Only I Know the World Is Ending And Getting Killed by Rampaging Beasts Only Makes Me Stronger - Ch. 52

Dex-chan lover
Ichijo does boss runs.
powers up.
going by previous power levels, attack powe should be wayy more higher than any other characters.
still doesn't effect fat monke.
activate buff, attacks start working.
stuff happens and Ichijo still gets wrecked
Nao shows up, her attacks works on beeg monka.
doesn't make sense, but maybe it's just kinda like status affliction and no damage.
another character shows up and knocks down massive baboon.

Feels like progression is fucked in favor of plot points needing to happen.

Dex-chan lover
Likewise, I think I'm dropping. This series is filled with cliches, which aren't inherently bad, but man the writer just cannot deliver anything of emotional impact.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for chap
Yeah sure a support job got an op tanker skill when she's lower level than mc?

I won't drop but I'll definitely say the story lost the serious and rushed vibe it created in first few chaps

Superb example of the indomitable human spirit, no amount of foreign invaders can break the will of a human (they don't know adrenaline)

I like this manga, I just hate the “friendship” aspect. Would have preferred an OP MC or maybe something balanced? Dude power levelled and can’t do much against the monkey yet the woman can smack that monkey? Hell nah bro, this is bullshit used to promote friendship and shit.

Dex-chan lover
I think yall are too exhausted from this story. I chose to take it as: the mc weakened the boss, cutting it in half is no small feat and requires a lot of energy to come back from. It's not that the MC is weaker than the crafter, it's that fighting a raid-boss alone is crazy.
The crafter came up with a giant golem and smacked the boss away, she didn't one-shot it. They're going to defeat it together.

The whole point of this arc is to show that they cannot win alone, no matter how much of a singularity any one of them is...So I don't really get the complaints about the power levels.

Dex-chan lover
It's friendship power all over again smh. I'd rather the MC goes suicide with every type of monster he encounter untill he receives the mission for all of them. That'd be more interesting than this cliché.

Dex-chan lover
I think yall are too exhausted from this story. I chose to take it as: the mc weakened the boss, cutting it in half is no small feat and requires a lot of energy to come back from. It's not that the MC is weaker than the crafter, it's that fighting a raid-boss alone is crazy.
The crafter came up with a giant golem and smacked the boss away, she didn't one-shot it. They're going to defeat it together.

The whole point of this arc is to show that they cannot win alone, no matter how much of a singularity any one of them is...So I don't really get the complaints about the power levels.
fucking thank you. i cant believe how many people have been so dumbed down by isekai power fantasy garbage that they can't see good story telling when it shows up.

Dex-chan lover
It's friendship power all over again smh. I'd rather the MC goes suicide with every type of monster he encounter untill he receives the mission for all of them. That'd be more interesting than this cliché.
do you mean teamwork? Do you mean Partying like we see in alot of adventuring manga? it's not a new concept my dude, and its not "power of friendship" garbage like fairy tail or one piece or naruto. it's working together to overcome a threat that can't be beat alone, you know the entire reason humanity started society to begin with?

Dex-chan lover
do you mean teamwork? Do you mean Partying like we see in alot of adventuring manga? it's not a new concept my dude, and its not "power of friendship" garbage like fairy tail or one piece or naruto. it's working together to overcome a threat that can't be beat alone, you know the entire reason humanity started society to begin with?
No, the friendship power I'm talking about is when Kashiwaba stand up and rush to where the fighting is, while just moments prior she's as good as dead. Sure there reasonable explanations like adrenaline rush or whatever but this trope is so over-repeated.
And this is fiction so might as well skip your humanity idea, I read to entertain, not to do a philosophy battle.

Dex-chan lover
No, the friendship power I'm talking about is when Kashiwaba stand up and rush to where the fighting is, while just moments prior she's as good as dead. Sure there reasonable explanations like adrenaline rush or whatever but this trope is so over-repeated.
And this is fiction so might as well skip your humanity idea, I read to entertain, not to do a philosophy battle.
reading the wrong manga since this entire manga touches on what makes humanity work and all that. I read the official release which is very far ahead of this, it is very much touching on some pretty heavy philosophical shit on at what point does a person stop being a person and why does humanity deserve to continue.

Dex-chan lover
Ive become tired of manga where there is only one protagonist who's actions mean anything so Im alright with the main sharing some of the glory.

Users who are viewing this thread