The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 13 - The Mercy of a Saint

Dex-chan lover
I pity the original heroine... She gotta be in there torturing herself, mind broken by all this evil.
I did not thought of that... sure, the villainess could see everything from inside, so it comes to reason that the real heroine is also watching... she probably is already jaded from all the stupidity of the reincarnated... now i want to see the real heroine sucker punching the fake one!

Fed-Kun's army
Doing charity without improving the economy first? What are you, an idiot? You don't even understand the root cause. Eliminate the root cause first, that's what true charity is, not some shallow plan to make yourself look good, which is called hypocrisy.
That is an odd line of thinking, charity is needed because solving the root causes is difficult and takes time, ideally you should be doing both at the same time, not one or the other.
Of course she is doing it hypocritically though, since she quite likely waste more money personally than what is actually spent on that charity.

I do find it a bit funny though that she is holding a charity for the poor in what looks like a fairly rich area of the capital, forcing both poor and rich people to more clearly see the divide between each other, something that has a risk of creating the spark for a revolution.
Doubt she ever considered that and probably just didn't want to step into the slum.

Dex-chan lover
Capturehfvy.png

What the star maiden needs
what is this from?

Dex-chan lover
Remilia is hugely manipulative, using her superior knowledge to play everyone around her like a fiddle. The only thing keeping her from being correctly judged as a monster is her utter devotion to 'Emi', which constrains her to take more socially-acceptable courses of action.

It's why this series is just so, so good. Remilia is absolutely a villain, who only cares about her own selfish desires and goes to great lengths to fulfill them. She has not really changed from the original character, who summoned the demon lord to ravage the world.

Luckily for everyone who isn't the Star Maiden and her harem, her desires are currently focused on pleasing a genuinely good person. So instead of drowning the world in fire and blood to get her revenge, she's giving everyone the happiest of endings so that she can usurp the "heroine"'s very reason for existence.
Remi took the adage of "the best revenge is living well" to heart and decided that EVERYONE is going to live well... and know exactly why. She's rendered the people she hates effectively impotent and fixed any and all problems they could have used to raise their standing, leaving them at the bottom of a pile of incompetence.

When everyone sees how "Remillia" not only ended the war with the demons at the root cause and fixed the kingdom's flagging economy, people are going to question just what the fuck the prince was thinking for calling off his engagement to so competent a woman for...  THAT.

Dex-chan lover
Doing charity without improving the economy first? What are you, an idiot? You don't even understand the root cause. Eliminate the root cause first, that's what true charity is, not some shallow plan to make yourself look good, which is called hypocrisy.
she's probably drugging them

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely really love this. And am I alone in feeling like the only actually bad thing she’s doing is making sure she keeps her own body. Sure the motives aren’t good but the results do NOTHING but benefit those around her. Raising emy’s station through genuine good deeds
I'm not sure how much of the story the manga will cover but I think you'll love what happens after the main story.

Dex-chan lover
Her attempts to make herself look cute are appalling.
If she really cared about charity she would have at least had a few guards keeping order with her.
You can't just let people fight for the food and call it charity.
Oh well the food problem will be solved soon anyway. No point in pointing out how stupid Pina is anyway when she's already caught in the spiders web and doesn't even realize it.

Remilia is hugely manipulative, using her superior knowledge to play everyone around her like a fiddle. The only thing keeping her from being correctly judged as a monster is her utter devotion to 'Emi', which constrains her to take more socially-acceptable courses of action.

It's why this series is just so, so good. Remilia is absolutely a villain, who only cares about her own selfish desires and goes to great lengths to fulfill them. She has not really changed from the original character, who summoned the demon lord to ravage the world.

Luckily for everyone who isn't the Star Maiden and her harem, her desires are currently focused on pleasing a genuinely good person. So instead of drowning the world in fire and blood to get her revenge, she's giving everyone the happiest of endings so that she can usurp the "heroine"'s very reason for existence.
Nothing is a better motivation that revenge and pettiness

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL!
One thing I love about this series is that you can't never forget that Remi is a complete villainess. She's doing everything for her own selfish reasons, using everything and everyone. It's just that her selfish reasons are her love for Emi and her desire to see her again, benefitting everyone else in the process.

Dex-chan lover
The people that own business there gonna start complaining because their customers won't come anymore because they are disgusted with the poor people

Dex-chan lover
I know they're all hungry but I wouldn't put it past her to drug this charity food

Users who are viewing this thread