19th Century Memoir

Double-page supporter
is the scanlator having problem doing this manhwa? because originally there's 75 chapter for it to finished

I found some spoiler after lurking on the Korean website. These are based on comments so it might or might not be true.

Do not open the spoiler if you do not want to be spoiled.

The truth about brother:
The blonde-haired brother is not the real brother. In chapter 10-13, he is actually Elliot. The real brother, William is dead. Before his death, William fell in love with Elliot but in the 19th century, homosexual preference is not accepted so William was scorned and then, later on, he died. (Not sure how he died.)

The story behind House of Dead:
Lilian's parents were actually scholars. Since Mother is a woman, she was discriminated in the world of academics. However, Mother and Father both worked together in research while Mother is conceiving Lilian. Father promised to put Mother's name as co-author in the paper to fight with the gender discrimination but when the paper was published, she found her name was nowhere to be found. When she confronted with Father, he just told her that there was nothing he can do as the academics world can be unforgiven if someone tried to cross over the public belief. (In this case, it was the public belief of women were inferior to men. If he put Mother's name on the paper, people would doubt the credibility of the research, no one would take the paper seriously so it will end up just collecting dust on their shelves nor would Father earned the achievement he did because of the paper.)

Stressed with her husband's betrayal, she became mentally ill. She needed treatment but because she was a woman, they refused to treat her. Without proper treatment, she suffered more and more so when she broke her limit, she killed the husband. Thus why the rumor about House of Dead was spread. Even in death, no one pitied her of being discriminated against just because she was a woman. If only she was given proper treatment, she would not kill someone. If only, the husband put her name as the co-author as he promised, she would not get sick. But what was done is done. She became the villainess in their story.

Also, since these spoilers were translated using Google Translate, it might not be accurate. It is also based on the comments of Korean readers, so some of the details might be different, missing or entirely wrong.

Oh its been long since i finished this ..

About her brother and elliot

so the brother “will” is actually dead .. he loved elliot and got found out at the academy and they all bullied him + elliot rejected him .. so he left the academy and went to his family’s house and committed suicide ..
elliot searched for him but he was too late ..
And ended regretting not helping him instead of just standing watching as he’s bullied ..
that scene broke my heart as william thought that he lost everything in life which led him to end his life in vain .. not being able to talk it out with elliot or even meeting his sister who he longed for since childhood

About the story behind the death of her family

actually lilian’s father is not her real father .. when he was away .. a man (scientist like her husband) tricked the mother and she got pregnant ( and he ran away with her research as well) her husband forgave her and blamed himself ..
so she had a mental disease I forgot what it is but it’s something with hallucination .. it got worse by time because no one treated her ..
years later she still thinks that lilian is the reason for her ruined life .. so she wants to kill her in order to get her life back , and when she was about to shoot her daughter , the husband blocked her and died instead thats where she broke and sent to mental hospital and died there apparently

About the locked woman and an extreme spoiler about LILIAN

there is actually no locked woman there .. its all in lilians head .. lilian have the same mental illness as her mother .. what she was hallucinating of is her other self when she was a child something like that

And about the ending am not telling ;p read till the end ..

P.S: OMG 🥺 RIP the one who is gonna read my comment .. its so long, sorry!

An innocent "false brother" love? A dangerous marquis? Creepy smiles? Okay.
This is awesome, not to mention the art and all that mystery going on. Yeah
Seriously good.
Thanks for your hard work scan teams and please please do not stop scanlating this jewel!!!

I read the spoilers from previous comments (bc the scans are being uploaded so slowly QAQ) but I still dunno why Elliot is pretending to be her brother??

@Guuuuuuuukl

The reason why he acted as her brother is because

he went to her adoptive parents to see her on behalf of her deceased brother .. he only wanted to support her financially .. as he thought that marrying her would violate her brother’s will.

And by doing that he would repent / atone for what happened to her brother and that he (elliot) was the reason for his death (something along those lines).

@Maech

Well, the manga has 76 chapters .. so its a long way untill it finishes.. i guess its ok to spoil you the ending 🤭

Lilian finally knows about her mental illness and finally reconsile with her adoptive mother.
She leaves with elliot to find a cure for her illness .. and she marries him and have four children with him: three daughters and one boy ..

Users who are viewing this thread