Mieruko-chan - Ch. 57

Banned
I can't help but feel Mr Seto has a point, it's true that at least half the ghosts we have seen aren't outright malevolent and don't attack people, but from what we've seen so far they're not good either.

In case everyone forgot once Miko mistook a ghost for a random boy, that ghost wasn't doing anything outright malevolent, but as soon as he realized Miko could see him he tried to attack her, I think it's safe to assume that vast majority of ghosts would do the same even if they don't seem malevolent.
yeah but there's a lot harmless spirit as well like the kid and her mom on hospital or the grandpa who trying to get the safe combination to his wife.
so far i think romm have a good judgement to recognize the spirit malice and the child spirit on station probaly innocent and probably follow the co-worker because she thought its her mom without any malicious intent.

seto is your typical black and white type of guy, spirit are evil and human are ally. but so far on mieruko we met so many garbage human as well like the cat killer and the landlord.
i wonder if the final arc gonna be seto get hurt significantly by human and save by spirit finally shake his whole perception about good and evil.
i really can't wait what the author cooking next

Dex-chan lover
yeah but there's a lot harmless spirit as well like the kid and her mom on hospital or the grandpa who trying to get the safe combination to his wife.
so far i think romm have a good judgement to recognize the spirit malice and the child spirit on station probaly innocent and probably follow the co-worker because she thought its her mom without any malicious intent.

seto is your typical black and white type of guy, spirit are evil and human are ally. but so far on mieruko we met so many garbage human as well like the cat killer and the landlord.
i wonder if the final arc gonna be seto get hurt significantly by human and save by spirit finally shake his whole perception about good and evil.
i really can't wait what the author cooking next
I think the issue is that there's no way to actually know when a ghost is actually harmless, since they might look normal or at least harmless right until they decide to attack.
We can probably assume the station ghost wasn't malevolent, but I wouldn't be surprised if we find out she was.

I suspect Mr Seto won't bet hurt but will at least recognize a few ghosts are indeed benevolent due to whatever happens with Miko father when they inevitably meet.

One reason I think Mr Sato won't really be proven completely wrong is because people not moving on and becoming a ghost is basically never a good thing, one common thing with ghosts is that either the person was bad to begin with so they become a malevolent ghost, or they're a decent person who couldn't move on due to some unfinished business, but they inevitably become a malevolent ghost because they're simply not supposed to continue in the world of the living, so they either lose their mind over time or the ghost gradually just degrade into something bad.
At least I don't think the manga will go against this since it's a pretty common rule when it comes to ghosts, so in the end actually benevolent ghosts will still be the exception.

Dex-chan lover
I hope Rom at least succeed on pitting Seto against the Creepy Fat Man who had been threatening his life. After all, that’s the reason Rom came to look for his help.
Seto had been changing the subject to Miko and the mountain seal.

Banned
I think the issue is that there's no way to actually know when a ghost is actually harmless, since they might look normal or at least harmless right until they decide to attack.
We can probably assume the station ghost wasn't malevolent, but I wouldn't be surprised if we find out she was.

I suspect Mr Seto won't bet hurt but will at least recognize a few ghosts are indeed benevolent due to whatever happens with Miko father when they inevitably meet.

One reason I think Mr Sato won't really be proven completely wrong is because people not moving on and becoming a ghost is basically never a good thing, one common thing with ghosts is that either the person was bad to begin with so they become a malevolent ghost, or they're a decent person who couldn't move on due to some unfinished business, but they inevitably become a malevolent ghost because they're simply not supposed to continue in the world of the living, so they either lose their mind over time or the ghost gradually just degrade into something bad.
At least I don't think the manga will go against this since it's a pretty common rule when it comes to ghosts, so in the end actually benevolent ghosts will still be the exception.
i think it's clearly what the author want to do with seto "i'm the judge, i'm the hammer" sorta thing while romm so far always have better judgement than anyone else.
the shrine arc prove that romm was right all along but he's too weak to do anything at the time and all other incident he accurately tell which ghost are evil which aren't, how the forest spirit are there to protect and the old man are really really dangerous.
the Station scene prob kinda want to nailed on which ideology they're standing on

the theory of the longer they stays the corrupted they are became is something i was thinking about for a while but the hospital mini-arc kinda debunk this theory.
the mother and daughter passed away early on the dad's life, so they are lingering around atleast for 20 years or so. i think some are easily corrupted if they are evil from the very first but the good people are remained intact until their business are over.
oh yeah, the bald cat lover wife also stay with him uncorrupted, i think only the shrine maiden are succumb to evil even though she's seems like a good person because the circumstance of her death are unethical at best

there's so many stuff to theorize, mieruko and kaya honestly one of fav horror that still ongoing im looking forward for their new chapter release

Users who are viewing this thread