Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal I never wash an egg, the vendor sell it in the open space in a room temperature (my country is tropical so its hot year round), but we never get sick.

I Don't Really Get It, but It Looks Like I Was Reincarnated in Another World is a cooking manga

Dex-chan lover
Couldn't you've just released them all together instead of short snippets? but i guess thanks

Dex-chan lover
@Nunally

Common people never wash the eggs, its the chicken breeders and the people who buy the eggs in bulk to prosses and later sells them to the store that does.
And again, its only America and a few other countries that do it.

There are benefits to both methods, but not washing the eggs is by far the more common method because it removes some of the chance that human error makes people sick.
Washing the eggs is honestly only really important if the breeders and the wholesales men fuck up, its not something the everyday joe does.
As long as people are careful, none of the methods should get you sick in the first place...

As for your store being able to keep them at room temperature, that store room is a lot colder then it is outside because it had heat controls in form of ventilation and air conditioners I bet.
And again, keeping the egg cool is to be able to store the eggs long term, because of how fast our transportation is, that usually never becomes a problem anyway.
Even if the egg was infected with Salmonella it would only contain small amounts that most likely would not get you sick unless you keep the egg at home for a long time.

Watch the video I posted and it should explain this better then I can... it's only like 13 minutes long.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal not really, a common store here rarely have any air conditioner. The store is just a room with open gate (they just close it when they close the store) for customer to come in.
The only way they can regulate the temperature is for the wind to pick up from outside. So in the hottest day the store bound to be pretty hot.
Sometimes I even see people sell egg outside in direct sunlight, but I never hear people sick from that. The only way you can get sick is when the egg gone bad, but most people here already know the difference between good egg and bad egg, because we eat it daily.

Then again salmonella will die if you fry or boil it well enough. So the only risk is when you eat it raw, but we have specialized product (a bit more expensive) for that and you usually just can get it in supermarket.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal I appreciate the trivia, I was unaware that eggs have to be in cold-storage for long-distance transporting.
In the part of my country, we have plenty of sources of chickens being raised and slaughtered, so we've never had any issue with finding eggs in the stores, etc, and can even drive to a local farm that has chickens and buy eggs directly from the farmers themselves if we so wish to. So that information you provided was news to me ^^

@zadzad Also thank you, too, though I don't particularly like spoilers, that tidbit is something I don't mind. It's interesting to know that authors of fantasy writing bother to think of such things as cooling and such ^^

As for the mangas I was referring to, they never mentioned anything about diseases or storage methods, they only mentioned that the village doesn't have any chickens in it, so they have to import eggs from other villages. The only issue with this, however, being that during transport, the merchant's wagons could often end up being sacked by bandits and/or monsters, and thus the price for eggs in that village would be more expensive than the price for the eggs in the exporting village.

Users who are viewing this thread