2.5 Jigen no Ririsa

Dex-chan lover
... And all of a sudden, it's "erotica" not "suggestive"? When did  that happen?

Contributor
Why the hell would such a trash character be so popular? She is so 1-note, and her bit isn't even interesting.
Maybe because to a lot of ppl, she's better than the other girls, or just more interesting to see/read/follow ?

She's m'y favorite too actually.

Dex-chan lover
Came for plot and stayed for the plot.
Mikarin's amazing, ch. 56.5 was really something else

What's up with the censorship? Unless things get REALLY spicy in chapters i haven't read yet, there isn't anything there that warrants it.

Dex-chan lover
At some point goddamn the art got extremely good...

Its strange, Masamune, our "protagonist" is barely important to the plot and the story, sometimes, he is barely even there...

But somehow, chapters about him, who is a relatively boring character are the best this manga offers by a landslide.

But it kinda doesnt work cause the series is barely romance and barely harem. Lylisa decided to remain platonic... and there was kind of nothing to substitute the romance.

Author tried to bait a Mikarin win that went nowhere.

We barely have any Aria and Okumura moments.

Nonoa is not there and floating among yuri ships, stuco secretary and like 2 Okumura moments.

Marina stopped being a character when she graduated.

And Tsubaki after several yuri bait moments decided she liked Okumura and never again did anything.

In fact... This series thrives in its yuri. It probably would have been more popular as a moe yuri series much to my hatred of the genre.

Props to author for making Mayura ship Canoj in the forefront

Does anyone know if this is gonna end like the quintessential quintuplets where the guy only chose 1 girl and leave the rest depressed (I haven't read it wanna know before I read it )

Contributor
Probably got one of the biggest clarifications for the original premise of the manga thus far in the episode commentary from the mangaka.

The series was originally gonna be three volumes of low budget ecchi romcom cosplay in the clubroom. But by the time the first Mikari chapters were wrapping up in chapter nine, the editor suggested they leave the club room. Hashimoto took a big risk exploring the field of cosplay and it payed off as it transitioned to the current shonen state of the manga. Incidentally Akarin was his primary choice for Mikarin's VA.

The anime is definitely great for the anime original content, especially for Ashford sama. Because as Hashimoto also mentions, the anime is a great excuse to animate things he's too lazy to draw as a one man operation. So the dude is definitely living the dream in that regard.

Not worth wasted time. A little cringy, art style is very nice, characters are cute except for the main male protagonist. Keep in mind that both girls re 15… just could not continue reading this…

So my review after reading this:
The manga is some what niche for a person who usually read romcom. I have kinda mixed feeling

Does it have good char? Yes
Does it have good art? Hell yeah
How about the story flow? It is ok

The only reason why I like this manga is because it is fresh since we don't have much manga about cosplaying.

Masamune, our guy is kinda like deuteragonist at the beginning since he help to keep the story flow. His role only become important and shifting towards main protagonist at the very late story.

And then bam. Suddenly yuri. This either pissed a lot of people or people like it.

I'm kinda pissed at that sudden yuri but didn't mind it that much.

And harem aren't that much of a harem. It is just love drama like in others romcom manga.

Tbh. I kinda dumbfounded after reading it. Thought it gonna be about cosplay community, or how people gonna cosplay or stuffs like that. End up with romcom, niche writing with cosplay as a theme.
But well. I'm glad that the author still manage to clear out the relationship of each character (maybe still a bit early to said) instead of just a messed up POS.

I will wait for further chapter to see how it will end. I have a feeling it will be an open end.

So my review after reading this:
The manga is some what niche for a person who usually read romcom. I have kinda mixed feeling

Does it have good char? Yes
Does it have good art? Hell yeah
How about the story flow? It is ok

The only reason why I like this manga is because it is fresh since we don't have much manga about cosplaying.

Masamune, our guy is kinda like deuteragonist at the beginning since he help to keep the story flow. His role only become important and shifting towards main protagonist at the very late story.

And then bam. Suddenly yuri. This either pissed a lot of people or people like it.

I'm kinda pissed at that sudden yuri but didn't mind it that much.

And harem aren't that much of a harem. It is just love drama like in others romcom manga.

Tbh. I kinda dumbfounded after reading it. Thought it gonna be about cosplay community, or how people gonna cosplay or stuffs like that. End up with romcom, niche writing with cosplay as a theme.
But well. I'm glad that the author still manage to clear out the relationship of each character (maybe still a bit early to said) instead of just a messed up POS.

I will wait for further chapter to see how it will end. I have a feeling it will be an open end.
It's not sudden yuri

Just wanna say. Ririsa is like the only girl that doesn't deserves him. Other girls helps him out lot but the only thing she brings to the table is striping in front of my guy. Hell even the ponytail girl Taki would be much better choice than her.

Comment section is a godsend. Thought maybe to try it, but noticed too many chapters (usually whenever rom-com or harem has a lot of chapters means 0 progress).
Thank you all for saving my time! I started my manga/anime journey on massive series of rom-com and harem, they were fresh for me and new (japanese writing and humor was different) but it was enough to take 2-3 series like that with over 100 chapters that i grew to hate them.
FYI I might be wrong but art has degraded if we compare it from chapter 1 to 173.

Users who are viewing this thread