S-Class Hunter Doesn't Want to Be a Villainous Princess - Ch. 38

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes, I do wonder why the system asks mc to raise Renee's standing when the "author" wrote her to be the hated villainess that gets badmouthed every second....but also asks mc to "keep to the story", meaning mc can't just bitchslap all these mfs

You're wrong actually.

Took me some digging but back in ch 21 when Renee sums up the content of the novel's vol 1:
Most of the things in the book she's found out already (Isir and Lian were politically engaged, Lian and Renee were friends, Renee was basically played into being the villain)

And more importantly BOTH Lian AND Renee are protagonists of the novel (well, Yiyoung too but she's in denial about that bit)

So even in the OG story Renee was pretty standard misunderstood/neglected OI FL.
Which means fixing her reputation is within the standard plot development of villainess reincarnation story.

On the chapter:
The dad already jumped, he jumped off Renee boat.
So let him swim with the sharks.

Dex-chan lover
I really hope we get the guy piss his pants!
Like what's his deal just refusing even to back down with the insults and backhanded comments.

Really don't want for this to be interrupted prematurely by someone intentionally or otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
On the chapter:
Yep, just like the team said, he lost his cool parkour privelages.

He won the privelages of fumbling with every move he takes before face planting to various degrees of depth.

This latest one would probably make him buried face first until his feet if he keeps trying.

Dex-chan lover
You're wrong actually.

Took me some digging but back in ch 21 when Renee sums up the content of the novel's vol 1:
Most of the things in the book she's found out already (Isir and Lian were politically engaged, Lian and Renee were friends, Renee was basically played into being the villain)

And more importantly BOTH Lian AND Renee are protagonists of the novel (well, Yiyoung too but she's in denial about that bit)

So even in the OG story Renee was pretty standard misunderstood/neglected OI FL.
Which means fixing her reputation is within the standard plot development of villainess reincarnation story.

On the chapter:
Yes, I do remember that OG Renee is just putting on a "show" because she was already looked down from being "Marcias' 'disgrace'".
Still, it shouldn't change the fact that, for what we know at this point, the author specifically wanted Renee's character to be the hated one (at least by the other characters). Yet the system wants the opposite....like it is for every story where the villainess is one of the main characters (we can look at a lot of stories, the genre is growing, almost booming).

Anyways...yeah, they'll all get what they deserve...still, it kinda pisses me off that a piss-poor nobody of a knight talks like that to the noble he should protect, or that failure of a father who is actually a "failure" of a swordman too since he's below the prince, the "commoner" and his son...and he still acts mighty lol

I sincerely hope she teaches them a lesson and it's not some sort of cop-out where she's stopped from displaying her prowess.

Dex-chan lover
Still, it shouldn't change the fact that, for what we know at this point, the author specifically wanted Renee's character to be the hated one (at least by the other characters). Yet the system wants the opposite....like it is for every story where the villainess is one of the main characters (we can look at a lot of stories, the genre is growing, almost booming).

The author clearly didn't intend to leave Renee forever the hated one, she's one of the protagonists for a reason.
This IS the part her reputation is supposed to improve per the standard plot progression.

Before the takeover point Renee was the misunderstood villainess.
After Yiyoung take over is the improving of reputation via Yiyoung's powers.

So no, the system isn't wanting 'the opposite'.

Dex-chan lover
IMG_20240508_081258.jpg

oh no...
2145a96a-d37b-418e-b7bb-f8d85a6eee9b.PNG

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad Yiyoung is snapping. About time. The system isn't forcing her to keep everything secret. The stakes increased now that we know the system can reinterpret rules. Now that she feels affection, it's adjusting the usual blackmail to prop up the petty prince. It's more obvious Renee tried to get agency, and the men around her were spiteful and engineered her dependency. It's a good time to exercise some rage and break the old duke's reputation.

At this point it's hard to imagine Yiyoung surviving the system without either being a puppet or bending the logic. The first could get her and the novel character killed, judging by how the system can twist things. And it's a bit too convenient for her to break the logic without nudges from outside system control. Sedin and Seductive Gramps I guess considering Yiyoung is being railroaded.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread