Starting Today, We’re Childhood Friends - Vol. 10 Ch. 91 - Childhood Friend and Chocolate

Double-page supporter
The game was rigged from the start. Kaede was going for childhood friends getting married all along.

Dex-chan lover
good thing that the 40 chapter gap didn't happen here so that i didn't miss anything lol

Double-page supporter
Better correct and long than easy-to-understand and wrong.
b9f.gif

Dex-chan lover
IKENAI BORDERLINEEEEEEEEE

sorry, all these giri and it kept making me remember that dumb song

Dex-chan lover
You playing w me haha you can't fool me, I've been fooled multiple times dawg, it'll be child hood friend chocolate or something

There's DEFINITELY gonna be no romance development until chapter 100

Aggregator gang
Ugh untranslation. “obligation choco”! “obligation choco”! “obligation choco”!

Beyond the emersiveness and simple abdication, other people being confused is another reason why I hate untranslation, translation note in the previous chapter or not. Some people won't have seen it or will have forgotten. Having things be maximally reasonably in English is always the best option.

And conveniently enough, the very next chapter demonstrates exactly how and why using the original term and including a note to explain what the term is generally taken to mean and, more complexly, what it actually does mean, was exactly the right way to handle it, since the entire point of it all hinges on that specific combination of meanings, and no English term would've conveyed it.

Like it or not, you and the rest of the "localization trumps every other consideration" crowd are going to have to come to terms with the simple fact that conveying the nuances of a Japanese medium often requires the use of some Japanese terms, and people then asking what those terms mean isn't some sort of failure, but just a part of the process.

Contributor
And conveniently enough, the very next chapter demonstrates exactly how and why using the original term and including a note to explain what the term is generally taken to mean and, more complexly, what it actually does mean, was exactly the right way to handle it, since the entire point of it all hinges on that specific combination of meanings, and no English term would've conveyed it.

Like it or not, you and the rest of the "localization trumps every other consideration" crowd are going to have to come to terms with the simple fact that conveying the nuances of a Japanese medium often requires the use of some Japanese terms, and people then asking what those terms mean isn't some sort of failure, but just a part of the process.
You're wrong on so many fronts lmao.
1. You could've easily translated the next chapter too.
2. I guarantee I'm more anti-localiezation and even more anti-localization than you, so fuck off.

Users who are viewing this thread