Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Ch. 170 - Chita-san Wants to Eat Potteto

Dex-chan lover
This chapter at least pinpointed Chii's issues more clearly, instead of just portraying her as an annoying 3rd wheel.

I'm also guessing we need to buckle up for more of her chapters since the other 2 couples have formed and she's the only one left in her Level 1 arc. We started getting way fewer Anjou/Seto chapters after they got together, and I suspect we will also get fewer Toyoda/Inuyama ones for a while.

Dex-chan lover
Constant comment bitching aside...

I really am curious what the story with Chita is gonna be. Is she gay? Is she ace? Has she just literally never put much thought into anything other than food?

So far it really seems like she just doesn't want to be alone, regardless of who it is. Poor girl. Too relatable in that regard. Been down that road many times.

Dex-chan lover
Everytime she says NTR someone with a room temp IQ thinks she’s actually gay.
Did you see the way she grabbed that girl's chin (a total stranger, mind you) and got all close while calling her 'my dear pussycat' and 'little kitten'?

Not saying she's completely gay, but anyone who thinks she's straight at this point isn't paying attention. :ROFLMAO:

Also the 'Men are all jerks anyway' comment, along with the 'NTR' stuff, might be her joking around but, as the saying goes, a lot of truth is said in jest.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh, nice, a Chii chapter! Will people complain about it instead of talking about the actual chapter?

checks

...Yeah, no surprises here...

Dig aside, Anjou's face when Toyo confessed about her new boyfriend was pretty fun. Does she approve? I realise we never really saw her interact with Inuyama (maybe it's me who's forgot about it). What does she actually think about the guy? He's a friend of her boyfriend, but is that it?

And Chii's still afraid of being left alone. Ironicaly, it's probably on that point that Tokio could really shine.
Let's hope we'll se more progress of the two. Maybe it will go the green-eyed epiphany route for Chii?
Chii sympathiser, there’s like 10 of you. Please stop overanalyzing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Constant comment bitching aside...

I really am curious what the story with Chita is gonna be. Is she gay? Is she ace? Has she just literally never put much thought into anything other than food?

So far it really seems like she just doesn't want to be alone, regardless of who it is. Poor girl. Too relatable in that regard. Been down that road many times.
Honestly, I have to wonder how is it that the little foodie goblin turned out to be the one with the situational awareness of a houseplant??

Jokes aside, I think Tokio is beginning to realize that the foodie Goblin either can't or won't see him as anything romantic, which sucks for him, but it will give him the opportunity to pursue someone who appreciates him for who he is, not that he can be the Kobayashi to her Molly Schuyler...
(CONTEXT: Molly Schuyler is a professional competitive eater who has won the Annual Nathan's 4th of July hot dog eating contest at Coney Island)

Dex-chan lover
everyone is complaining about chita but she has the most room for development and, if the author does it right, it could be an extremely strong arc for this manga. im thinking itll be her seeing more and more how popular he is and realizing that what she did wasnt just because of food but because she felt something

Dex-chan lover
emotional damage from calling a teacher "mom" is immense.
when teacher trolls you about going to bathroom is also horrible.

wait a minute...this chapter will gather all potteto acolytes. It will become a crusade at this rate

Dex-chan lover
everyone is complaining about chita but she has the most room for development and, if the author does it right, it could be an extremely strong arc for this manga. im thinking itll be her seeing more and more how popular he is and realizing that what she did wasnt just because of food but because she felt something
She has the most room for development precisely for the reasons people complain about her for. That's not a good thing. We are 170 chapters in and she is fully established as a gimmick character; development now will be forced and frankly out of character considering how long we've known her for.

Not to mention, Tokio is also a dreary one-note character. He's only slightly less annoying than Chita due to being barely there. I think his character desperately needs development away from Chita, he seemingly exists in relation to her ingratitude towards him.

This chapter could have been an opportunity to give Chita a moment of seriousness and self-reflection, instead she learns nothing other than "Tokio might also have a life outside of me", which is a level of awareness one usually attains before attending school. Meanwhile Tokio just has his pitiful nose rubbed in his unrequited infatuation... Again.

I'm not asking for high culture here, my standards are not high, but this was a waste of a chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Did you see the way she grabbed that girl's chin (a total stranger, mind you) and got all close while calling her 'my dear pussycat' and 'little kitten'?

Not saying she's completely gay, but anyone who thinks she's straight at this point isn't paying attention. :ROFLMAO:

Also the 'Men are all jerks anyway' comment, along with the 'NTR' stuff, might be her joking around but, as the saying goes, a lot of truth is said in jest.
Found them! :lul:

Users who are viewing this thread