Boy's Abyss - Ch. 173 - The Righteous Fire of Life

Dex-chan lover
he said

2e66371efaf879ae93ddfce077f58581.gif

I'm kinda curious what the original Japanese said on page 2, because both scanlations have super different translations for Nagi's line in the bottom of the page.

Dex-chan lover
I'm kinda curious what the original Japanese said on page 2, because both scanlations have super different translations for Nagi's line in the bottom of the page.
I think this one is wrong. Here she said she was desperate to "never" let Reini say he wants to die with her. This doesn't make sense. She was desperate to make him say that, not to "never" make him say that.

Dex-chan lover
I think this one is wrong. Here she said she was desperate to "never" let Reini say he wants to die with her. This doesn't make sense. She was desperate to make him say that, not to "never" make him say that.
Maybe by that she meant "I was desperate to say it first so you didn't have to."
With overall context, either could make sense, although I do see the other TL being more accurate.

I think you're right, yeah. I noticed her line about the uncle is slightly off as well; this version of the translation, what she says doesn't really flow together logically, unless she's trying to imply she thinks Mao is at least living a shitty life ("the life he deserves"), but that doesn't seem likely.

Dex-chan lover
I think you're right, yeah. I noticed her line about the uncle is slightly off as well; this version of the translation, what she says doesn't really flow together logically, unless she's trying to imply she thinks Mao is at least living a shitty life ("the life he deserves"), but that doesn't seem likely.
We should ask the TLs in the other abyss server on discord why that choice of words.

The things that annoy me with this chapter are actually 2: that "Take me to the sea" line.
It sounds a lot more selfish than the og and more inclusive"Let's go into the sea" (海に行こう/Umi ni ikou). Also, Yuri's rant was all about her going to confess and being rejected, not about her dumping Reiji, that's some MemeTL level of mistranslation.

The "You're next" line kinda makes sense if we consider AW, when they were BCS, translated a line from one of the chapts from vol. 5 where Reiji, in the RAWs (and the official spanish TL, had to check and verify that was the case) threatened Yuri to expose her grooming with the school authorities, but they adapted it to Reiji going to kill her for what she has done to Chako. Anyway, it sounds like Reiji has her as her 2nd target on his list of people to be murdered (Mao being the top priority).

Gotta have to go to ask them. Because the wait for the spanish releases is gonna be quite long, they are releasing the volumes on a bimonthly schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread