Katainaka no Ossan, Kensei ni Naru: Tada no Inaka no Kenjutsu Shihan Datta noni, Taisei shita Deshi-tachi ga Ore wo Hottekurenai Ken - Vol. 5 Ch. 25 …

Dex-chan lover
I know I've mentioned it in previous chaps too, but it's always funny when the title still focuses on the Old Man to keep the theme, even when he's nowhere in the chapter. He was just referenced for a line here, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with telekinesis is that once you think about it, that power could have just immobilized her opponent and granted her an easy kill. Then again, it's a technique that she thought up in the spur of the moment so I gotta give her a pass. There's enough going on to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Dex-chan lover
Great fight.

Surely, though, if she could just telekinesis the sword, why not go for decapitation instead of a body shot?
I'm no bladesmith nor bladesman, but I think it's the lack of resistance the central abdomen has. It's all flesh and muscle whereas the neck has bone, the leverage she's getting should she spin it levitating might not be enough to generate force enough to cut off a limb since i'd assume it isn't swinging with the force her arm would add to it and more so spinning from its center. So she opted to go for a thrust and generate magic from the sword to cut up inside instead of going for a risky decapitation against an enemy would likely can strengthen her neck to resist such an attack.

Tl;dr: it will cut, but it wont kill

Dex-chan lover
Great fight.

Surely, though, if she could just telekinesis the sword, why not go for decapitation instead of a body shot?
Several reasons: The first is that the torso is a larger target and, therefore, easier to hit; additionally, the extremities (head, arms, legs) move far more than the torso, making them harder to hit reliably.

More importantly, decapitation, even if you could do it telekinetically, requires a fairly large swing (which means it's telegraphed); it also requires decent upper body strength to get through the spine in a single swing (which is why manual beheadings of criminals used a very large axe or a specially designed sword with a squared off tip that moved its point of balance very far forward so that you wouldn't need strength and could just let gravity do the work).

With that in mind, a thrust to the torso, especially from behind is much faster, provides significant damage to internal organs, and can be turned into a cut on the way out of the body (as she sorta demonstrated), drastically enlarging the wound. It's not as instantly fatal as decapitation, unless you hit the heart, but it's a faster attack and more likely to land while still maximizing damage.

Dex-chan lover
it's too bad that i really hate religious nuts with passion. so i 100% cheer for fissel to win

it's weird when enemies or protagonists gets a hit on their spine like that and that shit should've already warrant close to death or even lower body paralysis but nahhhhh

i bet she's still alive

Dex-chan lover
Great fight.

even snipers don't go for the headshot contrary to popular belief because body is a larger target than head, also it's a fail-safe since regardless if it's body or head, opponents will bled and will therefore die anyway just different time.

Users who are viewing this thread