The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 13 - The Mercy of a Saint

Dex-chan lover
The greatest form of charity, as described by the Rambam, is to assist others by helping them before they become dependent on others, such as by giving them a loan or helping them find employment, allowing them to retain their dignity. The second greatest form is to give with complete anonymity, with the giver not knowing who the receiver is, and the receiver not knowing who the giver is. The protagonist is doing one of these for a nation of 30,000.

The level of charity the Maiden is doing is likely between the 5th and 7th levels, 5th being giving to the poor directly without being asked, 6th being giving after being asked, and 7th being giving inadequately but cheerfully.

In other words, the Maiden's charity is to a verifiably lesser degree than the protagonists.
The "give a man a fish, teach a man to fish" axiom as it were. The "heroine" is a giving them half rotted fish and Remillia is basically giving a fishing fleet and lessons.

Dex-chan lover
im glad the manga give more depth to the story, even tough its still basically same with the WN
this make reading the manga give you new experience even for those who already know the story from the WN

Group Leader
Are those official merch :meguupog: or bonus for something idk
TIL the word “kuji”, meaning “raffle”. Each ticket sold for 770¥.

So. Apparently, from 2023/07/21 03:00:00 UTC (ie ~35.5 hours from the time of this writing) and for over one month (until 2023/08/28 03:00:00 UTC) there's going to be a raffle for Akuyaku Reijou no Naka no Hito goods.

Possible results:
‣ Portraits ×2 (Some sort of super-high-quality printing process is involved if I'm not mistaken)
‣ Acrylic dioramata ×2
‣ Framed magnets ×10
‣ Acrylic key-holders ×20
‣ Signed portrait ×1 (By Shiraume Nazuna)

Plus if you buy 10 tickets at once you get 5× button pins.

The web-site of the raffle could quite possibly be https://oshi-challe.jp/product/nakanohito.

PS1: I have no idea if the ‘×’ there is the amount of objects or the amount of different variants.
PS2: I'm fairly certain that the hour mentioned, ie 12:00, refers to noon and not midnight.
PS3: The web-site's FAQ mentions that, while they themselves don't offer international shipping, users are free to use Tenso.com to get their swag shipped overseas.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I do find it a bit funny though that she is holding a charity for the poor in what looks like a fairly rich area of the capital, forcing both poor and rich people to more clearly see the divide between each other, something that has a risk of creating the spark for a revolution.
Doubt she ever considered that and probably just didn't want to step into the slum.
It gets worse the more you think about it. If she's running her soup kitchen away from the areas where the poor and starving actually live, then chances are the ones that actually need it the most aren't even going to be able to bring themselves to her "charity". The people who could actually benefit, those who are too hungry to move, will keep starving, while the people who already have enough food to have the energy to make it to the soup kitchen are the ones who will get a meal.

I suspect that Pina put her charity in a rich area so all the nobles could see her "good deeds" (and because she didn't want to set foot in the slum) which is also why she's running the joint herself, instead of delegating. She wants the nobles to see her saintly acts, without realizing that this is gonna backfire tremendously, because instead all the nobles will remember is that she disrupted their businesses and foot traffic in their area.

Fed-Kun's army
That last panel... she deserver more than punch

She deserver ∞ punch!

Dex-chan lover
The revenge looks like it will be "Literally everyone in the world is going to get their happily ever after EXCEPT your bitch-ass"
The fact the she didn't even have to raise her hand on star maiden or other nobles and their child really shows the difference.

Dex-chan lover
They really need to show the falling out of Pina and the people she charmed with already ,now that she lost the demon perfume. Cause it has been a while since Remilia left

Dex-chan lover
I love this series so much! Seeing Remilia doing miracles and saving the world out of pure spite and hate is pure magic! I can't wait to see how much of a mess the Capital is now that Pina is assumingly out of her charm items. Will the folks slowly come out of it like clearing a foggy haze, or will they all just suddenly notice how repugnant the Star Maiden is?

Also, it never occurred to me until someone on here mentioned it in an earlier post... The real Pina (is that her real name?) must be in agony watching this selfish monster run wild in her body.

And can Emi see what Remilia is doing? Is it a Rick Jones/Captain Marvel thing? Or is poor Emi just gone now?

Thanks a bunch for translating this!

Dex-chan lover
I love this series so much! Seeing Remilia doing miracles and saving the world out of pure spite and hate is pure magic! I can't wait to see how much of a mess the Capital is now that Pina is assumingly out of her charm items. Will the folks slowly come out of it like clearing a foggy haze, or will they all just suddenly notice how repugnant the Star Maiden is?

Also, it never occurred to me until someone on here mentioned it in an earlier post... The real Pina (is that her real name?) must be in agony watching this selfish monster run wild in her body.

And can Emi see what Remilia is doing? Is it a Rick Jones/Captain Marvel thing? Or is poor Emi just gone now?

Thanks a bunch for translating this!
This is Spoiler so I will hide it
Can Emi see what Remilia is doing?

No, she is sleeping until Remilia wakes her up after everything is over.

A little more to that, the real Pina is a Star Maiden (the Maiden that the spirits love), after the condemned, she is released from her body and comes to the spirit world. Remilia comes to the Spirit world and saves her soul. Remilia asks if Pina wants to start over as her child and the real Pina agrees. She becomes Remilia's first son. Yes, TS to male. Of course, Remilia helps her because she needs to test it and also gains favor from the Spirits.

Later, after Remilia makes sure everything is okay, she comes to the Spirit world again. With the Spirits' help, She separates Emi's soul and talks to her.
Emi is really happy, but she somewhat shows respect to Remilia. Remilia is sad that Emi calls her Remilia-san instead of Remi-tan so she asks Emi "Won't you call me Remi-tan like before?".

Remilia then tells Emi "almost" everything (leaves the revenge part because Emi will be sad if she hears it). Remilia asks if Emi wants to become her daughter. After Emi accepts, Remilia FINALLY finds peace and happiness after all time.

Lastly, poor Anger. He tries to kiss Remilia's breast when she breastfeeding Emi (jealous). Remilia kicks him out of the room with a furious face. After a while, when he still cries inside, Remilia comes next to him, rests her head on his shoulder, and tells him "I love you... AFTER THE KID (Emi), though"

Users who are viewing this thread