Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Ch. 169 - Chita-san Wants to Become a Yootuber

Fed-Kun's army
I think some people aren't really seeing the forest due to the trees rn with Chita. Her entire thing is that she doesn't know how to mature or grow up. She doesn't want to mature or grow up. I think I made a comment on the last chapter where this happened or on the last couple of chapters this happened, IIRC when she dragged Toyoda's brother around tailing them and getting annoyed about his sister getting asked out by Inuyama. It was on a different topic than what it is now, but main point is the same, she doesn't want to get left behind as she continues to try and stop the world from marching onwards before she thinks she's ready. In this case, she wants to make it so that way if they become famous on YouTube, they'll have no other choice but to stick with her and leave their boyfriends behind for success with her. It's immature and annoying but that's because it's supposed to be. She doesn't care if it's actually going to work or not, if it keeps the three of them together for just a bit longer and she's the most important part of their lives, it's worth whatever annoyance or embarrassment she inflicts on them.
It's pretty obvious. It's not hard to understand why her character acts this way. It's not subtle at all. But at the same time. I'm hater and will always be a hater for these types of characters. I wake up everyday with fresh hatred in my heart for her archetype. The why doesn't matter for me.

Dex-chan lover
Her entire thing is that she doesn't know how to mature or grow up. She doesn't want to mature or grow up.
Chita has (ironically) been left behind by the overall pacing of the manga, which I think is the main issue. Her struggling with her closest friends growing up and finding love, while she herself is stuck being more of a child is not a bad character arc per se, it just hasn't gotten enough exposure over time, while the other leads and secondaries have gotten so much more development and grown as characters.

Chita got that side plot with the brother that went absolutely fucking nowhere,and is technically still spinning its wheels, but little else. And coming in with her childish "I don't wanna grow up and I don't want anyone else to grow up" plot now, when the rest of the cast is so far beyond that already, is what's annoying. She's a victim of bad pacing and lack of screentime more than anything, but that sadly doesn't help her coming across as a nuisance.

Dex-chan lover
So... Did I miss a dialogue or two. As to why Chita isn't the one wearing those accessories :question:

She is literally the center of attention! (Both, literally and as the owner of the YooTube account standpoint)
So wouldn't it be more logical to dress yourself first and then the people around you?

Dex-chan lover
Chi-chan is such an idiot lmao
wonder how she'll respond to Toyoda's brother, I'm really looking forward for that
So wouldn't it be more logical to dress yourself first and then the people around you?
If you think about it logically, she literally don't care about entertaining anyone. She's in it to eat :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
Not knowing if Chita is sincere or not ruins her character. Unlike with the other characters, Chita has no dialogue with the reader. This seems like a bad oversight. With all the other characters we get moments where they reveal their intentions to us. Chita has done that once, barely.

Chita just does whatever she wants and the other characters go with it "because." Is she constantly acting like this because she is completely self-centered and a tool? Or, is she self-aware, but desperate to get attention? We aren't told, or shown, so who knows.

Chapters like this, the reader goes for a ride in something like a gag comedy, and I guess it's assumed you will think the character is funny and endearing and not just a jerk. Her friends like her? You should too.

Dex-chan lover
I think some people aren't really seeing the forest due to the trees rn with Chita. Her entire thing is that she doesn't know how to mature or grow up. She doesn't want to mature or grow up. I think I made a comment on the last chapter where this happened or on the last couple of chapters this happened, IIRC when she dragged Toyoda's brother around tailing them and getting annoyed about his sister getting asked out by Inuyama. It was on a different topic than what it is now, but main point is the same, she doesn't want to get left behind as she continues to try and stop the world from marching onwards before she thinks she's ready. In this case, she wants to make it so that way if they become famous on YouTube, they'll have no other choice but to stick with her and leave their boyfriends behind for success with her. It's immature and annoying but that's because it's supposed to be. She doesn't care if it's actually going to work or not, if it keeps the three of them together for just a bit longer and she's the most important part of their lives, it's worth whatever annoyance or embarrassment she inflicts on them.
You're absolutely right, but it still doesn't make her cringey tryhard goofiness any more endearing. Just a moment of earnestness and vulnerability would go a long way towards that, plus give her room for some character growth even if she goes right back to being a goof.

Dex-chan lover
Me: OH SHIT a new Anjou chapter!!!

Sees it centers around the worst character who continues to be the worst character in this chapter

Me: :angery: :angery: :angery:

Thanks for the scanlation anyways!
The Gods Damn Foodie Gremlin...

Why did it have to be the Gods Damn Foodie Gremlin???🤦🏾🤦🏾🤦🏾

Dex-chan lover
That makes her sound like shitty ex that can't move on, and, while probably good read of her character, doesn't make her any less annoying to reader in her chapters, like others already mentioned in replies. She doesn't want to grow up while others already did, she doesn't push any plot or character development forward, and all she did in this chapter was annoy her friends. She may be realistic, but she feels pointless, and her own issues aren't interesting because she's not likable.

I mean, Mineta the Grape Hair from MHA is also realistic character, doesn't make me not hate him either. "Haha, she made her friends show their boobs on the internet, but it didn't work out, so funny"

Dex-chan lover
Thank god I'm not alone.

I'm all for a girls only chapter, but this chapter was Chita going way over the top and not even considering her friends...

Give them a girls day out where they go to the movies, or do make up together, but chita being a selfish little girl just makes a lot of people hater her even more.

Dex-chan lover
I’m shocked at the hater for chi this chapter not because she hasn’t been annoying up to this point but because she wasn’t annoying this chapter. Also a filler chapter every now and then is fine. I guess people are still high off of the recent progress from inuyama toyoda and want more lol. Patience people, good things to those who wait. We’ll get some chi tokio progress soon.

Fed-Kun's army
I’m not surprised but seems like Chita is pretty unpopular
I don’t usually hate on characters but for once I felt a strong drive to just shit on her after reading this chapter 🗿

Dex-chan lover
"What is full?"
Something only we here in North America discover every yearly Turkey Day.

Dex-chan lover
i like chita. sure shes kinda holding back her friends with her childish ways, everyone grows at their own pace. im excited to see how she becomes her own person...hopefully with toyodas bro by her side...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Chii didn't actually want to become a yootuber. She just missed hanging out with her friends now that they both have boyfriends.

Users who are viewing this thread