Dex-chan lover
Looks like the current translator took some liberties in translating the names of non-important characters. It'd be great if that was what their names actually translated to in English, but I doubt an angel, even ones like Raphie and Gab, would call a passersby 'Simp-san'.

Dex-chan lover
One of my favorite chapters, not only is rare for Raphi to get the POV but to see her embarrassed and by Gab of all people... that was such a nice change! thank you

Dex-chan lover
Probably onii-san. Translating it to simp-san really takes the translation quality down, even if it's one word.

"Simp-san"

If that isn't a good enough reason to just read the official translations, I don't know what is.

Why is Gab playing mhw instead of mhw iceborne? Who knows maybe we'll never know

Group Leader
@Saloria_Stralli @Madcat6204 @Xystus
She is only murmuring a "Umm... "
Cmonbruh.

It's a fan translation, I'm allowed to have a little bit of fun on bubbles that don't really contribute towards anything. And if you really don't want small painless jokes, go read the official thing, I'm doing this for free.

@SuperOniichan I know, right. It's even a bubble where she is just thinking of what to say, she really doesn't call him anything AT ALL. It was a remnant of a joke I made with these few panels and sent to a friend for amusement, if I actually showed the joke I would probably get stoned to death, gee. I think people would trust that I wouldn't mistranslate or mistype anything of relevance, but here we are.

Dex-chan lover
@Alexanpt Huh, I even understand you a little. In the Russian language there is a lot of freedom to use names and their variations, so people constantly fight over this. The Russian localization of the early KyoAni even became a meme because of this, as the translators used the features of Russian colloquial speech too freely.

Dex-chan lover
I remember this exact chapter being translated before since it's pretty much the only chapter where Vignette gets "punished" by Raphiel along with Satanichia (with the caveat that Vigne was only doing what Raph told her to do in the first place), but I guess it must have been hosted elsewhere.

Group Leader
@SuperOniichan Welp, 'tis what it is. I guess I am to be blamed, I accept it. I will re-edit the release without the "Simp-san" translation and just the "Umm... " I just, thought no one would ever care about that. Seriously.

Edit: Updated with great success! She no longer says the S word!!!

Users who are viewing this thread