Dex-chan lover
@juances19 How so? Each route can be an ending on it's own. Heck, it's even called "6/5" meaning this is it's own alternative ending. I mean, what's wrong with picking your own ending? I feel like that's just a win.

And you realize that each route was literally it's own volume. Meaning you, the reader can pick which one you want as a final volume.

And each ending was actually done well. Each route had a proper ending. And the final 6/5 is basically just taking the route of a VN, where it's possible to pick one girl, or end up with all the girls. That's a very common trope in these. But to readers that like the classic open harem ending, they have that too.

Just came to say that it's been a very wild ride and I appreciate the mangaka for providing every possible route to appease all the fans. Not that it matters since every opinion matters equally but a wise man once said: If you ain't first, you're last. That is all.

Dex-chan lover
I really like how the author went for this kind of approach to end his story. I mean, isn't the point of having a harem is to give each heroines "equal" happiness? In my humblest opinion, harem stories that didn't have Golden Route or this VN-esque's kind of ending are NOT true harem story, but fakes with a guise of "harem" trope.

People don't need to be upset about this. Rather than taking it seriously as a "route", it's just an opportunity to have all the heroines back as equals so that the readers can see them one last time.

@juances19

I don't think this chapter was supposed to imply the previous routes were a dream. It felt more like this chapter was yet another route (6/5) where he currently ends up with no one yet has the potential to end up with anyone. The girls were just seeing visions of their own successful routes, which in turn gives them hope for the future while also giving the reader a short recap on each of the girl's routes. It was essentially a "you, the reader, decide which route is the true route" type ending.

The very fact that everyone gets a canon route puts this manga way above the rest. It was a wild ride and I’m sad it’s over now.

Double-page supporter
I have to say, that I do like to see the various endings, since people can choose which ending is their favorite, and I do like the endings when they all are together. I'm not sure if I would have wanted ending 6 show a future ending with all of them or keep with the vague all of them ending like it is, but I'm rather confused since it looks like 8 people wound up holding him during the fireworks event.

Author is a man of culture, part of the golden generation of Harem author with actual backbone, invest and treat his heroine as characters and not just a convenient plot and a a cookie cutter fan service tool.

It's about time this Genre get away from Rumiko's bad influence and Jump crappy Editors.

Okay so can someone explain the 2 children that look like nariyuki and mafuyu sensei I'm confused at that part.

Double-page supporter
Not gonna lie, Senpai's route is the best route. The fanservice and the development story is presented equally. Even senpai's dad has approved their relationship far before the other heroines parents do that.

Are people actually pissed that we didn't get a cop out ending where one girl was chosen?
The whole series put the characters in spotlight equally. There was no love interest that was obviously coming for the true end, as is usually the case with harem manga stories.
All girls got to shine and had a lot of time with the MC. It's only fitting that they all got their own ending instead of just one being chosen.
Looking forward to whatever the author does next, I really liked this series from beginning to end.

Users who are viewing this thread