100 Ghost Stories to Die For - Ch. 85 - Being Held

Dex-chan lover
Wow, this one really subverted my expectations.

I thought for sure she'd be flung onto the tracks from trying to pull him so hard and either losing her grip or him (deliberately or accidentally) shaking her off to meet the same fate.

Dex-chan lover
The story this time falls to dark humor. The protag's not dead, the ghost is not evil. "It's a misunderstanding hahahahahaha" with no one laughing. Interesting bit.

In the other hand, that shadowy figure....

So was he a ghost or not? The dialogue and twist seem to imply he wasn't a ghost at all. I didn't kill myself, which also means he didn't die at all. It seems to me the implication was the incident injured him in some way and her pulling at him caused him reopen his wounds. I know how unrealistic it is but the last line about her being wrong about everything reinforces the fact he was never dead to begin with, she just assumed he was. I like this one more than most.

That felt a lot like a Hina story, like Yuuma was trying to emulate her style but he just couldn't land a nice ending

Also in both this and the last chapter "Ceiling Hina" makes a move when the clock ticks from 11:59 to 12:00

Users who are viewing this thread