The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 13 - The Mercy of a Saint

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely appreciate the dissonance between her personality/motivations, and what she actually does.

"Yes... I'll show them all... I'll use these human tools properly... to make the world an objectively better place!" [cue lightning strike, pipe organ, and evil laughter]

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely really love this. And am I alone in feeling like the only actually bad thing she’s doing is making sure she keeps her own body. Sure the motives aren’t good but the results do NOTHING but benefit those around her. Raising emy’s station through genuine good deeds
Could you explain the first part? Sorry, but I don’t get what you mean by “the only bad thing she’s doing is making sure she keeps her own body.”
Remilia is hugely manipulative, using her superior knowledge to play everyone around her like a fiddle. The only thing keeping her from being correctly judged as a monster is her utter devotion to 'Emi', which constrains her to take more socially-acceptable courses of action.

It's why this series is just so, so good. Remilia is absolutely a villain, who only cares about her own selfish desires and goes to great lengths to fulfill them. She has not really changed from the original character, who summoned the demon lord to ravage the world.

Luckily for everyone who isn't the Star Maiden and her harem, her desires are currently focused on pleasing a genuinely good person. So instead of drowning the world in fire and blood to get her revenge, she's giving everyone the happiest of endings so that she can usurp the "heroine"'s very reason for existence.
I have been saying, for a quite a while on the chapter’s comments, that Remi was somewhat reformed by EM. Remi is not the same person she was during emi’s play-through . Remi learned that there are kindhearted people like emi, and she changes because of that. You can see it in the chapter where she catches herself smiling at the demon kinds. Remi was surprised and tries to convince herself that it was a mistake, and that she’s actually happy for Emi. She is using people for her goal, but she freaking saved the goddamn world and the whole demon race. Can we call a person who does that evil?

also, the last panel just reminds me of that French princess who says “Let them eat cake.” It’s just so tone deaf to see these people on the verge of killing each other for a plate of food and make a pouty face like that. I get the need for some immediate action for the needy in times of struggle, and i think it’s a good move. However, if there is no bigger plan to get the economy to a better place where people won’t be starving, then it’s just a publicity stunt waiting to go wrong. plus the star maiden obviously doesn’t have a plan. She’s absolute garbage.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh, I'd never even thought of that, but isn't this a fairly horrific and likely scenario? Since we know what possession is like because of the Villainess, it should be the same for the Heroine... What a terrible fate indeed.
Nope, it's the Spoiler for what will happen.
Noted that the other reader writes "Original" Heroine. The one who is pure and innocent. And "she" will become Remi + Anger's first "son"

Dex-chan lover
Seeing that last panel bums me knowing What the original heroine is going through

Dex-chan lover
Remilia literally able to solo a god. Thanks to Emi's influence, she is not evil.

If Remilia really wanted to, I think she can level the capital herself without resorting to use demons.

Basically newRemilia is way stronger that ogRemilia.

Dex-chan lover
fO9hqdq.png

Doesn't everyone here just wanna punch her?
Just a tiny, full swing, fist to the face, just one.​
First thing that went on my mind when i saw the last page was "man, she has a really punchable face"

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely really love this. And am I alone in feeling like the only actually bad thing she’s doing is making sure she keeps her own body. Sure the motives aren’t good but the results do NOTHING but benefit those around her. Raising emy’s station through genuine good deeds
she's not even doing that tbh, she's really just making sure that the world will be better when emi decides to come out again

Dex-chan lover
Doing charity without improving the economy first? What are you, an idiot? You don't even understand the root cause. Eliminate the root cause first, that's what true charity is, not some shallow plan to make yourself look good, which is called hypocrisy.
i wan on the point to say it's how we do things irl before realizing it's not the same political system. anyway it stay ironic to realize that.

Fed-Kun's army
If she's trying to give food for the entire country, and without improving the economy too, considering the amount of people able to pay the taxes, and the ratio of people able/unable to pay them, then I'd say she could only do this for a year and half at most. If you add politics and X factors like Remilia, then maybe 2-4 months at most. After the economy collapsed, she's a dead meat and all of her plans for popularity would go down to smoke for sure. She's a joke. She reminded me of a certain clown voted for president and provoked a war to a huge country and now reaping what he sow, paying it greatly.
IDK comparing Star Maiden to Putin feels bit like a reach.

Supporter
Remillia's speed running of the plot and the subsequent reaction faces are still funny as hell.

Emi remembering the game really made things a lot easier for the human side of the world, most of the miasma misery never hit the human cities.

Users who are viewing this thread