Dex-chan lover
This series is licensed on the pocket comics app as Empress Cecia Wears Knickerbockers. It's actually farther than the fan TL, ch 20 just released today. Ch 1 -7 are free. Idk how to add links tho...

I like Lester a looooot but it seems like redhead dude is endgame (if there is a romantic endgame) 😩

Tbh I think I'd prefer she run away with lesta bc the palace seems toxic af LOL

Oh gosh. This was so damn nerve wracking. I almost cried because the whole situation felt so suffocating

The mess FL is in is so frustrating ugh, and it's even due to her goodwill to SAVE someone. There are actually quite many real-life legal cases similar to this too that the involved good samaritans are sued for attempting to help/save people and lose the case, such things are really discouraging and disheartening that it's like people are better and wiser to just mind their own business and don't help strangers even if they can. Regardless, I think even without this mini drama, FL would get into messes anyway because politics do be ugly and dirty usually and her being a young commoner getting a chance to work closely for the queen is an eyesore/obstacle/etc for some nobles and people, and so such a drama is quite inevitable as part of her story/journey to gain a firm position in the palace...

I like that the Queen took the fact that one of her staff might have been sexually assaulted seriously and didn’t just brush it off. I know it’s not exactly fair to Yuri, she was trying to help the scribe, who didn’t look like she was going to die from what I can glean, but perhaps she should have done as they had told her and looked for someone to help. I know what I say will annoy a lot of the people who disagree but the author made a point to show the competing viewpoints and rationales of characters like the scribe, the Queen, and Ennon. Even Lester made a gentle point that what Yuri did was not the correct choice.

I’ve got respect for this series in that its characters aren’t black and white and that Yuri isn’t always right. Usually these isekai series will have the lead wowing the ‘savages’ with their superior knowledge and insight. But from the earliest chapter when she was negotiating with Lester, Yuri made mistakes and had to learn and adjust.

I don’t know if it’s intentional, probably accidental, but it feels like there is a point about cultural awareness in there too. Having to learn to adjust to another culture’s values and norms so you don’t accidentally insult or humiliate someone even if you believe you’re right

I really appreciate this series for treating things with greater dexterity and sensitivity than other webtoons would. My thoughts on this series are still in flux and might change with time, but I’m open to changing my mind :)

I like the parallel tho.

Yuri didn't think things through and now the rumours have spread so to people she's a sexual predator.
Even though we know she's not.

Because of the Queen's demands Yuri now has a bad impression of her and thinks she's a bad queen.
Even though we know she's not.

First impressions matter a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread