Genkaigoe no Skill wa, Tenseisha ni Shika Atsukaenai - Over Limit Skill Holder - Ch. 23 - True malice is only found in those you care for - 3

Double-page supporter
Novel reader here. He brought Eva till the outer walls because he wanted to teach the count a lesson and hope that he changes a little. He is leaving Eva behind cus he plans to join adventures and look for his mentors family in the magic-craft kingdom. Going on dangerous adventures while having a bounty on his head due to black hair , he thinks that he can't protect Eva and decides to let her go.

Dex-chan lover
So... this has a romance tag but dude essentially rejected the only possible partner because the one he is chasing doesn't seem to have romantic feelings for him... bro is seriously trying to destroy his life at what 14? And all in the hopes he finds the girl who does not feel the same... this should have the tragedy tag tbh
he still has the super suspiciously aged halfling adventurer... :worry:

Dex-chan lover
that whole backstabbing kingdom just piss me off, glad to be done with it

Dex-chan lover
well... that's awkward...

She just eloped, and then the next morning everyone finds out the guy dumped her. Likely after "devouring" her, or so rumors will say. Either way it's going to be very awkward to tell her best friend and dad that the guy changed his mind all of a sudden :p

"Eva, I'm sorry, but I gotta go see the world!"
"I don't want you to go!"
"I gotta. But, if you ask, I'll pick you up whenever you want." - thing said to the girl who just asked to come with him who he denied
I was also a bit confused by this. Is she not literally saying that she wants that moment of being picked up, to be now? And even if she did agree on delaying it, just how is she going to communicate to him that she wants to be picked up, after he left the entire kingdom?

Double-page supporter
maxresdefault.jpg

Dex-chan lover
bruh I thought the shit's over after he defeated the margrave
That only stops people deploying military force against him in official capacity. We still have quite a few people who are very rich, very powerful, and very, very scared. They'll find other ways.

Dex-chan lover
Novel readers plz spoil me, will they ever meet again in better terms? :(

Dex-chan lover
She is 14...
And he's 10? (honestly no idea how old he is (and same for her), but all I can tell is that he looks way younger.

But either way, my point was about rumors, not about him actually doing it. We saw pretty clearly that he didn't.

Dex-chan lover
What unexpectedly sensible decision. I'm surprised people call it " abandoning her for no reason" when it's the only reasonable thing to do. She's completely unfit to travel with him. Furthermore it is absolutely true that she would never be safe and he'd have to constantly look after her.

Dex-chan lover
It actually happens a lot. The best way to shoe your respect to the author is to abandon the series!
Right, because the Mangaka and authors in Japan care what people outside of Japan who don't pay for their work think about their work.
Now, if it's simultaneously being translated and sold in your country, and you stop buying it... that would be a (slightly) different story.

And... If you were being sarcastic, I do apologize, it didn't quite read that way. Regardless the content of my comment still stands.

Users who are viewing this thread