Isekai Yururi Camp - Ch. 10 - Work Hard

Dex-chan lover
About not really cleaning the weeds, you can chalk it up to how MC can fast-forward and even skip a lot of farming steps due to plant goddess' blessing. He can insta-grow these plants with the plants absorbing the surrounding nutrients quickly, so burning the field is not really necessary if the "grounded" weeds can already get absorbed as nutrients.
Being able to skip farming steps doesn't answer why he's taking more steps than necessary. Like how digging the soil up and plowing accomplishes the same thing, but they treat it as two distinct and necessary steps.

I also didn't say burning the field is necessary; I said it was a good idea. It would accomplish the same purpose for less work.

People also don't normally use weed burning in a forest; there's a high risk of the fire spreading to other flammable materials (like dry twigs and leaves) and structures.
People generally don't have magic powers to create fire.

It's MC's perk: the blessing made all the plants he cultivated far tastier than those growing wild.
What I said has nothing to do with MC's perk. That's about everyone else.

Certainly the Demon King won't mind his daughter being put to work in a field!
I have no idea how he would react. For the kind of fluffy nature of the manga, I don't think he'd object too much. Though he'd probably not mind her growing up a bit.

What would also explain this is the "everyone who goes from Earth to [another world] is smart and everyone in [another world] is ignorant" trope that is often over-abused.
That's pretty much what I was getting at. It's like how some people claim medieval people were filthy and smelled bad all the time. Like, did people not have noses back then? Is human progress not based on making things more comfortable for ourselves? If there's a problem, people would have tried to fix it, and if there exists a viable solution for the technology level, it's likely to be found.

Really, not only the MC, but possibly the Mangaka as well could be completely ignorant of real world farming. Far too often people don't research (or deeply research) their subject material...
That's the impression I'm getting from this manga as a whole.

The author seems quite deliberate in addressing the frequent complaint about brats being let off the hook just because they're cute girls. Normally you don't see that much focus on getting them to realize the consequences of their actions.
I really do like the double-take she did on reflecting on her actions.

Dex-chan lover
actually, her idea to burn the weeds is a good one as long as they can control it, it would be a much faster way to clear the weeds requiering much less work, and they have water magic to very easily control the fire, i've done tons of controled burns of ditches and fields with nothing more then a gardenhose and a wateringcan to control the fire, the burned grass and weed would also contribute some nutrition to the soil.
and whats up with the censoring on page 16?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Controlled burns is a thing for farming. It's more commonly used if the foliage is too thick to deal with and very easy to do. Downside with is that it can get out of hand if the surrounding plants in the area is too dry due to the heat and due to how easy it is to do, most farmers forget to leave some areas for the wildlife so laws are made to control people.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm pretty sure the entire idea behind not letting her burn the fields is that it would be way easier and faster for her to do so, thus she wouldn't learn anything about the hard work that goes into it, no?

Dex-chan lover
Burning the fields would actually be a very good idea and expedite the process and provide fertile nutrients for the soil.

I can only hope the MC didn't approve because he thinks she doesn't know the concept of "restraint" and would've burned down half the fucking forest or something. Otherwise it would've been a good idea... and... y'know... you don't need magic to start a controlled burn fire.

Dex-chan lover
Burning weeds would be good before planting. Probably even preferable, if you can do it completely, since it provides nutrients with the ashes. And if you're at the stage where you're digging and removing rocks, you haven't planted, so burning would be good.
Was about to comment this. Granted, it depends on the type of weed, as some kinds need to be removed by the roots and fires only deal with the top part. It does work well for weeds that drop a load of seeds when removed manually however, as those seeds gets burned.
For ones that do both, you pretty much need to either pick them all up, blanket the field with them, and then burn them hoping the seeds they dropped get burned too. Or burn them and then till the field in a way that allows you to separate out the roots.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure the entire idea behind not letting her burn the fields is that it would be way easier and faster for her to do so, thus she wouldn't learn anything about the hard work that goes into it, no?
I didn't get that impression, and I don't think it makes sense either. If that was his intention, he could just have given her worse tools to make her work harder, or just make her do more work. In this situation it also strikes me as malicious, or punishment for the sake of punishment, since she would have to work harder than he did for the same result.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine if plants were sentient and held grudges against people irl. :notlikethis:

Double-page supporter
Something about the way the MC interacts with these girls exudes smugness and makes me recoil reading this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread