1/11 - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Wakamiya Shiki

Dex-chan lover
“American Soccer league”

“A mountain near the Philadelphia Airport”

What is this author even saying right now?

It's sad they didn't get to reconnect before the accident. Seems like he could've learned a lot from her and Shiki could've got on another plane. ?

This is how you write a first chapter. So many authors focus on tropey trash over substance, how many first chaps have been written about how some dude found himself living with a bunch of girls? Or how he almost died and in order to save him they had to transform him and now he has to work for a secret organization? Or a visit from Truck-kun?

This has a great intro, great hook, good characterization, a twist, and some tears at the end.

I disagree on this being good. It leaves me feeling like what the actual fuck. A first chapter sets not only the mood but also the literal physics of the story. Are we going to be having visits from the deceased again in the future? I'm going to have to bet no because the physics don't mesh with the mood (effort in the soccer playing). So that means we'll likely never really see this kind of ghost thing ever again. So...it was literally a throw-away thing to just bait you in and then never mention again. Maybe we'll see it happen one more time. I can't imagine it being frequent.

Dex-chan lover
You know going from Japan to fcking America is barely an upgrade for football

I believe US women's national football team has always been one of the best team in the world, so going to America would be a best option for her

So their middle school doesn't have a coach?? Any half-decent coach will be able to teach him to play as team, not as an individual.

Users who are viewing this thread