Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru ~Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta~ - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
Any reason why Akatsuki's race name is translated into Chinese reading?
iinm, its race literally means "fierce beast" (even though it looks cute and unthreatening).

First Appraisal evolved into Identify but then it "evolved" one more time into Appraisal? TL error?
Probably TL error.

The first version is 鑑定 (kantei), our old friend the appraisal skill who starred as almighty skill in various isekai works.
The evolved version in this story is 鑑別 (kanbetsu), discerning, identifying.

The author seems to put the order wrong (or wants to start with the more familiar "appraisal" skill). Checking in dictionary, if we use terms from gemstone business, the later would be "identifying", to know the name of a stone, if it's real or fake.
The former is akin to "grading", where the more intrinsic qualities of the stone will be appraised (and value is decided).

The latest evolution of the skill is 図鑑 (zukan), which usually means illustrated encyclopedia. Compedium might also works.

Dex-chan lover
This manga is getting kinda lazy, dude doesnt concentrate in a single style and master it but go for multiple styles cause he has already mastered them the moment he learned them, theres no training arc, its just farming and farming. I used to like this manga abit but nowadays it just feels like the author deliberately put in whatever they could think of in the story, like a self insert fantasy. Its boring
The fact that you think its just now getting lazy and wasnt already lazy from chapter one is something lmao

Dex-chan lover
Yep, accidentally getting tames of super high class.

Chantless Incantation... Just finished reading Silent Witch, and that's her main strength. Chantless magic.

Can't not have a killer rabbit.

I suppose kicking would be what matters to a rabbit, but it's not exactly ideal for everyone. Most creatures don't have the relative leg strength of a rabbit.

This chapter felt a bit too random and too convenient. Even for this series. In the beginning to set things up it's a bit more acceptable, but this far in it shouldn't happen anymore.

Even soccer is off-limits for our MC, given he'll slaughter both the ball and the goalie with a kick now.
He finally has the strength to join Touhou Soccer now. Although he'll get a penalty the moment he actually kicks the ball.

Dex-chan lover
What do you mean "What the hell is magic reflection?" It's a skill a that reflects magic. Making him not understand the words 'magic reflection' instead of making him realize he can't use magic to defeat the Mithril Boar is... I don't know... insane.

Dex-chan lover

This King Rabbit / Saint of Kicking, is similar to "another of its kin" but from Arifureta

Inaba the 'Kickmaster' Rabbit has found a fellow "Kicking Rabbit" of its own in this series lel

:aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
I had to double check I didn't skip a chapter. From sports school festival...to random training in the forest...to new tamed monster...to a rabbit's disciple?

Also...this got an anime?

Dex-chan lover
What the... A random rabbit came, help, then teach MC with not explanation why :nyoron:

I get it if the rabbit want to help, but why teaching him the kick? :question:
Kills the huge boar

Asks for a kick demonstration

begins to train the MC

Leaves (but will come back)

Profit, I guess?

Dex-chan lover
So we won't get to the part where he visits the king? I had to reread the Manga to make sure I didn't miss something. This legitimately was a confusing Detuor.
Did I mention how I love hating this Manga? This guy gets everything conveniently breastfeed so he does not even have to chew for his silver platter.

I also need to keep on pointing out that essentially the author confirms that his only way for our MC to have a better life in the human side to be handsome. Which makes every treatment and everything he is receiving since his transformation worse as it kinda insinuate that he would still have been hated and bullied had he stayed the same.
And how I wish he didn't just transformed at all. He would have gained friends because his personality not because of his looks same with everything he is getting in the human side.

But hey! It is great manga to hate on.

Supporter
I allso need to keep on pointing out that essentially the author confirms that his only way for our MC to have a better life in the human side to be handsome. Which makes every treatment and everything he is receiving since his transformation worse as it kinda insinuate that he would still have been hated and bullied had he stayed the same.
And how I wish he didn't just transformed at all. He would have gained friends because his personality not because of his looks same with everything he is getting in the human side.

But hey! It is great manga to hate on.
I'm not as certain about all that as you are. The headmaster's daughter was clearly captivated before his glow-up and would've been his champion at school regardless, giving him quite a bit of a social boost. Heck, he might've actually gradually worked through all his trauma properly and become a functioning human being over time with her help, rather than being the confused and self-loathing OP bundle of neuroses he's stuck at throughout the series.

TL/DR: He's worse off for the wish-fulfillment.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not as certain about all that as you are. The headmaster's daughter was clearly captivated before his glow-up and would've been his champion at school regardless, giving him quite a bit of a social boost. Heck, he might've actually gradually worked through all his trauma properly and become a functioning human being over time with her help, rather than being the confused and self-loathing OP bundle of neuroses he's stuck at throughout the series.

TL/DR: He's worse off for the wish-fulfillment.
She is the only exception, as it was clear that she was moved by his bravery and morality despite his weakness. But for the rest they were all wowed by his cheats be it the model and her agency approaching him for his looks. Or the other girl who got wowed by his cheats that allowed him to do shit like win the crane machine or save her with his cheats. I mean the author literally didn't want him to work for anything that he just gave him all the magic for just reading a dead sage journal.
It is frustrating as if I was someone who would have related to the MC pre-transformation I am being told by the author that it is Jover and unless you are given some impossible magic and the like you can't get a better life.
I just wanted character growth, yet I can only see how much I can hate such a bad writing :meguusmug:

Users who are viewing this thread