Watashitachi wa Moto Joshi desu - Ch. 10

Fed-Kun's army
I don't get the logic. Why wouldn't she want to do the surgery for herself? Did the girl always had some form of dysmorphia and is struggling with the concept of changing sex? Or is she also afraid of the whole surgery and hormonal therapy since it can be very invasive?
it is more that she is trying to get her to understand how massive a decision for gender reassignment would be for her body, and how she wouldn't have kids in ANY sort of way due to that. The body structure and changes esp made. She use to have the biological thing and function, and now doesn't. It is all going to seem not real in a way. She didn't say no, but to take more time and understand it is going to be harder to be seen as a women now that the disorder already happened.

Power Uploader
Did you miss the part where she was pulling out the "you'll never be a real woman" lines?
She didn't use the word "real". She just said that it's not really going back. She wouldn't "turn back in to a woman". She was able to give birth, but there's no going back to that, is there? Even with surgery.

Which is a normal take in the context of that fictional disorder. How is that "transphobic"?

People are so quick to label anything transphobic.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get the logic. Why wouldn't she want to do the surgery for herself? Did the girl always had some form of dysmorphia and is struggling with the concept of changing sex? Or is she also afraid of the whole surgery and hormonal therapy since it can be very invasive?
Because Rinko's answer to that is neither yes or no. She didn't think of who she's really doing it for, and what kind of future she will have with either choice.

FearlessDawg's reply points it out. Rinko is desperate.
When she turns into a male all the sudden without ever wanting it, her world falls apart. Right now, she only cling on to the hope that if she become a woman again, the feeling of certainty about her life will return. So it's not just she want to be a woman, she think she need to be a woman.
And of course, when mom bluffed about doing it for a guy, she can't say no with certainty.

Other thing is as her mother said, she know what it is to be a woman before the change.
The gender change surgery will not be the same, and she will not get what she wanted: the feeling that this whole gender change syndrome is just a nightmare that will disappear like it never happened. She need to realise that, and think again if she can accept that compromise.

If Rinko can answer yes with certainty, and accept the consequences, her mom would accept her choice.

Dex-chan lover
for someone who hear about this disorder and so sock, doesn't she way to knowledgeable and have better hind sidge than both of them, and even understand what the "changed back to girl" is the real world way and not some magical fiction way.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
for someone who hear about this disorder and so sock, doesn't she way to knowledgeable and have better hinsidge than both of them, and even understand what the "changed back to girl" is
She knows the disease. It's common enough for people to have heard about it.
She doesn't know her daughter got it, because her husband don't know how to break out the news.

Dex-chan lover
If Rinko can answer yes with certainty, and accept the consequences, her mom would accept her choice.
So it's more like because she knows how she lived before, she can go the whole process with unrealistic expectations and that could cause immense distress if she's not ready?

Double-page supporter
She wants to do this for her crush not herself

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Because Rinko's answer to that is neither yes or no. She didn't think of who she's really doing it for, and what kind of future she will have with either choice.

FearlessDawg's reply points it out. Rinko is desperate.
When she turns into a male all the sudden without ever wanting it, her world falls apart. Right now, she only cling on to the hope that if she become a woman again, the feeling of certainty about her life will return. So it's not just she want to be a woman, she think she need to be a woman.
And of course, when mom bluffed about doing it for a guy, she can't say no with certainty.

Other thing is as her mother said, she know what it is to be a woman before the change.
The gender change surgery will not be the same, and she will not get what she wanted: the feeling that this whole gender change syndrome is just a nightmare that will disappear like it never happened. She need to realise that, and think again if she can accept that compromise.

EXACTLY, the second side is her POSSIBLY getting gender dysphoria due to it, although it is so early in her life still that when it goes away it won't be there at all. HRT and gender reassignment is a LAST RESORT.

Dex-chan lover
And her wanting to become a woman again means it can't just stop at hormone therapy. She will have to go with the surgery too.

So it's more like because she knows how she lived before, she can go the whole process with unrealistic expectations and that could cause immense distress if she's not ready?
Yes. She's pointing out Rinko is not making an informed decision here.
What Rinko wants from the gender reassignment is not merely to be a woman, she thought it can undo everything that has happened to her.

Dex-chan lover
I know even bringing up this topic can upset some people and there's a good chance I will regret openly talking about this even though I am not looking to offend anyone...

But we have statistics of people that get gender reassignment surgery in our world. And they unfortunately have some of the highest suicide rates among any demographic that is statistically tracked. As harsh as it is, medical science is not there yet to deliver what they are expecting and hoping for... and likely won't for many years. And adding onto that conflicted disappointment on top everything and it does not bode well for many. We're doing things in a roundabout way both physically and mentally for the patient in this case and with technology that just doesn't allow what what most people in that situation would consider successful or viable transitions. And, once it's done, it can't be undone. Also, the mental health angle? They don't get adequate support there, either, and the medical community is just now coming to terms with addressing it and often it's found lacking.

I debated whether to say this last part, because openly talking about this even if you're attempting to be respectful often gets taken the wrong way, but... I think that in the years to come a lot of this is going to be looked back upon like how the medical community approached mental health in the past and how lobotomies were sanctioned and used. Far too few in the medical community are asking if we are not doing harm by attempting to help the person in these circumstances by what we are doing.

Again, that isn't the patient/individual's fault nor does it trivialize their own personal tribulations and struggles.

Dex-chan lover
Edit: My problem is the instantaneity. The "Sex Change Disorder" is instantaneous while the treatment is based in IRL. It would be more believable to me if the "Sex Change Disorder" was something gradual where changes happen over time.

Yeah, you’d think they would have SOME amount of research into how the body flips gender apparently while you sleep if not being able to induce it to an extent.

I almost wish at this point this was a fantasy story in order to suspend disbelief enough that the author could just cook instead of trying to weave this story with little to no world building.

Dex-chan lover
While I disagree with the mother's refusal for hormonal therapy, I don't disagree with her about Rinko's ulterior motives for it. It should be something YOU decided for your own reason, not for another person's benefit or desires, just as much as it would be for parent who forces their kid to act a certain way which kinda ironic considering Rinko's memory of their mother.

Dex-chan lover
your mother's also...

also what?! also had this gender change?

if for the sake of the story and if I ship her with that female senpai, I'd be happy with this. her mother also has a point of doing it for herself but I think she's forgetting how she's always been a female and thought straight. why would she ever want to be male?

for the sake of her not getting confused and forgetting both her identity and body, she needs this ASAP before she completely turns into a male.

I'm using her/she pronoun cause I believe rinko identifies as a girl I hope no one comes at me on that.

Oh thank goodness she's not another anime drama-parents.

Would the dysphoria still kicks in despite her being a former woman?

We still have no clue why nor how this happen, and whether if this switch can happen several times or one time only.
Specifically because she was a woman is exactly why the dysphoria would kick in. Literally your body was changed and taken away from you and whatever you are in is not where you want to be, I cannot imagine a worst feeling honestly. It's why I stay away from genderbender stories and I thought this one would be better.

There's no reason not to start hormones asap, and her description of gender change is pretty disgusting tbf.

Users who are viewing this thread