Group Leader
Episode 10 starts the more noticeable art improvements. The art will slowly get better and better from there :) I'll post more episodes later on.

Just the description itself, oh boi, this guy needs to chad himself up.

Dex-chan lover
Why is this uploaded here? I'm pretty sure all other uploads were deleted due to violating rules and just making a "new" version is definitely not going to circumvent that.

Uwaaahh I enjoyed my time reading the first 10 chapters. TadxSarahcomics Thank you.

Group Leader
@Orcbolg You must be talking about the old ones that my wife,Sarah posted of our comics before. She deleted them herself because she was frustrated with comments and she had permission to upload them. You're allowed to post your own comics now. If you don't believe me you're welcome to ask yourself .

Dex-chan lover
Read it on the Webtoons website. Must say, despite the simple drawing style it has a surprising amount of depth.
The story is pretty decent too.

Dex-chan lover
@TadxSarahComics
Dug the following up from a comment section where someone argued this is against the rules and I have to agree with him.
2.1 Scans of official releases or webcomics from official sources, such as original releases (raws) or officially translated releases, are not allowed to be uploaded.

Things I've noticed that reinforce this notion:
- you are clearly the creator of it as you've posted multiple works of yours in the past on this website (which means you have direct access to the files for uploading purposes) and went even so far as to add a note in the description and the first chapter reassuring readers that your art gets better
- skimming through the beginning of the version on MangaDex and the one on webtoons.com tells me that they are identical which means that you are posting the "official release", feel free to prove me wrong but do show me the differences then

I'm fairly certain there is no rule to prevent an author/artist from posting their own work on MangaDex, but MD serves as a manga hosting platform for scanlators and scanlated works (scanned and translated) and not to serve as a platform to promote your content which you are just reposting here.
Also "raw" in the context of manga implies that it's the untranslated version yet both versions you posted are in English.

Group Leader
@Orcbolg It's your opinion so I'm not going to argue about it. Everyone has a right to think what they want. I only planned to post only this comic to this site to share with others that do want to read it. Like i said and as you stated i am allowed to do this just out of respect for others i won't spam with all of our comics like i saw my wife did. If i do I'll probably post one other comic way later on after this one is up to date. Also about the Raw part i didn't know where else to put the link

Dex-chan lover
@Orcbolg I think this was covered the last time they uploaded, that the owners of the site gave them permission to post their stuff. It was a long time ago so I don't remember all of the details.

@TadxSarahComics If you are thinking about upping the art more, check out books by Andrew Loomis like Fun with a Pencil and Successful Drawing. Croquis Cafe on youtube has free videos featuring models that you can sketch from. I would also recommend Proko for learning anatomy. Life drawing in general is really helpful and you'll improve a lot just by learning basic tricks of composition, perspective/dimensionality, and proportion. I feel like I was able to improve a lot in a very short time by following them.

And don't throw your wife under the bus. ?

Dex-chan lover
LOL I kept reading initially because of the premise but jesus that escalated quickly at chapter 16. Which is funny because the dialogue and overdone character interactions made the pace really slow for most of it. You got pretty good base material in the form of core plot and characterization otherwise. I'm going to have to drop it here but have fun with your work.

I'm in two minds about this comic.

One the one hand, I think that having it here goes against the purpose of the site as it is not a translated Asian work; also, the quality of art and storytelling is exceptionally low in comparison.

On the other hand, I have to admire the guts of the creators to put in the effort to create and release this before they have refined their skills to the point that I would even dare considering releasing anything that I have created. I'm not being sarcastic here. "Perfect is the Enemy of the Good." You grow by putting yourself out there and making mistakes in the process, even if you embarrass yourself.

Even though I, to be honest, don't consider this to be good in comparison with the manga here I don't think it is worthless. I read it all.

I would suggest though, that a toggle be put on this sort of non-Asian comic so that people could show or hide them by choice, so that if they didn't want to see them they didn't take up front page real estate.

@Fitz I think if you placed a manga in your Dropped category you won't see it. If not then a good suggestion would be to ignore a manga where in you won't see updates for it.

Users who are viewing this thread