Genkaigoe no Skill wa, Tenseisha ni Shika Atsukaenai - Over Limit Skill Holder - Ch. 22 - True malice is only found in those you care for - 2

Dex-chan lover
That [it is a monarchy] was pretty much exactly my point. And yes, we have had rebellions in our world too. But not over superstitious discrimination of some minor vassal.
Think if you went digging you would actually find a lot of of this. Sure they were not as famous as individuals like Rasputin or Jesus, but there are a likely thousands of anecdotal instances of witches, warlocks, mentally deranged or disfigured people who were killed, imprisoned, or exiled due to superstition, religious differences, and or false accusations. And yes that especially includes individuals that are under the care of a political opponent. This is not only used in many stories as a plot device, but has happened in the real world as well.
And not the king who actually had the authority to order military force being used against a noble.
The King actually issued an edict to leave the MC alone. So the Dukes are acting in direct violation of the King's orders.
Fairly sure it was them who spread the rumor? Mc had dyed his hair. But sure, for arguments sake let's say their actually think this.

Aside from how silly it is to perform such a huge response to mere superstition, ignoring the king entirely and all the other political ramifications... It is also not at all consistent to how I remembered the response from others prior, when he ran around with black hair with no issue (everyone just assumed he was a slave, but otherwise did not think it was an actual danger).

Generally it involves a process to do so (can't just suddenly launch some secret attack). And there's a difference in vetoing the king, vs deciding that it is ok to invade other noble's and kidnap or kill their staff or others under their protection - without even some bogus fake legal justification!

But in the process he decided that mc must be detained at some noble's place, and when mc disagreed, essentially showed that the king is in opposition to the mc by forcing a fight.
I can only assume you are relatively young and are mostly ignorant of the realities of life. Earth's history is full of individuals, small cabals, organizations, and whole governments who have acted in such a manner. Grigori Rasputin, The Salem Witch Trials, The Spanish Inquisition, practically any story from the courts of Ancient Imperial China... ect and ect. And that is only a few of the documented accounts that have survived. Our history is full of events were superstition, ideology, religion, or politics has turned violent and it rarely mattered if the object of that ire was under the protection of a powerful individual, political rival, or another nation.

Dex-chan lover
Think if you went digging you would actually find a lot of of this. Sure they were not as famous as individuals like Rasputin or Jesus, but there are a likely thousands of anecdotal instances of witches, warlocks, mentally deranged or disfigured people who were killed, imprisoned, or exiled due to superstition, religious differences, and or false accusations. And yes that especially includes individuals that are under the care of a political opponent. This is not only used in many stories as a plot device, but has happened in the real world as well.
Yes there was persecutions. But I have yet to hear of any history of an actual rebellion (not coup!) caused by non-church superstition (so not backed by an influential org.).
The King actually issued an edict to leave the MC alone. So the Dukes are acting in direct violation of the King's orders.

I can only assume you are relatively young and are mostly ignorant of the realities of life.
Relatively speaking sure (yes I am below half of the average life expectancy), but not really young and ignorant? And I wouldn't consider it naivete to think that people of power rather keep their life and power, than persecute some random guy out of fear for some ancient fairytales tails and children's-stories.
Earth's history is full of individuals, small cabals, organizations, and whole governments who have acted in such a manner. Grigori Rasputin, The Salem Witch Trials, The Spanish Inquisition, practically any story from the courts of Ancient Imperial China... ect and ect. And that is only a few of the documented accounts that have survived. Our history is full of events were superstition, ideology, religion, or politics has turned violent and it rarely mattered if the object of that ire was under the protection of a powerful individual, political rival, or another nation.
The witch trials were not against the edicts of the crown(s) iirc (also wasn't superstition, but rather religious dogma - which is just as fictional but also much more organized and fervent). And overall that list doesn't remind me of any instance where they are even mobilizing state troops in a rebellion, so they can invade some noble's property and lynch their vassals. Surely were monarchs that did such stuff, or signed off on such stuff, but that is not what we were talking about here.

Dex-chan lover
Yes there was persecutions. But I have yet to hear of any history of an actual rebellion (not coup!) caused by non-church superstition (so not backed by an influential org.).
Dig deeper, there are more examples then I care to dig up just to prove my point. Yeah it's a copout, but honestly it is so common I'm surprised this is even a conversation.
Relatively speaking sure (yes I am below half of the average life expectancy), but not really young and ignorant? And I wouldn't consider it naivete to think that people of power rather keep their life and power, than persecute some random guy out of fear for some ancient fairytales tails and children's-stories.
That's the thing, people no matter their vocation, social status, or ideology can and will act on their beliefs whether it's legal, or even moral. You have to look no further then racism then to see entire communities acting out of real beliefs that the color of skin matters more then an individuals actions.
The witch trials were not against the edicts of the crown(s) iirc (also wasn't superstition, but rather religious dogma - which is just as fictional but also much more organized and fervent). And overall that list doesn't remind me of any instance where they are even mobilizing state troops in a rebellion, so they can invade some noble's property and lynch their vassals. Surely were monarchs that did such stuff, or signed off on such stuff, but that is not what we were talking about here.
Again you are are ignoring the forest for the trees. The real world is full of actions big and small. You only need to look to find an infinite number examples of people acting utterly stupid. Just look at the stigma of having ginger hair.

Dex-chan lover
Dig deeper, there are more examples then I care to dig up just to prove my point. Yeah it's a copout, but honestly it is so common I'm surprised this is even a conversation.

That's the thing, people no matter their vocation, social status, or ideology can and will act on their beliefs whether it's legal, or even moral. You have to look no further then racism then to see entire communities acting out of real beliefs that the color of skin matters more then an individuals actions.

Again you are are ignoring the forest for the trees. The real world is full of actions big and small. You only need to look to find an infinite number examples of people acting utterly stupid. Just look at the stigma of having ginger hair.
"Acting stupid", racism, and such, is not at all synonymous to "act in actual and open rebellion to the crown because of ginger hair"

Dex-chan lover
Wanted to fight the one hundred men over that guy. Well, that's manga power scaling for you.

If that's a halfling, that's a pony. Or a tall halfling.

His stance is different in the first and second panel of page 8.

Runes on page 12 say, "Bisec table three second later if it maintain the current angle and force." Not sure what that means.

Runes on page 17 say, "Black magic."

Dex-chan lover
"Acting stupid", racism, and such, is not at all synonymous to "act in actual and open rebellion to the crown because of ginger hair"
Now your just being silly and closed minded. If it was culturally accepted that all gingered haired individuals were soulless and Harbinger's of Doom, do you honestly believe they wouldn't be reviled and hunted to near extinction?

If you do, you need to real more history and less fantasy.

Dex-chan lover
Wanted to fight the one hundred men over that guy. Well, that's manga power scaling for you.

If that's a halfling, that's a pony. Or a tall halfling.

His stance is different in the first and second panel of page 8.

Runes on page 12 say, "Bisec table three second later if it maintain the current angle and force." Not sure what that means.

Runes on page 17 say, "Black magic."
bisectable = "Can be cut in two". Basically, "At this rate, the ax will be cut in two in three seconds"

Dex-chan lover
bisectable = "Can be cut in two". Basically, "At this rate, the ax will be cut in two in three seconds"
Right, of course. I was just too focused on the letters and that there's an actual space in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
remind me, when did they know that he can copy skills? or was the margrave just talking about the throwing technique the mc did earlier?

Lan

Dex-chan lover
remind me, when did they know that he can copy skills? or was the margrave just talking about the throwing technique the mc did earlier?
They don't know about world ruler, Reiji copied a move he saw.

Dex-chan lover
Now your just being silly and closed minded. If it was culturally accepted that all gingered haired individuals were soulless and Harbinger's of Doom, do you honestly believe they wouldn't be reviled and hunted to near extinction?

If you do, you need to real more history and less fantasy.
Like I have been continuously saying: No, if the king said to not hunt some specific red haired individual (or even if he didn't say so, but said individual is protected by any noble, or just saved a city or group of nobles), people would not openly hunt it down. They would obviously assassinate in their sleep, use poison, or any other manner of low-key method that does not explicitly implicate themselves as being in a state of rebellion or otherwise causes a political mess centered directly ontop of themselves.

Dex-chan lover
Like I have been continuously saying: No, if the king said to not hunt some specific red haired individual (or even if he didn't say so, but said individual is protected by any noble, or just saved a city or group of nobles), people would not openly hunt it down. They would obviously assassinate in their sleep, use poison, or any other manner of low-key method that does not explicitly implicate themselves as being in a state of rebellion or otherwise causes a political mess centered directly ontop of themselves.
Not really no. I mean sure they would use those methods too if they felt sufficiently in the minority, but they don't. These are 6 of the most influential nobles in this country. While the king may have issued a proclamation of protection, he would risk a civil war if he attempted to more then slap them on the wrist for their actions.

And while you may ignorantly believe there are not real world parallels, there are. Just look at the current US politics and the utter clusterfuck that it is. That's not to say one side or the other is acting on superstitious fairytales, but does show that even at the highest levels of government can disagree on what is legal, moral, or even acceptable in polite company.

No ginger I know can fly, shoot fireballs and wind blades, simultaneously fight 100 armed man with a girl in tow.

But maybe I just don't know the right people.

Group Leader
This is the world of monarchy (this also happened in our world too)
The ones who sent the knights is one of the great dukes of the holy kingdom, and the decision was approved by the other dukes (6 in total). I think you know that the only noble rank 2nd only to the king (a royal) are the dukes (highest nobility). The dukes of this kingdom were afraid of hearing that Reiji is Child of Disaster. Whether or not the legends and rumors are true, they are simply not risking anything so they wanted to detain Reiji (yeah, it's stupid but this happens throughout the history even of our world; "guilty until proven innocent"). They are simply too afraid of someone potentially wielding a great power inside, much like how the strong countries in our world are using nukes (not launching them, only stockpiling them) as a sort of 'mutually assured destruction'. They'd rather have things in a status quo of which is made by themselves, and no power left unchecked.
And regarding them seemingly ignoring the king's prerogatives, that's just the way it is. Dukes can veto a king when they deem it fit. Even if the a king favors someone, they can look the other way especially after seeing how powerful Reiji is, adding to their own fears/paranoia about the matter of the Child of Destruction.

But yeah, I agree that this is still stupid. I mentioned this in the earlier chapters, the way the nobility is acting is the same way Demon Lords are born in other fantasy stories out there - in this case, if they piss Reiji enough, the Child of Disaster thing will really happen, well it will be their kingdom which will fall into disaster.

P.S. The margrave Mule, went there just to show everyone that Reiji is indeed protected by the king, and even if they try to veto the king's favor on Reiji, they either have to face the margrave (who is strong by himself) or worse, face Reiji who just slammed him on the ground.
I ain’t reading all at.

Dex-chan lover
Her becoming a main romance has been foreshadowed for a multitude of chapters now, though I still think his sister/friend/first love is going to remain THE main romance.
I agree with the age thing though, he atm should be in his mid teens so puberty should be hitting a little harder than it have unless the artist meant for him to remain an eternal shota.
That's what I thought but the original FMC has been out of the picture for so long, it feels odd, like the author just changed his mind. She was alot more interesting IMO while Eva in her current state would just be a burden basically.

Users who are viewing this thread