Anime announcement for Kaifuku has been made, and then all these people want a piece of it, well guess what bitches?!?!

LH Translations was here first, and I as the Current Proof Reader Will get it out to you as soon as our Translator gets done with her part.

on a related note: these are the series that I have had a part in that have been made into Anime

All_of_my_Manga_2_Anime.png

Dex-chan lover
@AnotherRat Did... Did you not read what I wrote, at all? Seriously. Her name is [イヴ・リース] which transliterates as "Ivurīsu". The official Yugioh card [夢幻崩界デストロイメアイヴリース] translates it to "Knight Corruptor Iblee"... but when you put the Wowma (Japanese online market, think like a Japan-specific Amazon/eBay) page for the card's name through Google Translate (https://wowma.jp/keyword/イヴ・リース/) it gives "Eve Reese", "Evely's", and "Iblis" (with the latter in greater number by far). Bing gives "Evely's". Yandex gives "Everees".

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The translators, official or otherwise, choose their own personal interpretation. Furthermore, a simple look into the etymology of the name "Iblis" (easy sources everywhere online) shows that it was most likely the intent, because of the religious connotations towards a fallen angel that is not intrinsically evil but antagonistic towards humanity- much like the role of mamono as a race in Kaifuku. And Crunchyroll and ANN are very much woke, so scrubbing out religious connotation like that is right up their alley- no way they'd ever actively choose to translate it as such when they can scrub out the connotation in their official translation, like they've fucked around with plenty of other translations before- or at least CN has, with ANN just using CN's bullshit to justify their own.

Dex-chan lover
@AnotherRat I missed nothing? It's literally right there. "Her name is [イヴ・リース]" You REALLY need to learn to pay attention and read, not just skim.

Dex-chan lover
@AnotherRat That IS a common use of the interpunct when dealing with foreign words, including names as with "Thomas Alba Edison" [トーマス・アルバ・エジソン] or the concept "tennis court" (which can be written both as [テニスコート] or [テニス・コート] but is "tenisukooto" in romaji either way), but it's also commonly used to note discrete syllables in reading such as with [N・H・Kにようこそ!] aka "Welcome To The NHK!"; it can also be used in similar ways to denote a pause, like the case of "Shin Megami Tensei" [真・女神転生] where it's used to separate "Shin" (meaning "true" or "genuine") from "Megami" in "Megami Tensei" to indicate that "Shin" is being applied to the entire concept of "Megami Tensei" so that it is read not as, "Resurrection of the True Goddess", but as, "True Resurrection of the Goddess". One of many special cases, [ザモンキー] (romaji "zamonki") meaning "the monkey", is instead written [ザ・モンキー] (romaji "zamonki") so that the kanji don't combine to form a vague reading of characters, not because the words require the interpunct to be separated.

TL;DR: It's not a definitive "when the interpunct is used, it's two words", though it is common. Unless the author speaks up themselves, it's just the translator's interpretation.

Users who are viewing this thread