Dame Skill [Auto Mode] ga Kakuseishimashita ~Are, Guild no Scout-san, Ore wo "Iranai"-tte Itte Masendeshita?~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Back to The Adventurer…

Dex-chan lover
I really hate this, just go sell your stuff somewhere else. They're ripping you off and even telling what it's actually worth.
It's one thing when it's common mats so sell at a lower rate because they have to the supply chain, but he keeps bringing ultra rare stuff that they're openly scamming him for when he could go literally anywhere else for 10x the price.

Dex-chan lover
Bro.. what? from 600 to 1000 or 10000, then she just gave him 100? "We're not swindling you" what?????

Okay, this is starting to really annoy me.

Dex-chan lover
Why build it up so much and then offer 100g? His IQ must be in the single digits, because he accepted that. He accepted it even after hearing it was at the level of a national treasure. Some kind of auction house trying to rip him off would have given him more. And on top that, why does he think it's all or nothing on the gold coins vs magic stones? 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The phrasing and outcome of the trade discussion (p14~16) are weird. Maybe it's a translation issue, and the idea is supposed to be that a crafted staff is sold for 1000-10000g (what a price range), but that that involves tons of steps incl. the cost for the raw gem, other materials, and various tasks by top-level craftsmen?

Anyway, terms like "retail price" and "wholesale price" seem bizarre in a discussion of one-of-a-kind items, and I wonder if this weirdness is already present in the original text. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised either way - most authors aren't particularly economically literate.

Dex-chan lover
I shall make the movie promo, here.

IN A WORLD...

... where shitbag bosses get angry for you doing your job...

... one dipshit who has shit for brains will try...

... to be ashamed for doing his job, while avoiding using any useful skill...

Every Japanese trope that makes no sense will come to life!

Double-page supporter
"You aren't getting swindled". Hell nah, he's straight up having his hair pulled out and sold out back to him then slapped across the face like a silly goose then made to write a waver saying he is willingly selling that gem for the price they offer O_O

Double-page supporter
soooo... why are they mad at him every time he brings in rare materials?

isn't it good for the guild to have?

Dex-chan lover
Bruh they are stright up ripping him off I mean i may not be good at math but those whole sale price are poo poo
I mean, would you buy a freshly mined gold ore with the price of a 24 Karat minted gold of the same weight? Probably not right. It is one thing if he quality check it first and sell it to auction, but that is his choice to sell it at base price for raw material.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, would you buy a freshly mined gold ore with the price of a 24 Karat minted gold of the same weight? Probably not right. It is one thing if he quality check it first and sell it to auction, but that is his choice to sell it at base price for raw material.
That...is a VERY bad analogy.
Gold can be found relatively easy.

The MC found an one of a kind raw material, something that as the guild master put it, can be considered a national treasure. Based solely on its rarity the MC should have been set for life.

In this case we are also speaking of raw material at a size that can produce weapons litteraly only seen in legend.
So yeah he got scammed big time,and it wasn't really his choice, the guild master outright coerced him, by falsely giving him only two options, sell it to the guild for pocket change or for commonly found monster stones.
Completely forgoing other options, such as selling it in auction for example.

Because people would fought and spend millions of coins to have such a unique raw material in their hands.

Users who are viewing this thread