who set up the events that lead to her death don’t get punished.
It's implied they are. Queen Liesenlotte is pretty ruthless when it comes to traitors and incompetent nobles.

so like my memory ain't too great and i know that, but did they ever actually tell us why this dumbass defected in the first place?
They did a few chapters ago. I think Dutchess Astarte and Queen Leisenlotte were talking about it.

Dex-chan lover
I fucking love that the guy just casually carries around a quiver of heavy javelin as a sidearm. Makes for an effective ranged combatant without messing with his "brutishly strong heavy knight" schtick.
They aren't his javelins. You can see they're slung over the back of one of the soldiers on the second page.

Double-page supporter
I had to go back and read it again because I didn’t know what was going on. It takes an interesting turn to say the least. The ones that he is cutting down seem to have no relevance so far. Thank you for the upload. Still enjoying it.

Double-page supporter
that honestly doesn't make them any more sympathetic. in fact that just makes them worst since their first course of action was to completely defect to an enemy country whilst sowing as much chaos in their home country as they could while fleeing.
They did not want to cause chaos.
If I understood the spoilers correctly, they tried to purge corrupted nobles who extorted high taxes from the people and behaved tyrannicaly. But they got found out by those corrupted nobles. Then those corrupted nobles framed them for treason and so they had to flee.

Dex-chan lover
They did not want to cause chaos.
If I understood the spoilers correctly, they tried to purge corrupted nobles who extorted high taxes from the people and behaved tyrannicaly. But they got found out by those corrupted nobles. Then those corrupted nobles framed them for treason and so they had to flee.
I know they were noble indeed, as nobility is about virtues acquired, but hard times need hard measures.

Group Leader
She has my fullest sympathies and I hate how her subordinates want to continue to fight and just how merciles this whole thing is. The Princess and her guard aren’t getting any combat or glory out of it.

It’s all senseless and cruel, both in character and by the author. Why is this fight even happening? How is it providing growth to the characters?

If she dies, I’m not even sure if I can continue reading this one, even with the great designs and art, because all these actions the author has decided to write feel bloody for the sake of it, and not for a specific goal. The MC is already a decorated warrior and doesn’t need his strength proved, and the princess who is not isn’t seeing any action. So all these deaths feel meaningless
lmao this happens hundreds of times with dudes being slaughtered and nobody bats an eye.

….. Would you write any of this if they were dudes?
The funny thing is, when you close the Male Expendability gap, you're treated like you did something horrible.

Dex-chan lover
lmao this happens hundreds of times with dudes being slaughtered and nobody bats an eye.

The funny thing is, when you close the Male Expendability gap, you're treated like you did something horrible.
Fuck me man, you write as if I don’t care about good people dying meaningless deaths in general. It isn’t because they’re women, it’s because they’re good.

Fed-Kun's army
I am getting gozdilla minus one sacrifice commentary vibes

Dex-chan lover
Yes. It’s why I detest Overlord or that Orc isekai or other such evil MC stories.

I hate good people dying for no reason, or if their death perpetuates an evil cause. I have to deal with *ssholes and evil people in real life, I don’t want to see them winning in my entertainment and fantasies, especially if its aimed to be rooting for them.
That was pretty much my problem with overlord. Decent people not only killed, but also taunted and tortured.

"Evil" MCs only work when the good side is CARTOONISHLY evil. Like that spider army isekai when MC is going to kill every human, you think "wait...all?" then it shows a 4 year old talk to her knight dad about how he should kill and behead every non-human, so it's just like "aiiiight, bet"

Users who are viewing this thread