Ochikobore Kenshi, Tsuihousareta no de Majutsushi ni Tenkou suru - Kenshi no Toki wa Gomi Skill datta "Zettai Kioku" wa Majutsushi ni Totte wa Kami S…

Dex-chan lover
Couldn't he just remember every sword-style and just exercise?

Edit: after reading the first chapter, he just has to memorize an exercise manual. You can train hand eye coordination, speed, and strength.

Honestly this just seems like another example of Japan hating muscles and exercise

Last edited:
Couldn't he just remember every sword-style and just exercise?

Edit: after reading the first chapter, he just has to memorize an exercise manual. You can train hand eye coordination, speed, and strength.

Honestly this just seems like another example of Japan hating muscles and exercise
bro he has a indentical memory so the only thing he has to is watch some swordfights of many different styles and he can become a sss sword saint just like that.

Double-page supporter
The whole perfect memory thing being bad for swordsmanship is BS, but I imagine he's actually a good swordsman but he doesn't compare to the rest of his family due to their talents making the difference where effort simply is not enough. So far we have a clunky story, but it has enough personality that I think I'll keep reading this as chapters come out.

Even if it was the better written story of the century, i can't take anything seriously in a story where people are called ice cream, soup or any other dishes. Like the author just readed is shopping list while doing his story.

Dex-chan lover
First comment legit explains why him being considered useless is dumb.

Not only that but he can remember his enemies attack patterns and even copy their sword style while fighting them...legit all he has to do is train..and if he can learn magic just cause he remembers it..why can't he learn special sword skill by doing the same thing.

Aggregator gang
I think the obvious answer to what everyone keeps asking is that MC could absolutely be a good swordsman. He just can't impress people who don't value HIS style of swordsmanship, which would likely lean toward a more delicate/precise style rather than raw strength. In a way, it's like all those other stories where a magic family only loves their fire mages and hates the talented wind mage despite being an absolute prodigy.

Beyond bashing the 'muscles!' mindset, it also seems to be taking a swing at the 'might is right' mindset as a whole, including from the mages.

Edit: I think it's also pretty clear we're going to see SOME of the 'magic? swords? why not BOTH!' tropes. "we never thought about combining the two to train a magic swordsman!"

I think the folks bashing this gave up too soon. Im actually quite enjoying the feel of the prejudice between the magicians and swordsmen and Durandal's positive outlook in the face of that. It's nothing fancy, but the fun character designs and flashy art for all the magic (even if it's a bit nonsensical) is entertaining. Easy 7/10 so far for me, maybe an 8 with further developments. I'm also digging Ice Cream and her stupid name lol.

Users who are viewing this thread