365 Days to the Wedding - Vol. 3 Ch. 27 - Are You Happy Being Together? (Part 5)

Dex-chan lover
is she really that bubly or did she actually pull that move on purpose? (kiiiind of dickish)

Dex-chan lover
@SUPER7X Decent people are down for the harem ending.
Let's be honest. If we want a "pure, mainstream, vanilla romance" the way to go is a couple. Period. Fuck everyone who adds a third person.
But IF you add a third person, the "mainstream" relationship just means broken hearts. It's kind of assholish to hope for that. So poly ending for the win.
...unless said 3rd person is a fucking asshole/bitch. In that case, fuck them.

Fed-Kun's army
@Tatherwood i absolutely despise harems and love triangles though so id rather not have a harem route.

Now IF it becomes a triangle, someone's heart HAS to be broken, which is absolutely DO NOT WANT TO EVER HAPPEN, which is why i hate love triangles.

P.S i hate harems simply because DEVOTE YOURSELF TO ONE PERSON GOD DAMN IT

Group Leader
WTF? What's with the asshole female lead? Why should she give two shits what the male lead thinks? She's only using him for her own advantage. As long as he goes through with her ridiculously stupid scheme, why should she care who he associates with?

Dex-chan lover
@PantsuKami Fair. And more or less what I said.
Nothing wrong with the classic couple romance. It's the standard, the mainstream and the most common story. Just don't add a 3rd person to add drama.
But IF you do...pining for the couple means hoping for broken hearts (and not just the 3rd person's, also the main couple's if they were friends). Which I feel is kind of assholish.

But well, poly isn't for everyone, myself included. I can accept multiple people, but it still has to be exclusive. I despise open relationships.
I also have a harder time accepting multiple guys than multiple girls.

EDIT: Just fyi.
Now IF it becomes a triangle, someone's heart HAS to be broken,
False. That's why we have the harem ending. Precisely so NO ONE's heart is broken.

Man, I really hope the friend isn't into the male lead romantically- bonus points if it turns out the childhood friend is only into ladies!

Dex-chan lover
Problem with the "everyone would just be happier with a harem" argument is that it inherently assumes that none of the female characters could be happy ending up with anyone besides the MC. Which is dumb. A lot of shounen/seinen romance stories are written so that the MC is the only single, non-horrible, non-rapey person in the whole universe but of course reality doesn't work that way.

Sure there might be some heartbreak in the short term but that doesn't mean they can't get over it. But writing that in would requiring acknowledging that the MC might have some actual competition out there, which terrifies the audience who want to self-insert so that's no good...

Users who are viewing this thread