The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 25 Ch. 76 - Long-Distance Reconnaissance Mission II

Dex-chan lover
I honestly can't tell how they thought MC would be the best job at keeping this from escalating into war.

From what I can tell, wouldn't it be better to field a rear guard to bait an invasion, then nuke them all across the mountain range? Deplete their army, give away territory that will tax their logistics, and have a relatively low cost target to scare the other nations.

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see the comments about the typesetting from the previous chapters haven't been heeded in any way: advan-cing (p5), ti-me (p6), empi-re (p6), preve-nt (p7), etc.? Hell, p7 has three word breaks in a single dialog box that has plenty of room for additional lines: ene-my, na-tionality, and identifi-cation!

I honestly can't tell how they thought MC would be the best job at keeping this from escalating into war.

From what I can tell, wouldn't it be better to field a rear guard to bait an invasion, then nuke them all across the mountain range? Deplete their army, give away territory that will tax their logistics, and have a relatively low cost target to scare the other nations.
This is russia, they have endless meat to grind

Dex-chan lover
Page 19, 24 first panel, and 29 last panel went real hard.

Dex-chan lover

the spy they had to keep tabs on Russia died. Central HQ knows Russia is mobilizing forces in an aggressive way.

MC’s role isn’t to avoid war, it’s to find casus belli followed by guerilla warfare to wipe out the attack before it even begins.

Dex-chan lover
I find funny and ironic that you use that pic to compare the two groups.
The first cake is very basic with a single strawberry.
The second is a 2-tier cake, with whipped cream, details and 8 strawberry.
How you could call one marginally worse is baffling.

I actually honestly wonder if you're being sarcastic or if you're exactly the type of moronic idiot who is happy to eat garbage snipers upload.
Because as people pointed out in previous chapters, the sniper translation is bad and full typos, with overall lower quality scan and editing.
They're not marginally worse, they're a lot worse.

Also, actual normal people have standards, when they're receiving a quality service or product they will  not be happy that it got changed to a objectively worse quality version, if you are happy with it that just means you have low standards like a cheap whore.
You like trash? Good for you, but don't expect others to lower themselves to your level, wallow in the filthy like a hobo by yourself.

Aggregator gang
“ルーシー連邦軍” is definitely not “Russian Federation”
I’m pretty sure the official translation is “Russy Federation” but previous scans have been using the more phonetically intuitive “Russie Federation”
It’s very purposefully distinct if still only slightly

Last edited:
I find funny and ironic that you use that pic to compare the two groups.
The first cake is very basic with a single strawberry.
The second is a 2-tier cake, with whipped cream, details and 8 strawberry.
How you could call one marginally worse is baffling.

I actually honestly wonder if you're being sarcastic or if you're exactly the type of moronic idiot who is happy to eat garbage snipers upload.
Because as people pointed out in previous chapters, the sniper translation is bad and full typos, with overall lower quality scan and editing.
They're not marginally worse, they're a lot worse.

Also, actual normal people have standards, when they're receiving a quality service or product they will  not be happy that it got changed to a objectively worse quality version, if you are happy with it that just means you have low standards like a cheap whore.
You like trash? Good for you, but don't expect others to lower themselves to your level, wallow in the filthy like a hobo by yourself.
What type of sad little person calls someone a "filthy hobo" and a "cheap whore" because they don't mind that a great manga is being scanlated by two teams? You are too reddit-brained, just look at the way you text, I also love manga and spend a lot of time reading it but I worry that you've forgotten how real human beings talk, I hope you do understand that when you are older you'll have to think about stuff like this at night and cringe at it before going to sleep and I am truly sorry for that version of you.

You can still read Death Toll's scan! They are one of my favorite teams and I'm truly glad that they've picked up Tanya, I personally have a preference for them when reading Tanya. However the existence of a mid-level scanlation work does not threaten the lives of Death Toll's members so you don't need to worry, and as @Orio so kindly mentioned, if you liked the new team's work, you can subscribe to their patreon! I've never been of monetizing scanlation but who am I to judge, everybody can do their own thing, especially when I'm not the one actually putting in the work, as neither are you I imagine.

Dex-chan lover
What type of sad little person calls someone a "filthy hobo" and a "cheap whore" because they don't mind that a great manga is being scanlated by two teams? You are too reddit-brained, just look at the way you text, I also love manga and spend a lot of time reading it but I worry that you've forgotten how real human beings talk, you do understand that when you are older you'll have to think about stuff like this at night and cringe at it before going to sleep and I am truly sorry for that version of you.

You can still read Death Toll's scan! They are one of my favorite teams and I'm truly glad that they've picked up Tanya, I personally have a preference for them when reading Tanya. However the existence of a mid-level scanlation work does not threaten the lives of Death Toll's members so you don't need to worry, and as @Orio so kindly mentioned, if you liked the new team's work, you can subscribe to their patreon! I've never been of monetizing scanlation but who am I to judge, everybody can do their own thing.
What saddens me is that people don't have standards, otherwise I'm very happy, thank you very much.
I find funny you mention Reddit and how real humans talk, let me give you a life lesson child, humans have been assholes since the dawn of time, not because of Reddit, maybe you should go out and learn how real human beings talk if you think I talk like that because of Reddit, because it's not, I'm just an asshole, and I'll continue to be one for people I believe deserves it.
Don't like that? Go whine on Reddit or Twitter, you're clearly terminally online if you think people are assholes because of fucking Reddit after all, so you must use it a lot and forgot how the real world works.
No, I'm the one who feels sorry for your current and future versions, especially since you're trying to play the age card, that's just pitiful, that's the best you can do? Act like you're the mature one?
What makes me cringe is people simping at subpar translators and acting like subpar work is deserving of reward.
Just so you know, it's not.

People are not threatened by subpar translators who release garbage to grab money from idiots, they're offend and disgusted by it.
@Orio was mocking you and your mindset, he wasn't reminding anybody to waste their money on garbage translator Patreon.
Especially because if you do waste money on them, you truly are a idiot.
Yes, people will continue doing what they do, like judging you for your lack of standards.
And yes, it's true I don't put out any work, and? That's not an argument to defend garbage.
I'm not a chef either, that doesn't mean I won't call out someone for cooking shit.

What saddens me is that people don't have standards, otherwise I'm very happy, thank you very much.
I find funny you mention Reddit and how real humans talk, let me give you a life lesson child, humans have been assholes since the dawn of time, not because of Reddit, maybe you should go out and learn how real human beings talk if you think I talk like that because of Reddit, because it's not, I'm just an asshole, and I'll continue to be one for people I believe deserves it.
Don't like that? Go whine on Reddit or Twitter, you're clearly terminally online if you think people are assholes because of fucking Reddit after all, so you must use it a lot and forgot how the real world works.
No, I'm the one who feels sorry for your current and future versions, especially since you're trying to play the age card, that's just pitiful, that's the best you can do? Act like you're the mature one?
What makes me cringe is people simping at subpar translators and acting like subpar work is deserving of reward.
Just so you know, it's not.

People are not threatened by subpar translators who release garbage to grab money from idiots, they're offend and disgusted by it.
@Orio was mocking you and your mindset, he wasn't reminding anybody to waste their money on garbage translator Patreon.
Especially because if you do waste money on them, you truly are a idiot.
Yes, people will continue doing what they do, like judging you for your lack of standards.
Didn't I mention that I have a preference of Death Toll? I can see how they are better no doubt, it just baffled me how attacked you felt at me simply pointing out that the existence of two teams translating a manga is nothing to fret about, I've dabbled in scanlation work for my mother language so I know how hard it can be! And I am very glad you are so self aware! Perhaps acting like a edgy manhwa character is not so bad if you are at least self aware about it.

Of course I know that Orio, who sadly has been pulled into this situation, didn't mean for people to go to their patreon, I was just being sassy, given your great reading skills (at least for judging the manga's quality) I suspected you'd have noticed, but perhaps the age card wasn't a card after all? Maybe I could've used tone indicators with you? Like /j or /sarcasm, I don't have twitter but I've heard that they use that there to help people like you.

Well, at this point we are just bantering, I can see that you clearly agree with me, there isn't any problem with two team's scanlating the same work, which is the main point out of all of this and really didn't need to become an argument, one can be worse and the other better, who cares as long as it isn't clearly MTL edited in paint with watermarks out the wazoo spam, but at that point it would just be a troll post and probably deleted by a mod or something, in none of my posts I "simped" for the team, don't lie to yourself.

@aiMute
I personally wouldn't call it that bad, I once tried scanlating an old yankii manga to my mother tongue by myself, and did some random translating/redrawing works for a few groups and their work seems at least better than mine! I'm not one to judge the work of someone who's better than me. Of course there are complains to be had, and as my great friend @T-sama pointed out, maybe calling it "marginally worse" oversold the work a bit, but when I am already glad that first-timers work on a manga I like and gradually get better, I find it hard to bash on this team's work more than the necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread