Genkaigoe no Skill wa, Tenseisha ni Shika Atsukaenai - Over Limit Skill Holder - Ch. 23 - True malice is only found in those you care for - 3

Fed-Kun's army
Making this an isekai was completely unnecessary, that fact was never important to the story.
It so far is the reason he can use the weird skill orb he has and his outlook that differs from the norm of the setting, but yeah, not much else.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry lady Eva Reiji is 2edgy4u and needs to go lone wolf again because no one can understand his complex angsty feelings.

Dex-chan lover
Nooo! Not the loli! And you want to say that next time we see her she will be a grown up? Disgusting.

Contributor
this, pretty much resetted the story.
"The hero again traverses the threshold between the worlds, returning to the ordinary world with the treasure or elixir he gained, which he may now use for the benefit of his fellow man. The hero himself is transformed by the adventure and gains wisdom or spiritual power over both worlds.”

Dex-chan lover
If I had a nickel for every time an isekai protagonist abandoned a love interest for absolutely no reason, I'd have two nickels.
So you've read like three manga then?

Edit: even harems have that one childhood friend, the MC's one true love, that kicks the story off by dumping MC.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't remember the novel too well, but i don't think he explained his reasons enough here.

It's so lacking, it genuinely came across as the author just wanting a clean slate to write the new scenario with, with no "extra baggage".

I was thinking he'd bring her along out of the mansion as a fake hostage, turned out he wanted to give her a choice of how to live her life. But how fickle is this guy? Proposing a new life of personal freedom, where she'd have to throw away her privilige and leave her family home is obviously asking for a lot of soul-searching and heavy decisions for a kid. Then an hour later you'll be like, "sorry, changed my mind, I'm going solo plus think about your dad, bye!" ? I suppose that indecision is real in a way and something he mentioned previously that he wanted to overcome. It's for the best for both of them, for sure, but damn. I would guess there was more padding to this in the LN?
Fantastic series so far, regardless. Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
She is 14...
so? you are looking at this from modern cultures viewpoint in our universe, in the series universe they are both considered old enough for that stuff, its commonplace in most Isekai series for 13-15 to be considered coming of age into adulthood.

Dex-chan lover
No hierarchy.....

We're talking about Japan, right? :rolleyes:
Pull the other one. It's got bells on.....

Dex-chan lover
What unexpectedly sensible decision. I'm surprised people call it " abandoning her for no reason" when it's the only reasonable thing to do. She's completely unfit to travel with him. Furthermore it is absolutely true that she would never be safe and he'd have to constantly look after her.
The problem is not leaving her at home, it's telling her she could come only to drop her 12 hours later...

Dex-chan lover
Making this an isekai was completely unnecessary, that fact was never important to the story.
I've read a lot of fantasy, with and without isekai, which has given me the insight as to what purpose the whole "past life memories of another world" purpose serves: it's to give the protagonist a more "modern" outlook in live without the trappings that the natives are saddled with.

It helps align their moral compass to something the readers can more easily sympathize with and let's them become visionaires rather than be trapped by the "common sense" of the world they were reborn into; they see what it could be and what it should be rather than be content and conform to what it currently is.

Hell, this entire story would be very different if the MC wasn't from the modern world since him being from japan (or tbf any other civilized country) was what helped him call the "evil dark hair" bullshit for what it is, otherwise he might have believed it and/or would have become the monster they keep saying he will be.

Contributor
I've read a lot of fantasy, with and without isekai, which has given me the insight as to what purpose the whole "past life memories of another world" purpose serves: it's to give the protagonist a more "modern" outlook in live without the trappings that the natives are saddled with.

It helps align their moral compass to something the readers can more easily sympathize with and let's them become visionaires rather than be trapped by the "common sense" of the world they were reborn into; they see what it could be and what it should be rather than be content and conform to what it currently is.

Hell, this entire story would be very different if the MC wasn't from the modern world since him being from japan (or tbf any other civilized country) was what helped him call the "evil dark hair" bullshit for what it is, otherwise he might have believed it and/or would have become the monster they keep saying he will be.
at what point did he apply a modern world belief in anything he did? everything he has done up until now could be seen as innocence of a child.

Dex-chan lover
at what point did he apply a modern world belief in anything he did? everything he has done up until now could be seen as innocence of a child.
A child would have taken the "black hair is evil" as truth and believed it since they don't know better, but an otherworlder will see it as the idiotic superstition that it is.

Contributor
A child would have taken the "black hair is evil" as truth and believed it since they don't know better, but an otherworlder will see it as the idiotic superstition that it is.
That's your personal assumption of his view.

Users who are viewing this thread