The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - Dance in the Palm of My Hand

Double-page supporter
maaaaan we gettin some top tier d.gray man-level of character design with the first prince there. 👌😮‍💨 this was a great chapter to read. the pov of the foster brother gives us a better sense of how truly fucked up the prince is. rip prince you will NOT recover from this.

Dex-chan lover
That's 200% a form of mind control, considering the star maiden can't tie two words together it is difficult to imagine her being suave or sly enough to manipulate anyone without them doing these things on their own under drug effect. It only reaffirmed my thinking tbh.
She was a bully in her previous life, she knows how to manipulate to some extent.
She started by accusing Remilia of being a bully, but no one believe her. She quickly caught that all the boys loved her, then she changed her tune, she started to telling how she was bullied because Remilia was jealous.
The boys were happy that Remilia was being jealous for them, and even if her story didn't really make sense, it boosts their ego that the girls they like were being jealous for them.

So they didn't intervene at all, on the contrary they started to hang out more with the star maiden who feed their ego. All the while they breathed the perfumes and started to appreciate her. Instead of trying to do anything about the issues, they wanted Remilia to apologize to validate their vanity and eventually being friend with the star maiden too.

I gave more details about the boys POV here : https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...-in-the-palm-of-my-hand.1717505/post-21260126

Dex-chan lover
not shown, no
but they mentioned in this chapter that one of the foodstuffs Pina introduced was fucking mayo, which is not gonna play nice with anyone if they do not have proper storage methods
and let's be honest they will not have proper storage methods
(they also mentioned chocolate, so I am expecting some dead puppers)
Storage ? She doesn't even know how to differentiate a good from a bad egg. XD

Dex-chan lover
She was a bully in her previous life, she knows how to manipulate to some extent.
She started by accusing Remilia of being a bully, but no one believe her. She quickly caught that all the boys loved her, then she changed her tune, she started to telling how she was bullied because Remilia was jealous.
The boys were happy that Remilia was being jealous for them, and even if her story didn't really make sense, it boosts their ego that the girls they like were being jealous for them.

So they didn't intervene at all, on the contrary they started to hang out more with the star maiden who feed their ego. All the while they breathed the perfumes and started to appreciate her. Instead of trying to do anything about the issues, they wanted Remilia to apologize to validate their vanity and eventually being friend with the star maiden too.

I gave more details about the boys POV here : https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...-in-the-palm-of-my-hand.1717505/post-21260126

I wish this was covered in manga.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's better explained in the book, but basically, while the star maiden uses a love perfume to increase her likability, it was ultimately her manipulative skill that win over the prince.

At first, nobody believe her when she says she was bullied, until she claims Remilia did it by jealousy. The boys were quite happy at this idea and eventually, the ego boost makes them believe it.
The prince truly believed Remilia did it, because he has an inferiority complex toward her, it feels good to him that she choose to stood low for jealousy. He believed that when she acknowledges her wrong and apologizes, he will forgive her, and they can be a couple as equal.
He feels betray by Remilia when she refuses to apologize, he thinks she picks her pride instead of him. He started to truly despite her at this moment. The exile was initially proposed as a treat only, but the prince goes with it to teach her a lesson, once she be humbled and apologizes, he will forgive and take her back. He didn't expect her to not contact him at all after her exile.

The musician and soldier didn't really believe she did it. But they still think maybe some stuff are true because of the ego boost. But they don't believe she tried to kill the star maiden. The plan was to make the prince and Remilia broke up by feeding him into his delusion, then they will smooth the broken heart of Remilia and drown in their own fantasy.
They expected Remilia to not apologizes and the break-up, they didn't expect the exile. Eventually, the brother convinces them to wait until Remilia call for help before taking her back to have a better impact. But she didn't, and they were chocked by it, then more or less forced to stay loyal to the star maiden because it will be weird if they change their stance now.

The brother is a creep. He was the less affected by the star maiden, he notices the perfume effect and stay away from her, he was completely rational, he just acted like he wasn't, so the star maiden didn't suspect anything. But he wanted to marry his sister and for that he needs her to break up with the prince. He also poison the father against her to having her remove from the family tree, so he can marry her later. He also behind the exile, it was mean to gain time while the paperwork for the family tree was done and cock block the others too. She was supposed to wait for him to bring her back as a brother, family and only ally who try to reason the rest and eventually Remilia who will be grateful to him will open up to more incestuous feeling.

Needless to say, they are all wrong. Even if Remilia didn't take the body control and Emi was still here, she was so traumatizes by this event she ended up in the coma for 15 years.
She got reborn as Remilia daughter on her own accord.

Also, it's not mentioned in the manga, but after Remilia exile, some witnesses admit not telling the truth about the bulling. That create a stir and 3 camp formed. A third of the witnesses admit lying, more than half are evasive about it, and a few continue their stances.
Since more than half of the witness were doubtful, it was proposed to reopen the case. But the prince object. Contrary to what the prince and 3 others dudes have told, they never really investigate the bullying case.

They didn't have proof outside of rumors, the pile of document they present is just a compilation of rumor and event without any concrete proof, just a pile of document. Mostly because Remilia was supposed to apologizes and be forgiven, not be exiled. If the case is reopened, it will be evident they slopped their work and condemned Remilia under little to nothing.

To protect themselves, the princes uses his royal authority to refuses the case to be reopened, three times. People question it, and that event make a huge blow to his credibility.

All that happen when Remilia was traveling the world, but the manga skip it. It was part of the reason Remilia was able to start her revenge. Since they were ground too bad practices in her condemnation, nobles were more open to give her the benefice of the doubt when she contacted them.
Holy crap, may e I should go read the ln

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see a villain story actually starring a villain. In all honesty, no blame lies on William, he was literally brainwashed, something Reimilia should know given her access to "meta knowledge" of the world. Its not like you can prevent your affection being raised by the items. But still, reimilia doesnt care one bit. Shes out for revenge, whether just or not.
Again he wasnt brainwashed, all that was influenced was how favourable he sees Pina aka the star maiden. Nothing more and nothing less. He is still fully accountable for what he did.
Regarding the food poisoning .. it comes from the mayonaise, because eggs are not "clean" and "steril" enoughh to be used for mayo yet.

Dex-chan lover
Remilia can't keep getting away with this!

Narrator: Remilia kept getting away with it, and we loved her for it.
Arguably this whole thing started because she didn't get away with it (not that she actually did it)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
While I enjoy the little show that Remilia have orchestrated, I still have a lingering regret that she strikes against a person who've suffered the most. Williar did not deserve to be mindcontrolled and then triple fucked by everyone around him, even if he did foster a sense of jealousy towards Emi.
i don't think it's a type of mind control of highest level to the point that the victim is a puppet but imo what remilia did was a nudge type of manipulation. in a sense, the guy is in a region-beta paradox state and a little motivation(which remilia gave) got him to get out of the foxhole.

Dex-chan lover
i don't think it's a type of mind control of highest level to the point that the victim is a puppet but imo what remilia did was a nudge type of manipulation. in a sense, the guy is in a region-beta paradox state and a little motivation(which remilia gave) got him to get out of the foxhole.
My beef was with star maiden's use of the perfume.

What Remilia did was some interesting use of suggestion for sure. Some people in this thread have used webnovel to explain exactly what she did, it fits the setting fairly well imo.

Dex-chan lover
I just fucking understood why the nobles laughing at the prince!

They already using the crops rotation also using Remilia's fertilizer. The prince looks like a clown for doing something that was a common knowledge for the other nobles and calling it reformation.

Also the lack of time passage in the story make it looks like all of this is shorter than it should be.

However, the time stamp in page 5 shows that that laughing incident occurred 2 months after Remilia and first prince's meeting hinting that many event have occured without Willard's notice.

I'm looking forward to Pina getting hers. But whole elaborate revenge vs someone who was literally mind controlled is a bit much. I mean, he's clearly a bit of a putz anyways since he's fucking up all over the place, but his main failing along with the other dudes is literally 'a lack of immunity to literal mind control'.

Dex-chan lover
I'm looking forward to Pina getting hers. But whole elaborate revenge vs someone who was literally mind controlled is a bit much. I mean, he's clearly a bit of a putz anyways since he's fucking up all over the place, but his main failing along with the other dudes is literally 'a lack of immunity to literal mind control'.
Yeah and no, the perfume increases her likability, but doesn't take the boy's free will.

Dex-chan lover
umh... is there any chance you guys can upscale the chapter pages? I understand the raws are what they are, but there are plenty of softwares to upscale them pretty well

Dex-chan lover
try 24 hours to break the death flags.
ending is perfect
I read that one already, it is great I agree, but the build up for the hate was too short, and the ending wasn't as satisfying, since the enemies are not the only ones hurt.

Dex-chan lover
I read that one already, it is great I agree, but the build up for the hate was too short, and the ending wasn't as satisfying, since the enemies are not the only ones hurt.
I honestly thought it was going to be 25 chapters long

Users who are viewing this thread