Kimi ni Aisarete Itakatta - Vol. 7 Ch. 47 - Name

Double-page supporter
oh man, what a drastic change in character for the best friend. Whats the meaning behind "Tomita", is it a name that means pig or they're just purposely mis-naming her. A student called her that in the start of the chapter and now her best friend called her that at the end.

Double-page supporter
Whats the meaning behind "Tomita", is it a name that means pig or they're just purposely mis-naming her. A student called her that in the start of the chapter and now her best friend called her that at the end.
Her full name is 富田(Tomita)とみ子(Tomiko), classmates used to call her by her given name Tomiko, the teacher called her by her family name Tomita. The derogatory nickname she got was とん子(Tonko), ton being pig/pork.
Her old friend is basically addressing her as an acquaintance in the last page, trying to distance herself from her as much as possible from the outset, no misnaming or nasty nicknames involved.

Dex-chan lover
Oh sorry that happened to her.

Now give me a chapter about Ishikawa because i would very much like to know if she is okay.

Dex-chan lover
Tomiko lost her friend once she had a "glowup"..... I see why she is so close to Kanae. Both of them were so badly outcasted. It should just be the two of them

Dex-chan lover
As bad as this is, she honestly should loose weight. Its not healthy and says a lot about ones character.

Dex-chan lover
I swear this is the only manga series I dread seeing updated, no offense to the translation team. Keep up the good work guys! :angery:

Thank you for translating!!
It seems like the crux of the story is how destructive overemphasis on social conformity can be. If your aren't crushed by it, you might be turned cruel by it. Or both!

Users who are viewing this thread