Ochikobore Kenshi, Tsuihousareta no de Majutsushi ni Tenkou suru - Kenshi no Toki wa Gomi Skill datta "Zettai Kioku" wa Majutsushi ni Totte wa Kami S…

Dex-chan lover
Oh that's an interesting worldbuilding! Something along the lines of knowing someone's true name can grant you some dominion over them. Since this is a world of magic, it makes sense that one's true name would mean you would be open to hex or curses.

...now will this appear again in the future, or will it be irrelevant?

Dex-chan lover
Oh that's an interesting worldbuilding! Something along the lines of knowing someone's true name can grant you some dominion over them. Since this is a world of magic, it makes sense that one's true name would mean you would be open to hex or curses.

i really like the true name thingy in magic, but at the same time i can't help but question what make a "true" name, like for exemple batman: he consider himself Batman first and Bruce Wayne his is disguise, so does his true name his Batman or is it his birth name? does the true name include any middle name?

Group Leader

I can answer that spoiler alert
This appears again in the future

Group Leader

also the manga actually get better with the world building from here

Supporter
i really like the true name thingy in magic, but at the same time i can't help but question what make a "true" name, like for exemple batman: he consider himself Batman first and Bruce Wayne his is disguise, so does his true name his Batman or is it his birth name? does the true name include any middle name?
It feels like Batman can say "I'm Batman" but unless you're more powerful than him, you can't say "it's Batman!" Goes a long way to explain why the basic thugs always call him "The Bat."

Dex-chan lover
Now I wonder why cover art shows the Mom and doll maid, do they somehow get along after this encounter that will end sillyly.

Dex-chan lover

A plot device that so conveniently gives the MC an advantage over other wizards definitely isn't just gonna go away.

Dex-chan lover
Is that why their names are so... stupid? Like Ice Cream and things like that? It's just nicknames rather than their real names to avoid hexes or making people cough up blood? It'll be funny when Durandal just copies her magic and launches it right back at her.

Fed-Kun's army
why split the spread just to post it at the end? just leave the spread as a spread.

Dex-chan lover
why split the spread just to post it at the end? just leave the spread as a spread.
Resolution issues for different devices. On a phone the image is either to big to fit on the screen, or so small it's difficult to read the text, while a monitor would handle the difference easily.

So leaving all the pages a uniform size allows for easy reading no matter the platform, adding the double page image whole allows people to see the picture as well.

Dex-chan lover
Her name is Ice Cream from the Glace (French for Ice... her Mom's name Dondurma is Turkish for ice cream, from "Frozen", btw) family, and it took me until now to realize she's wearing an ornamental cone hairband.

:haa:

Last edited:
Well, rather than a True Name system, what we have here is a massive identity protection spell on their given names to prevent them from being used in verbal spellcasting.

It certainly helps to avoid being targeted beyond line of sight, or telepathically contacted by low ranking mages outside the 107.

Fed-Kun's army
Resolution issues for different devices. On a phone the image is either to big to fit on the screen, or so small it's difficult to read the text, while a monitor would handle the difference easily.

So leaving all the pages a uniform size allows for easy reading no matter the platform, adding the double page image whole allows people to see the picture as well.

phone users should not be the main priority.

Dex-chan lover
phone users should not be the main priority.
Then which platform should the app be designed for? True you could make an argument for tablets or TVs and computers are another valid and often used option. But there is one platform that practically everyone has easy access too, no matter where they are and that is the smart phone.

And I highly doubt they are catering to any one platform. My WAG is they prefer the formating of single pages and just add in the double page as a courtesy. In any case it doesn't matter which option they choose, as inevitably some ungrateful asshole will complain because of course their preferences matters more then the next guy's.

It's the interwebs after all. The mostly anonymous land of self-entitled asshats and mad lads with genocidal murder hobo tendencies.

Users who are viewing this thread