I really don’t get the idea of leeching or sniping. They didn’t steal any work, did they? I mean if they’re from the same work literally stealing their progress it makes sense but 2-3 months as a buffer is kind of long isn’t it? Plus monopolizing on projects leads to these long pauses, makes sense that there would be healthy competition and fans with preferences over just threatening people to stop translating? I don’t really get it though but I’m kind of new to this stuff too so I probably sound ignorant 🤷

Contributor
It's always the same, a scangroup dropping a serie for months or more, a good guy/group tzking pver the manga TL, then the original scangroup release x chapters at once to not "loose the right" of the manga.

Meh .

They haven't posted ANYTHING in several months. Regardless of what they say they dropped this. Keep posting.

Dex-chan lover
If you like the series and want to work on it, do it. Who cares about groups working on stuff, just do it. If you don’t for your own wish, that is fine too. But, no group has exclusive rights to any series. And no more bitching allowed, imo, about “exclusive rights to translate”

Three months is a long time. I’m surprised they’re insistent on finishing this season.

I will never understand why its such a problem when two groups translate the same work. Especially in this situation where the group didnt do anything for months. Its quite selfish to put a work on hold for months and then make other groups stop translating it too. You look like children who dont want other kids playing with your toys.

How dare you unofficially translate the work when they already claim the right to be the sole unofficial translators. (/s)

On a real note, I don't understand the problem? Isn't the point of mangadex that no one gets paid for it, either through subscriptions or ads? Is it literally just a pride thing?

PS: Thank you for the translation, you had brightened my day when I saw the update ♡

If you like the series and want to work on it, do it. Who cares about groups working on stuff, just so it. If you don’t for your own wish, that is fine too. But, no group has exclusive rights to any series. And no more bitching allowed, imo, about “exclusive rights to translate”

@TheGodEmperor
I don't even understand the "exclusive rights to translate" when they're all illegally doing it. I'm honestly confused when they act like they paid for legal rights to translate a series.

I agree with everyone else, though I get why scan groups don't want to work on a manga that's being translated by someone else. Thank you for your hard work!!

Aw shucks. I really liked that you posted chapters and it's frequently updated. The translation is also good. 3 months without an update is considered dropped. What you're doing isn't sniping.

Dex-chan lover
@shiho Yep.... it's really kinda annoying. I am grateful towards any one person or group that'll translate, but no one gets exclusive rights to anything unless they have an actual contractual deal with the IP owner(s). There are many groups I like, full of good people, but I would never defend them and their "exclusive rights" to a translate anything they do.

The only time I might defend against another translating is if that person is ONLY translating to "attack" the other group. Some petty person that is only "sniping" to steal from/piss off the group and not actually trying to translate just cause they like they series (I've only seen this happen ONCE in the years I've been here lol)

no way- don't post for months and start being noisy now when someone is helping is too much- thank you for your work.

Users who are viewing this thread