Tearmoon Teikoku Monogatari ~Dantoudai kara Hajimaru, Hime no Tensei Gyakuten Story~ - Vol. 8 Ch. 34

sorry Mia but Abel never saw you as "classmate" in previous life, not that you actually have friend in previous life either
Maybe not, but Sion should’ve tried warning Mia and helped her do better, on that I completely agree with her. Also, I can’t stand Sion’s black and white sense of justice, he needs to understand that things are not that simple, that there are shades of grey, and that he needs to be more empathetic, fair minded, and understanding. I will never completely forgive him for condemning Mia in the previous timeline.

That's... actually quite reasonable.
Rather than suddenly leading a revolution, he could have tried explaining things to her.
Mia would eventually understood, even if he had to do it multiple times because of how lacking her common sense was.
She could do things differently then.
Mia wasn't actually evil, afterall.

But then again we would miss Guillotine-chan.
I also completely agree, Sion should’ve tried explaining things to Mia, and to help her do better. I feel so awful for what happened to Mia and in the previous timeline. But then again I suppose if things had not transpired that way then Mia might not have met Abel, her true love.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe not, but Sion should’ve tried warning Mia and helped her do better, on that I completely agree with her. Also, I can’t stand Sion’s black and white sense of justice, he needs to understand that things are not that simple, that there are shades of grey, and that he needs to be more empathetic, fair minded, and understanding. I will never completely forgive him for condemning Mia in the previous timeline.
well yes, he should then again, we also know previous live Mia is really stupid, four eyes have been warning her time after time but not only she totally ignore anything he say, she also still overspending while there is a revolution around (it doesn't help it that her dad is really spoiling her)
So sadly even if that Sion did try, Mia will never listen and may even wrote some hateful comment in her diary about how he lecture her

well yes, he should then again, we also know previous live Mia is really stupid, four eyes have been warning her time after time but not only she totally ignore anything he say, she also still overspending while there is a revolution around (it doesn't help it that her dad is really spoiling her)
So sadly even if that Sion did try, Mia will never listen and may even wrote some hateful comment in her diary about how he lecture her
Are you implying that there was nothing that could’ve been done at that time to get Mia to listen, that none of those negative events could’ve been prevented no matter what? I still think that various people including Sion should’ve tried harder to help Mia, and to prevent that negative outcome.

Plus Sion was also a Damn Fool at that time for seeing everything in black and white, and for not understanding that justice isn’t that simple. He should’ve been more empath and fair minded towards Mia, and not caved into the Revolutionary Army when they called for Mia’s life. A character named Darth Maul from ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ summed it up best when he said that “Justice is merely the construct of the current power base.” I can’t help but wonder how Sion would react and think after hearing words like that?

I’m so glad that Mia ends up with Abel (instead of Sion), he was the first guy besides her father who has been genuinely nice to her, and not because of her status. Abel and Mia have great chemistry 🥰❤️, they each bring out the best in each other wouldn’t you agree?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
probably but we also know this is a whole plot to destroyed the Kingdom, even if Sion defend her, there is many event that cause the rebellion to start because Mia didn't care about anything beside herself.

Thing like because she want a jewel box, she let the noble do whatever, which lead Captain Dion to go to war with Lulu tribe, ,lost all his soldier and in the future, joined the rebellion, kill many soldiers and cut off Mia's head himself

The Conflict with Lulu tribe also make Tiona hate Mia and while Mia do nothing to help her people, Tiona did and so she became the leader of the revolution army

So this is even worst than the case with Abel where Sion only hear Abel leading army to suppressed, Empire's citizens are suffering and the Empire did nothing to help, so even if Sion didn't know someone behind it, he still can see the Empire is the bad one here.

Banned
If someone had actually taken the time to explain to her what was going on in a non-condescending manner (which was where Ludwig failed in the previous timeline), she would have figured things out, even if it took a few attempts; hell, if Sion was the one doing it, she would have latched onto his every word solely because she had a crush on him and it'd mean he was paying attention to her.
I mean, maybe? The narrator states outright that the reason she's trying to make things better now is solely to save her own hide; I'm not convinced that she would have been willing to change simply because she had things explained to her better. Without the experience of being imprisoned and executed by the revolutionaries, I suspect that she would have remained her original, self-absorbed self, and wouldn't be concerned enough about the danger to change her behavior.

They definitely could have tried to be more diplomatic about it, and maybe they would have been successful, but the revolution happened in the first place because diplomacy failed; the nobility as a whole weren't willing to change until they were forced to. While we can definitely say that Tiona, Sion, and Rafina were quick to give up on Mia, Mia was the exact sort of entitled brat that had put the country in a tight spot in the first place. She didn't exactly give them any reasons to think she might be open-minded about the plight of the citizens. Especially since nobility are supposed to pay attention to the lands and people they rule over, so I think it's not surprising that they didn't consider the possibility that she was genuinely so much more ignorant than themselves.

Last edited:
Group Leader
I’m not sure if Mia’s mind ages along with her physical body, for all we know she may remain her 20 year self until she reaches (20) that age physically?
nope, she's very much still a 12 year old mentally, regardless of how much she tries to convince herself otherwise. Basically, all she got by going back to the past is the fact she has the memories of the future, she's still very much mentally the same.

Group Leader
I mean, maybe? The narrator states outright that the reason she's trying to make things better now is solely to save her own hide; I'm not convinced that she would have been willing to change simply because she had things explained to her better. Without the experience of being imprisoned and executed by the revolutionaries, I suspect that she would have remained her original, self-absorbed self, and wouldn't be concerned enough about the danger to change her behavior.

They definitely could have tried to be more diplomatic about it, and maybe they would have been successful, but the revolution happened in the first place because diplomacy failed; the nobility as a whole weren't willing to change until they were forced to. While we can definitely say that Tiona, Sion, and Rafina were quick to give up on Mia, Mia was the exact sort of entitled brat that had put the country in a tight spot in the first place. She didn't exactly give them any reasons to think she might be open-minded about the plight of the citizens. Especially since nobility are supposed to pay attention to the lands and people they rule over, so I think it's not surprising that they didn't consider the possibility that she was genuinely so much more ignorant than themselves.
To note with your one bit about Mia doing this mostly for herself. She would actually have tired to do things, she isn't as self centered as you might be lead to believe. She actually does care about others, but her main priority is always herself. So if she sees that bettering stuff for someone else will be of benefit for herself later on, she will do it, sometimes unintentionally.

Banned
To note with your one bit about Mia doing this mostly for herself. She would actually have tired to do things, she isn't as self centered as you might be lead to believe. She actually does care about others, but her main priority is always herself. So if she sees that bettering stuff for someone else will be of benefit for herself later on, she will do it, sometimes unintentionally.
Right, the thing is, I'm not sure she could be convinced that "bettering stuff for someone else will be of benefit for herself later on" quickly or thoroughly enough to prevent the revolution. Massive civil unrest on the scale that overturns entire governments is the sort of thing that always seems very unlikely until it's suddenly approaching too fast to stop... And the revolutionaries wouldn't want her to know what the scale of their preparations were in case she didn't side with them.

Dex-chan lover
I would ask you not to be so presumptuous, I happen to be American and I can tell you that many of us including me are good people. Besides all great powers throughout history have stirred up conflicts to get some benefit (not just the U.S.), the Chinese, Japanese, the European powers, the Russians, and various ancient empires…the list goes on.
Say that to South America and all the dictators you created here... many of us are still dealing with the aftermath of Nixon's conveniently named "America for the Americans". Hell, you even created the whole mess with Iran and every single terror that came afterwards just so you could retain some nice bucks from the oil fields.

And sorry for what I'm about to say, but as far as many of us are concerned, you're a gringo; America is the continent, just like we call people from Europe "europeans, people from Asia "asians" and people from Africa "africans", yet for some reason you think only the people from the USA are the ones who can be called "americans"... and damn everybody else who happend to share the continent, including your friendly neighbors of Canada.

I am VERY much aware that to judge an entire country-worth of people for the past or present actions of their leadership is one of the fooliest and destructive things you can do, but you need to understand that many countries-worth of people got screwed over for the sake of the USA benefit, real or even imaginary (just ask Cambodia), but unlike many of the countries you mentioned (who are their own degree of monsters), they don't have the nerve to paint themselves as the good guys for doing the equivalent of war crimes sans Putin and Abe, but that's for later.

Yeah, the main problem here is that you're using the excuse of "but that other person did that too" in order to excuse the crime. A crime is a crime, no matter who does it; naming another group or individual who also did something horrible does not excuse you for what you did, it simply increases the amount of people that ought to atone, apologize or at least aknowledge their bad actions... not gloss them over or pretend they didn't happend.

Sorry for the rant, but you have no idea just how badly Pinochet's dictatorship has scarred my country's psyche up 'till now, so seeing you write that "excuse" simply made me act up.

Say that to South America and all the dictators you created here... many of us are still dealing with the aftermath of Nixon's conveniently named "America for the Americans". Hell, you even created the whole mess with Iran and every single terror that came afterwards just so you could retain some nice bucks from the oil fields.

And sorry for what I'm about to say, but as far as many of us are concerned, you're a gringo; America is the continent, just like we call people from Europe "europeans, people from Asia "asians" and people from Africa "africans", yet for some reason you think only the people from the USA are the ones who can be called "americans"... and damn everybody else who happend to share the continent, including your friendly neighbors of Canada.

I am VERY much aware that to judge an entire country-worth of people for the past or present actions of their leadership is one of the fooliest and destructive things you can do, but you need to understand that many countries-worth of people got screwed over for the sake of the USA benefit, real or even imaginary (just ask Cambodia), but unlike many of the countries you mentioned (who are their own degree of monsters), they don't have the nerve to paint themselves as the good guys for doing the equivalent of war crimes sans Putin and Abe, but that's for later.

Yeah, the main problem here is that you're using the excuse of "but that other person did that too" in order to excuse the crime. A crime is a crime, no matter who does it; naming another group or individual who also did something horrible does not excuse you for what you did, it simply increases the amount of people that ought to atone, apologize or at least aknowledge their bad actions... not gloss them over or pretend they didn't happend.

Sorry for the rant, but you have no idea just how badly Pinochet's dictatorship has scarred my country's psyche up 'till now, so seeing you write that "excuse" simply made me act up.
I’m certainly not excusing any past crimes on our part, I’m simply saying that people and nations have been doing wrong things to each other far longer than anyone can remember. Ranting about it won’t change anything. Besides the British and French used to call themselves the good guys when they were colonial powers. A lot of the dictatorships were also created by various internal actors and certain factions within those countries and not only because of the part that the U.S. played. If you don’t have anything nice to say than don’t say anything at all.

Aggregator gang
If someone had actually taken the time to explain to her what was going on in a non-condescending manner (which was where Ludwig failed in the previous timeline),

Eh I think Ludwig was fine. Sunlight and water are completely different things but if you want a plant to grow you need both. Ludwig's in a good position to light a fire under Mia's ass educate Mia about the country's affairs but he can't be every thing she needs and that's ok.

Users who are viewing this thread