Saiaku no Avalon - Ch. 33 - The Secret Meeting at Midnight

Dex-chan lover
Of course her skill is Estrus, lmao. I assume that, paired with her not-so-randomly bringing up her chastity here, that means that her "special circumstances" WRT why she's still low level are that she needs to have sex to level up, and oh gee she really wants that to be the MC, so she's been holding off on having sex with anyone and hindering her level.

(but also, I wonder if it's supposed to be translated as "lust" rather than "estrus", since that would make both of them have skills named after deadly sins.)

Dex-chan lover
Of course her skill is Estrus, lmao. I assume that, paired with her not-so-randomly bringing up her chastity here, that means that her "special circumstances" WRT why she's still low level are that she needs to have sex to level up, and oh gee she really wants that to be the MC, so she's been holding off on having sex with anyone and hindering her level.

(but also, I wonder if it's supposed to be translated as "lust" rather than "estrus", since that would make both of them have skills named after deadly sins.)
how would you adapt that to the MC having the Gluttony Skill though? while he seems unable to grow slim, we don't exactly keep seeing him devour food, humans or (literally) monsters to levelup. he's growing just fine by killing monsters and earning experience points that way which nets him levelups.

it's alot of exposure in this chapter, we get one, maybe two new players known in a very short amount of time. wonder how that will affect the future plot.

on a side note, thanks for the translation but best grab a proof reader. :)

Dex-chan lover
how would you adapt that to the MC having the Gluttony Skill though? while he seems unable to grow slim, we don't exactly keep seeing him devour food, humans or (literally) monsters to levelup. he's growing just fine by killing monsters and earning experience points that way which nets him levelups.

it's alot of exposure in this chapter, we get one, maybe two new players known in a very short amount of time. wonder how that will affect the future plot.

Jus a quick thing, there will defo be atleast 7 players in total, one for each sin

Dex-chan lover

He did grow thin in that big fight. A major plot point of chapter 24 was him eating a ton of food and becoming fat again in just a few minutes.

If other sin-based skills are anything like his, they probably have major drawbacks for their everyday life, but offer extraordinary abilities under specific circumstances.

Dex-chan lover

His Gluttony skill makes it way easier for him to eat a lot and get fat - like almost immediate results lol.

it does have some stat trade-offs, though. It's also why "he" changed and became a villain to his former fiance. It effected his growth rate and overall destroyed his formerly good personality. I'm not sure exactly when but he does seem to get rid of that skill eventually.

Dex-chan lover

As @Tiypo and @Faint15 have pointed out he does devour food. They didn't mention that the only reason that we don't specifically see him doing this is because the MC soul within the character's body has made a conscious decision to not eat as much, effectively to diet, to try and turn around his situation. So he is purposefully eating less than the character desires, and it shocked and practically horrified the character's family the first time.

Additionally "consuming" doesn't necessarily require it to be orally. At least one other manga fantasy with a game like setting and the seven deadly sins as "abilities" had the male MC with gluttony devouring either the souls or abilities and skills of those he killed, not the bodies. Can't remember the name of it to save my life... Or whether it was an Isekai even, but I think it was a "long strip" if anyone else can name it...

Also this is an adaptation, anyone who has read the source material would be able to spoil us whether it is the seven deadly sins or not.

Dex-chan lover
Just because they have deadly sin skills doesn't mean all the skills have to be based around the same end-goal of leveling up, so I don't think it's necessary to adapt her skill to match his. His skill could be about power saving for bursts of power through food, hers could be a way to level up, the eventual "wrath" guy could be based on gaining power through pain/anger, the envy guy could copy abilities, sloth could be based around slowing people down, etc.

Lots of ways they could play it that don't just equal "this person is dangerous because of their high level".

Dex-chan lover

The difference is that he has his family's help. Remember what breakfast & dinner in his house is like?
For the girl though, I guess seeking help would be difficult depending on her personality

Aggregator gang
I really want this series to br good because of the art but damn the webnovel is hot garbo. Even though I like hot garbo I still wanna pluck my eyes whenever I read that thing

Dex-chan lover
Noticing the pattern of the seven deadly sins, we have gluttony and what seems to be lust in the form of estrus here (does she need to have sex to level up/gain power ups?). I wonder if the total number of outsider/players is going to be 7 for the sins

Dex-chan lover
I binged this today, overall good read albeit the writing somewhat confusing when non-linear timeline event implemented. Also, MC interpersonal reasoning is throwing me off at certain time. Probably need a few more volumes to truly reach the good stuffs.

Users who are viewing this thread