Neko no Te datte Yaku ni Tatsu - Ch. 125 - Sniff the human

Dex-chan lover
You both saw my translation for it. But if you want it in dialogue form, it's something like:

"Hey! Just me sit on your lap when I'm a Human, and try petting me. Just this once!"

"I can't do that"

"The-... then... gasp Oh, yeah! You can sniff me too!"

"That's even worse!"

She didn't offer to let him sniff her belly in the first place. The original line is "そうだ!!吸ってもいいよ!!"
Yikes that really is far different than what was posted

Dex-chan lover
Yikes that really is far different than what was posted
Yeah, Mii goes from "Unfamiliar with social expectations" to "Pants on head retarded".

From "Let me sit on your lap. No? ... I'll let you smell me while I'm at it. :)" To "Let me sit on your lap. No? WELL HOW ABOUT I SPLAY MYSELF ON THIS BENCH AND YOU BURY YOUR FACE DIRECTLY INTO MY STOMACH INSTEAD?!"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah, Mii goes from "Unfamiliar with social expectations" to "Pants on head retarded".

From "Let me sit on your lap. No? ... I'll let you smell me while I'm at it. :)" To "Let me sit on your lap. No? WELL HOW ABOUT I SPLAY MYSELF ON THIS BENCH AND YOU BURY YOUR FACE DIRECTLY INTO MY STOMACH INSTEAD?!"
Tl needs to get their hands out of their pants

Double-page supporter
He know he need that addiction inducing cat odor

Mii-chan = "i know you want it, you know i want ya"

Dex-chan lover
Bro, why do you keep adding shit in? First you make the guy say he can't live without petting her, and now you add in some offer about burying his face in her belly. What the fuck? I am this close to doing it myself.

She's telling him to try letting her sit on his lap and pat her, just one time. Then she says he can sniff her too, as if to sweeten the pot.

The offer is not what you think it is. This is the second time I've caught the TL making shit up.
It's not TL's fault, go be mad on the author. TL just translates from author's Japanese to English.

Dex-chan lover
People are insanely rude about minor differences in opinion on how a phrase should be translated holy shit. Actually stop talking. If you want to post an alternative translation go ahead so I can block you and get it over with.
This isn't a "Minor difference in opinion". "You can sniff me while I sit on your lap" was turned into "FUCK SITTING ON YOUR LAP. I'LL LIE DOWN RIGHT HERE AND YOU BURY YOUR FACE IN MY STOMACH". I'd ask what made you think it was if I felt this was a rational response.

I feel like you actually enjoy Crynchyroll's dubs.

P.S.: I tried making two pictures to demonstrate the difference with GPT. The first came out normal. The second was considered so sexual/suggestive, the AI outright refused to make it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Bro, why do you keep adding shit in? First you make the guy say he can't live without petting her, and now you add in some offer about burying his face in her belly. What the fuck? I am this close to doing it myself.

She's telling him to try letting her sit on his lap and pat her, just one time. Then she says he can sniff her too, as if to sweeten the pot.

The offer is not what you think it is. This is the second time I've caught the TL making shit up.
Idk if I should even take you seriously after the whole debacle with the fox.

Dex-chan lover
Idk if I should even take you seriously after the whole debacle with the fox.
1) I don't care whether you do or not, my work stands on its own.
2) If you're ok with supposed translators not telling you what the characters are saying, then just read the raws and make up the story yourself; you're clearly just in it for the pictures at that point.

But if you care about what the characters are saying, and you want to read the actual story (not the "TL"'s fanfic), then I suggest you do. Otherwise, you go right ahead and believe Mio deadass told MC to bury his face in her stomach. In public.

Dex-chan lover
1) I don't care whether you do or not, my work stands on its own.
2) If you're ok with supposed translators not telling you what the characters are saying, then just read the raws and make up the story yourself; you're clearly just in it for the pictures at that point.

But if you care about what the characters are saying, and you want to read the actual story (not the "TL"'s fanfic), then I suggest you do. Otherwise, you go right ahead and believe Mio deadass told MC to bury his face in her stomach. In public.
1. You should have some care for how people perceive otherwise even when you're right no one will take you seriously. Case in point your debacle with the fox and how your translation was so minor and unnecessary no one took you seriously and was seen as worse than the fox.

2. I'm not okay with that but the translation doesn't bother me as much because said character has already done things that shows she is down bad for the MC. Her saying stuff like that is par for the course.

Look man your "translations" may "stand on their own". But I'm fine with current translations because they get the meaning across. If you're so right do what you did with the fox and post your fix to prove your point. Just hope you don't get shat on again.

Dex-chan lover
1. You should have some care for how people perceive otherwise even when you're right no one will take you seriously. Case in point your debacle with the fox and how your translation was so minor and unnecessary no one took you seriously and was seen as worse than the fox.
People who can't read Japanese agreed that the guy who translated "Hey" as "Henlo" produced a superior translation. In other news: Kindergarteners agree the bike with the flame decal is faster than a race car. More at 5.

It's not even the Autism speaking at this point. If you think turning proper speech into gibberish, and scrapping whole lines for your own, make for "good translation work", your opinions are objectively worthless. There's plenty of me and my work to pick at. My dedication to telling you what the characters actually say is not among them.

But that's not really what's happening. They like the uploader, and they saw his thing first. And so they assume whatever he put up must be the "right" translation, and anything after must be "wrong". It's called the "Primacy effect". They get mad about the correction, so they post. Mad people post more than anyone else. The response isn't rational, or representative.
2. I'm not okay with that but the translation doesn't bother me as much because said character has already done things that shows she is down bad for the MC. Her saying stuff like that is par for the course.
So you're ok with it. Look, brother, that's fine by me! Here's the raws. You imagine her saying whatever you want. But we're not on the same page if your answer to "That's not what they said" is "So what? What are you, the translation police?"
Look man your "translations" may "stand on their own". But I'm fine with current translations because they get the meaning across. If you're so right do what you did with the fox and post your fix to prove your point. Just hope you don't get shat on again.
I don't know if you've noticed, but I've never once wanted to post my own corrections. I always talk to the people first, and only after they tell me to eat shit do I go ahead and do it myself. Meanwhile, when I get criticism, I somehow manage to address it just fine without throwing a fit.

I mean, compare and contrast:

ejx8mt.png
jngitl.png

Maybe you think this guy was nice, and that's why I listened. Exhibit B:

4ut3xf.png

Guy was such a dick, Tulip got mad. I assure you, Tulip is a little teddy bear that's extremely averse to conflict. Considering he deals with me on a daily basis without issue, I'd say that's an achievement.

I don't know if you know this, but I do 4-5 series at a time, and I'm way behind on one of them as it is. Do you really think I have the kind of time to correct yet more chapters for other people? I'm stretched thin enough as it is with what I've done so far.

Dex-chan lover
People who can't read Japanese agreed that the guy who translated "Hey" as "Henlo" produced a superior translation. In other news: Kindergarteners agree the bike with the flame decal is faster than a race car. More at 5.

It's not even the Autism speaking at this point. If you think turning proper speech into gibberish, and scrapping whole lines for your own, make for "good translation work", your opinions are objectively worthless. There's plenty of me and my work to pick at. My dedication to telling you what the characters actually say is not among them.

But that's not really what's happening. They like the uploader, and they saw his thing first. And so they assume whatever he put up must be the "right" translation, and anything after must be "wrong". It's called the "Primacy effect". They get mad about the correction, so they post. Mad people post more than anyone else. The response isn't rational, or representative.

So you're ok with it. Look, brother, that's fine by me! Here's the raws. You imagine her saying whatever you want. But we're not on the same page if your answer to "That's not what they said" is "So what? What are you, the translation police?"

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've never once wanted to post my own corrections. I always talk to the people first, and only after they tell me to eat shit do I go ahead and do it myself. Meanwhile, when I get criticism, I somehow manage to address it just fine without throwing a fit.

I mean, compare and contrast:

ejx8mt.png
jngitl.png

Maybe you think this guy was nice, and that's why I listened. Exhibit B:

4ut3xf.png

Guy was such a dick, Tulip got mad. I assure you, Tulip is a little teddy bear that's extremely averse to conflict. Considering he deals with me on a daily basis without issue, I'd say that's an achievement.

I don't know if you know this, but I do 4-5 series at a time, and I'm way behind on one of them as it is. Do you really think I have the kind of time to correct yet more chapters for other people? I'm stretched thin enough as it is with what I've done so far.
Man no wonder people shit on you with your way of arguing being complete dogshit. Since you're going to argue aggressively I'll answer in kind.

1. Back on the fox people made mention to the fact he took liberties and asked questions on why he translated Henlo. His response was to summarize she was speaking improperly and basically was saying a shortened version of hello but instilled some liberties to get the same general idea across. It is still correct in understanding the characters and their personalities and hell can even help get a deeper understanding in Conia's case since out of all of the girls she's the most cat-like. Your translation was seen as worse in comparison not because the fox uploaded ''first'' if that's your pathetic attempt to justify why people like his work better than yours in that specific instance, but just the sheer fact that it was better period. Like people responded to you not because the fox uploaded his work first but literally because they got the meaning of her words fine from his translation and your translation was seen as unnecessary because it was. It amazes me how big your ego is you can't understand that and try to come up with some other reason as to why you got shat on.

Here's something a non-japanese reader like me understands when it comes to translating something from one language to another. There's always going to be something lost in translation no two ways about it so all I desire from my translators is to make it as accurate to the language they're translating from as possible. A direct translation will not flow properly and be stiff so I understand some liberties have to be taken so long as it's generally correct. But hey I'm not a translator and I'm sure my opinion pisses you off as someone who does this work but from an outsider observing your behavior why should I care about your ''objective fact'' if the same general idea is displayed from the works.

2. No I'm not okay with it. Do not put words in my mouth dipshit. All I said was it doesn't bother me as much. There's a difference between being okay with something and tolerating something. Me not being bothered by it as much doesn't mean I'm fine with inaccuracies. Even my initial comment to you was skeptical because of my prior observation of your behavior with the fox puts me off to any ''correction'' you have. Also I don't know if you've noticed but the way you come off is a complete dick. It's no wonder some people might tell you to fuck off not to mention the way you argue is terrible. If multiple people have shat on you for the way you argue maybe there's something wrong with you. Also those examples of you showing criticism to others cements the fact that yikes you're a jackass. Plus it's quite funny the guy you were calling a dick was acting no differently than the two examples you posted of the people you criticized. I had to look up the full post to get full idea of why that guy was criticizing your work and the way he's shitting on you was no different than what you did to the fox and the other guy you criticized. Just you had people on your side.

3. If you're so behind why the fuck are you wasting time here arguing with me? Go get your shit done. If you really are that busy focus on your work. I don't even know why you're here if you really are that busy.

Dex-chan lover
You both saw my translation for it. But if you want it in dialogue form, it's something like:

"Hey! Just me sit on your lap when I'm a Human, and try petting me. Just this once!"

"I can't do that"

"The-... then... gasp Oh, yeah! You can sniff me too!"

"That's even worse!"

She didn't offer to let him sniff her belly in the first place. The original line is "そうだ!!吸ってもいいよ!!"
Thank you for sharing this in more detail. Changes people think are 'subtle' lead to entire inaccuracies in character behavior. Many drops of water make an ocean, and little changes here and there add up and form into a 'profile' of a character full of their traits. With additive translations these subtleties here and there can form into entirely different characters between the raws and translated versions.
Compared to the line in the raws, this TL makes her sound almost spastically desperate rather than assertively coquettish. With this reveal it makes me wonder if all the times we've seen her being down bad for the MC were actually entirely accurate lol. I bet we wouldn't be getting even half of the "omg she's in estrus" type comments with an accurate translation for this chapter.
Idk why people are arguing against this when it's as black and white as can be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread