Dex-chan lover
Hypocrisy to the max. Whatever he did to his forearms is already considered a technique.

Staff
Super Moderator
>Toa get's a flashback
That's a flag against him D:

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, Julius really is just going to brute force it like he said.

That said, you can see that Julius was hit on his upper chest and head (maily forehead too since he was mostly tucking his jaw in his neck to absorb the impacts), whereas Toa was hit in his gut on the sides, and I would say that it's much smarter to hit like Julius did than like Toa did. Even at the start of the fight, Toa's strikes didn't seem very impressive (to be fair, I'm comparing him to monster strikers, and Toa specializes in counters). He is mostly just slapping his opponent. Toa really manhandled Julius though and brought him down easily to mount him, and usually mounting someone is game over. I expect that with his size, Toa probably doesn't need much technique at that point and doesn't bother grappling (and to be fair, I'm not sure which grappler could actually do anything with Julius' muscles), which unfortunately are costing him against the muscle brain that is Julius. His muscles are magic. (I mean he raised his hips and also punched with both arms? How was that enough to make Toa fly? In that position the only muscle that can be used to punch is the chest and maybe the biceps if he was bringing his forearms up to punch, but it didn't look like he was doing that. The forearm muscles are for the hand grip. Maybe he rotated his hands while punching? I think he's just flexing while Toa is giving us a pose similar to the thinking man while he's pondering wtf just happened. )

Now let's see, in the first round, we saw Gaolang get overwhelmed, then show his stuff and overwhelm his opponent, then lose due to going out of bound first.
In the second round, we saw Rihito get overwhelmed, then show off his razor's edge, pressuring his opponent, but still lose due to the poison taking effect.
In the third round, we are seeing Julius get overwhelmed by his opponent's technique, and now he's showing off his overwhelming muscle power, so does Toa have any plan to win? How will Toa struggle now that he's in a pickle with his internal organs clearly damaged. Maybe he dies and Julius ends up disqualified because he killed his opponent?

Dex-chan lover
Perhaps Julius copied Wakatsuki's blast core? But due to the size of his muscles, he only needs to use the arms.

Dex-chan lover
Literally “my muscles also have muscles”. That’s like 64 times the amount of fibers a forearm should have Julius

Isn't this basically what happened with Ippo way back when he lightly tapped the guy's stomach for a while until the damage took effect?

Users who are viewing this thread