Dex-chan lover
Kengan Omega has become a festival of hidden treasures in front of our eyes, first that the Purgatory gladiators aren't soulless killing machines and some of them even had meaningful Friendships. And now that Raian even while being stronger than Ohma, has an interesting sense of sportsmanship.

Fed-Kun's army
All for the connector ... we heard that phrase so much and not there is an explanation.

Well, the thing is that no matter how well they do it, it is impossible to transmit he thought of the first guy to the last, same as how what we know about the books about the Greek classics are different depending of how old the version of the book we check is.

heres my read, ohma threw enough fights to score slightly lower than him because that's how he could maintain the daily training and his position in the family most easily

@Dijon "Ohma’s Niko techniques are less effective the more Raian has had to deal with them (We establish this in the Ohma Cosmo fight, plus it’s common sense)". Could you drop proofs of this? He won with the Niko style and we only saw them fight intensively against each other once.

mf how you will leave me hanging like this, I wanted so bad to know what was raian looking at

Group Leader
@Scullraw
I literally wrote that the proof is in the Ohma Cosmo fight. Please reread that before asking me to explain. Though I’ll explain anyway to show off my knowledge lol.

In the Ohma Cosmo fight, Cosmo and Cosmo’s master comment on how Cosmo is able to react better to the Niko style techniques that Cosmo’s seen before.
Similarly in the Kuroki Setsuna fight, Kuroki is able to immediately react to the Koei style Blink because he learned about it from Setsuna’s master.
We establish that knowledge of a technique lets fighters react to them easier. This isn’t even unique to this manga. Nanoha Vivid says the same thing during the Chinese training arc.

Ohma’s only real advantage is how flippy his Niko style is. It follows the logic of the series that Raian would win more, especially considering Raian’s physical superiority and the fact that Raian did not use a single fucking Kure clan technique during the fight.

And it should go without saying that this does NOT mean Ohma would lose in an actual battle to the death. Like Ohma said, Ohma is numerically weaker than Raian. But that’s only numerically.

I just want to know whats on Raian's mind. Personally I think its hilarious how he just completely lost focus of the fight. Tbh I think it looks like he doesn't see the removal as a threat and so far hasnt had a punch landed on him. Who cares about his fights with Ohma lol.

Dex-chan lover
Either Raian is gonna demonstrate Niko techniques or he's using a different kind of Removal...the Arthur Boyle type of removal.

Dex-chan lover
One shudders at what inhuman thoughts lie behind that mask eyes

What dreams of chronic, and sustained cruelty...

Demonsbane is still probably ohma best chance and defeating people knowledgeable of the niko style, kuroki pointed out that it’s a formless counter and therefore it’s strength is determined by the skill of the user.

And ohma is at that level where fighting against him even with the knowledge of demonsbane is still a gamble

Those two definitely are Edward Wu and Xia Ji. I think Raian will lost this fight.

@Dijon .
Yeah, I agree with the fact that being knowledgeable of opponent's techniques prior combat gives one a upper hand. But this doesn't necessarily make the techniques less effective especially when it's not a rigid technique. "Ohma’s only real advantage is how flippy his Niko style is" negates "Ohma’s Niko techniques are less effective the more Raian has had to deal with them".
And in the Ohma-Cosmo's match, what really helped Cosmo to react better was "Foresight" not just prior knowledge of the technique. He combined the foresight of Kaneda Sukeichi and quick reflexes of Akoya. Foresight doesn't necessarily require prior knowledge of the technique. It's based on prediction and being in control of the field.

Group Leader
@Scullraw
I think you missed the point of what I wrote, or maybe I wasn't being clear enough. Ohma's techniques flippy -> hard to deal with. Dealt with something a lot -> easier to deal with. Meaning Ohma's advantage goes away. And that's my point. It makes sense that Raian would win more in sparring matches.

I agree that Cosmo's foresight is what helped Cosmo. But when Cosmo fucks up, Cosmo's master says something like "You walked right into that one. Foresight isn't all powerful. You're going to react slower to techniques you haven't seen before." And I never claimed that you NEED knowledge of a technique to foresee it. My point is simply that we've established in the logic of the manga (and really the logic of all fighting manga) that having experience dealing with a technique makes it easier to deal with those techniques. And if we apply that logic to Raian, then do you understand what I'm saying?

On your point about "knowing a technique doesn't necessarily make the techniques less effective" I agree, but we've established that knowledge of the Niko Style makes the Niko style easier to deal with! Remember Setsuna? So I really don't get what you're trying to say.

@Dijon
I agree with your last reply. Thanks for the explanation. You've accepted the main part I wanted you to. But we're all being one-sided since we only saw Raian fight Ohma without Kure techniques. I believe that for them to have fought consistently throughout Ohma's stay in the clan, Raian would've had to use Kure techniques several times too. Plus, Ohma trained with other members of the clan. There's no way he wouldn't be familiar with it. - plausible assumption.
The main advantages Raian really have are his superb resilience and strength. Ohma's fought people with those qualities in the tournament e.g. Wakatsuki.

Users who are viewing this thread