Katabutsu-kei Joshi ni kokuhaku shitemita - Ch. 5 - I want my serious girlfriend to call me by my name

Dex-chan lover
thanks for reading~
currently this is the newest chapter from the artist. 17/03/2024
This mangaka's art looks nice... Was he/she perhaps a doujinshi/hentai artist previously? And now trying to enter normal mangas?

Dex-chan lover
I understand why calling someone by their first name in Japan is seen as romantic.
However surly calling someone by their middle name would be even more romantic!
I mean when has anyone ever called you by your middle name? Better yet a pet name :3

Thanks everyone at RanumataTL for the translation
I'm from South America, so the only times I ever hear my middle name being used is when they use my full name.

And trust me, having someone use your full name here is terrifying.

Dex-chan lover
I'm from South America, so the only times I ever hear my middle name being used is when they use my full name.

And trust me, having someone use your full name here is terrifying.
Ya I get that, having your full name said is like having a stern mother about to give you the ass whooping of your life.
Either that or about to tell of off so badly that it will mentally scar you for the rest of your life.
But I am not talking about a full name, just the middle name.
So like if I was to say "Dracul" to be that would be cuter and more romantic than saying Vlad.
And saying someone's last night just either feels like filling in a form or giving them a warning.

Dex-chan lover
Ya I get that, having your full name said is like having a stern mother about to give you the ass whooping of your life.
Either that or about to tell of off so badly that it will mentally scar you for the rest of your life.
But I am not talking about a full name, just the middle name.
So like if I was to say "Dracul" to be that would be cuter and more romantic than saying Vlad.
And saying someone's last night just either feels like filling in a form or giving them a warning.
Errr... "Dracul" isn't a name, it's a title: it means "Dragon", though most people know its derivative "Son of Dragon"...

Dracula

Dex-chan lover
Oh seems that I’m not a DnD or WOW nerd lol 😜
My friend, it's actually world history. Nobody ever recognizes the name simply because the descendant of the Dracul ended up being more famous.

Hell, we're even talking about Dracula, THE Dracula from Bram Stoker, one of the most famous pieces of literature and used extensively through the media (series, films, cartoons, comics, novels, games, etc).

Here, I'll leave you the link to one of my favourite videos covering the topic:

Dex-chan lover
My friend, it's actually world history. Nobody ever recognizes the name simply because the descendant of the Dracul ended up being more famous.

Hell, we're even talking about Dracula, THE Dracula from Bram Stoker, one of the most famous pieces of literature and used extensively through the media (series, films, cartoons, comics, novels, games, etc).

Here, I'll leave you the link to one of my favourite videos covering the topic:
Well now I just feel unread. Which is kind of true 90% of the things I read is manga.

also thanks for the short history lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread