Dex-chan lover
@Onsokumaru
Paul is an interesting character to me because he's a mix complication of a person who does good things but also lots of bad things. Like, he currently defends the land and eventual leads a rescue organization for everyone after the incident. On the other hand, he also cheated on his wife (and while polygamy is alright in this universe, the lack of consent isn't) and was extremely forceful taking Lilia's first time. I think it's implied that she always had feeling for him which is part of the reason she was willing to be his maid now, which she then seduced him intentionally. Doesn't make it alright. Just not moustache twirling evil rape.

@blurgh123
There's actually a in-world reason on why that is. Because the area they are in is ran by the kingdom, non-knight fighters isn't really a profitable business due to knights doing the monster slaying jobs (which makes a lot of sense, why would you follow a king that wouldn't use their army to protect you?). Contrary to where our main character starts his adventuring career due to the incident, he missed the beginner area >_>

Fed-Kun's army
Just waiting for this "arc" to be adapted on the anime LMAO It will be funny to read/watch the reviews/comments on the internet haha

Dex-chan lover
jesus christ he dad gets worst with every bit of information we ge tabout him, so besides being a cheater hes also a rapist?!? the flying fuck?! man im glad he was suffering so much during the teleportation incident, fuck that guy

Guys, keep in mind that Lillian's saying that she purposefully went out of her way to seduce him, and then he forcibly came on her. Then she became his maid to try to get closer to him. And we come to our current situation.

Paul is perverted scum, but he's not the only one at fault.

Dex-chan lover
@RainEStar : The first time was rape (back when she was studying swordsmanship)
Second time here is her own seduction , though if the 4koma's explanation is canon then
It's because hearing him and Zenith going at it every day built up the urges, not because she came here expecting to do it with him

There has been no mention of her for some time now. Where is she and her daughter now while Rudeus is in school?

Dex-chan lover
Didn't understand when read this before, didn't understand it now - why did she came to him for employment given the incident in the academy?

@HYBRID_BEING she does say that they didn't say they liked eachother back then, and the way it's written makes it sound like she likes him. Since she liked him she came to get worm working with him, even if he was a rapist, cheating ...good person???? Because I guess his sex habits are his core irridimaing feature

Dex-chan lover
Paul is a piece of shit. An heroic piece of shit, mind you, but its why I like this manga. Im so tired of unidimensional perfect isekai heroes...

Hummm ... this was translated before ... did it got taken down or something?

Dex-chan lover
Call me degenerate but I can't wait for doujins of the maids, yes plural, MAIDS.

Dex-chan lover
@Screenwatch (and all the others saying it was rape) She deliberately seduced Paul. She outright says as much before suddenly cutting herself off. However, Paul was very forceful in their first time. She's saying it in vague terms to make Rudeus misunderstand a little and tease him/Paul, but she was never against it. It's made more clear in the light novel, as well.

Aggregator gang
@Amariithynar She deliberately seduced Paul THIS TIME--the time that got her pregnant. The first time at the academy was outright rape.

Dex-chan lover
she likes him because he raped her, came back and seduced him, and he got blamed for it
this manga is based and accurate, besides the equal female adventurer thing though

Dex-chan lover
@HYBRID_BEING
"I had my first experience forcefully taken by him back then" is an ambiguous statement that can be interpreted as "I was horrifically raped against my will" at worst or "I was the passive party to sexual advances that I didn't disagree with" at best.

Given that she's comfortable to be around him (and sometimes a bit too comfortable) I think we can assume they would've been an item if the school / whoever it was didn't kick his ass out for being a horny boi. The "back then we never said we loved each other" part reads to me as though she regrets that the two didn't make clear how they felt beyond physical lust until now, where it's a slimy act of adultery.

Dex-chan lover
@SleepyDemon Japan does have a horrific track of record when it comes to fictional women treating their oft-recent rapes with the gravity of a common cold though, as well as cartoonishly unrealistic depictions of rape victims falling in love with their rapists. Think on the primitive WN origins of this manga and consider how much credit the author really deserves.

Users who are viewing this thread