Katainaka no Ossan, Kensei ni Naru: Tada no Inaka no Kenjutsu Shihan Datta noni, Taisei shita Deshi-tachi ga Ore wo Hottekurenai Ken - Vol. 6 Ch. 25 …

Dex-chan lover
The problem with telekinesis is that once you think about it, that power could have just immobilized her opponent and granted her an easy kill. Then again, it's a technique that she thought up in the spur of the moment so I gotta give her a pass. There's enough going on to give it the benefit of the doubt.
p sure she can't actually do the full "telekinesis", they are using magic swords, so I assume she has to control magic that she channels into an object that is compatible/able to hold it. don't remember this manga having proper telekinesis, but it's been awhile

Dex-chan lover
p sure she can't actually do the full "telekinesis", they are using magic swords, so I assume she has to control magic that she channels into an object that is compatible/able to hold it. don't remember this manga having proper telekinesis, but it's been awhile
From what I remember everyone has a magical resistance to that sort of thing, unless you have a lot of power in excess like the captain vs the thugs, and it can be stopped by people with natural powers (magician and priests) or with magical objects ( enchanted rings and equipment). So I doubt she could have done a telekinesis kill without the sword as a conduit.

Dex-chan lover
I kept expecting someone to rescue the disciple, because that's the moat generic thing one can write. It's an expected cliche.

But, no, she carried on by herself. Nice.

Dex-chan lover
Man I adore this manga, after reading so many awful manga and manhwa that cant draw for sh*t this is a breath of fresh air. Everyone else has cringey mall ninja swords and daggers so I appreciate the more grounded designs. And this is a small thing but their ability to draw perspective is so nice to see

tZv5r1c.jpg

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
From what I remember everyone has a magical resistance to that sort of thing, unless you have a lot of power in excess like the captain vs the thugs, and it can be stopped by people with natural powers (magician and priests) or with magical objects ( enchanted rings and equipment). So I doubt she could have done a telekinesis kill without the sword as a conduit.

The last blow wasn't telekinesis.

Basically the last part was Fissel baiting the priestess into fumbling and wasting all the advantages she had built up.

Fissel was losing in raw sword fight because of weakening magic on her arms (and using strengthening magic ot counter that leave her unable to use other magic) and the mana disparity means prolonged fight was going to ends up with Fissel running out of fume and lose.

So Fissel use telekinesis to make the priestess think that was Fissel's answer to not being able to use her arm properly and made a stab from the blind spot.
The priestess thought she could use the 'use my body to keep the sword still' to counter that and go for the kill.

Except that was what Fissel wanted-the priestess to get close and her own sword tightly 'held in place'
Then all she needed to do was to stop telekinesis, touch the sword and use her magic slash attack from inside (thus no way for the priestess to avoid it)

tl;dr priestess got outplayed hard.

Dex-chan lover
Great fight.

Surely, though, if she could just telekinesis the sword, why not go for decapitation instead of a body shot?
I think some samurai manga mentioned it, decapitating someone (cleanly) is a very high level skill, not many (even expert swordman) can do that, to the point that there are someone/family specifically honed themselves for this skill.

Users who are viewing this thread