19th Century Memoir

@Mrs_ruby

I just dont understand how did Elliot got to fall in love with Lilian so quickly and so hard? I just find their relationship weird since they immediately had sexual and romantic feelings for each other. Same for Lilian, it developed so quickly that it was odd

@jg93

Well, actually he saw her once when they were children when her foster father brought her to meet her brother and he fell in love with her since then (and obssessed with her since then). If you remember he did date several ladies with the same appearance as her thinking of her but when he found out they are not liliana, he dumps them.

And as for her, its because she knew he is not her brother ( she said she would never do it with her brother) and in the novel everything is detailed and in depth, so you might find out something there more than the manhwa.

Sorry if this might not answer your question.
If I forgot any detail, I apologize. And anyone is free to correct me if I got something wrong <3

Went online to read til the end , and hoo boi did I went in for a ride.

Don't read the spoiler if you don't want to be spoiled the ending, since I personally think the mystery part of wondering what's going on is also actually pretty fun.

so I didn't expect this manhwa would actually discuss serious stuff like mental illness.

First thing you need to know is that the ML isn't MC's brother, but the step brother(Elliot) of her brother(William).

And basically MC's mother got postpartum depression when she had MC, and she was wrongfully treated by removing her uterus that made situation worse (because it caused her to be in pain constantly) that in turn caused her to want to kill MC time to time. And the dad was killed when he tried to protect MC from her mother

It's probably a genetic thing too seeing both MC and her brother also had a similar kind of illness.

And yes, the ML isn't a psychopath locking up women, it was just the MC's illness acting up. That locked room was actually William's room.

It was really touching in the end when the MC decided to face her past and her delusional disorder, and went to search for the right treatment, which was a difficult thing to do considering the time the story was set in.

She also tried to leave ML to avoid torturing him like her mother did to his father, but the ML was supportive and stuck with her til the end, which hits me real hard in the guts (;д;)

Went in for incest and left with a deep touching story discussing about mental illness treatment. Whaddya know, there's actually a gem hidden right here behind that fake incest setting.

All in all, amazing art, amazing writing, 10/10

@Mrs_ruby

Actually Elliot isn't quite in love with the MC at this point yet. He did hold affection for her as he knew her through William's words

But he found it quite disgusting for the MC to consent to incest (little does he know she knew he ain't her bro) since this reminded him of when his bro (William) kissed him without his consent.

He hasn't rly fallen for her until he spent some time with her posing as William.

ML also didn't date those girls. He brought them in to test if they're actually William's sister as he did know a few stories from William that only the real Liliana would know. But the butler spilled the beans about where MC is at the 3rd girl, so he didn't have to do it anymore.

These are from the manhwa btw, idk if its diff from the novel as you said lol.

This is just simply amazing, the art style is unique the story is unique, Ive never seen something like thus before 11/10

Its not incest because
they dont have a blood relationship, they raised not know each other. Its more like your parents dead, your brother being adopted by your father friends family.it doesnt make your father friend real son automaticaly your brother. So its not incest. The MC also know that this man is not her brother.

When I say I have a surprise pikachu face for 31 chapters, I’m telling you the truth. In the beginning I wanted to give up because it was just so eerily creepy, but it kept bringing me in. And then when they showed how she was hallucinating and her mental disorder I was like o wait maybe she’s also crazy. But yeh this story is amazing and I’m scared to read more but kinda excited to read what’s next? Every single character dead or alive gives off a vibe that says “your curious abt me... you want to know more.” Even though every single one of them terrify you at the same time.

Dex-chan lover
So far (chapter 5) shit is incredible. Good setting, atmosphere, plot already defined, beautiful art work. Looking forward to the rest.

Just for the new confused readers out there...

This is NOT incest. Not even close. Though they're taking a damn long time playing that part.

There are mental health themes. Its not a magical story, and is set in 19th century Europe. In the early chapters, quite soon after being taken in, the female lead starts showing hallucinatory symptoms characteristic of schizophrenia. The background for this is delved into as the story progresses.

It's hard to stick through the tense atmosphere and red herrings the author puts in the beginning and the pretend incest when the story isn't completely translated. That's ok. I would just humbly suggest to shelve it until it's done or close, because this definitely tells a different, interesting type of story.

Users who are viewing this thread