339 Years of Penal Servitude

Dex-chan lover
It's not bad, even if the premise is utterly retarded. At least it has the backing of humanity, and how believable it is that people may think and behave this way.

Dex-chan lover
@Lithe At this moment we know close to nothing about that world. It may or may not be true.

Dex-chan lover
@kwendy You could say that about our world now. No point in speculating about that kind of stuff from my point of view due to the largely ambiguous nature of reality.

The point is that they acted firmly on it as if it were true. In addition, there seems to be relatively little basis for positive impacts of such beliefs yet seemingly obvious negative impacts, regardless of reincarnation. Hence, I think the backdrop (i.e. society) is utterly retarded. I suppose using the word 'premise' was too broad in the original post, but it seems the beliefs would be more important than the actual system of reincarnation here.

I'd also think there is meant to be a parallel to real-world punishment mentality since weighing the positive and negative of such a system is quite difficult - the exaggerated reincarnation system could be used as an effective highlight of the ideas.

Those beliefs already exist in various forms in real life. Ideally, this story will prompt readers to examine cultural and personal beliefs about “deserving,” things like the just world fallacy, double predestination, and so forth.

Dex-chan lover
Let's discuss philosophy here. Assuming that reincarnation is definite, can a sin be so large that the next incarnation must suffer their previous life's punishment even if they neither remember nor committed it?

This is insane, I really want to see more of that. This might be the best thing I've read this year!

Double-page supporter
very nice story so far, reminds me a bit of fullmetal alchemist, you know, goverment secrets and useless war

really hope it gets picked up someday

Very interesting manga, it's a shame that it got dropped by the scanlators. I hope somebody picks it up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread