37 Year Old Kindaichi Case Files

Power Uploader
@herocyn Depends on what you consider a "failure" is. He's a manager at a decent company with a cute subordinate and gets to go on company trips, it's not like he's an unemployed junkie.

Power Uploader
@herocyn We don't know enough about his past to ascertain if he failed in his romance. It's just too soon to say he's failed without learning a backstory is all I'm saying.

I guess most people who read this series are young. Is it surprising that two high school sweet hearts didn't end up marrying? Is it surprising that Kindaichi only becomes a line manager for a mid-sized company? He was always lazy, outright pervert did badly in school, had no ambition and too undisciplined to either join the police or run his own detective agency. It's good that he has somehow straightened up and didn't become a jobless sleezy old man.

Working as a salary man who gets to travel frequently with a young, pretty surbodinate is not a bad choice for him.

Dex-chan lover
I actually wouldn't mind if it turns out he had dated Miyuki and it just didn't work out. They could still be friends but this assistant of his is pretty great too. Still, he is the same age as Kogoro in Detective Conan, so its a little too bad he didn't manage to become a private detective, since he is consistently competent compared to Kogoro lol.

Fed-Kun's army
I didn't read the manga yet but just by looking at the title it's kinda depressing. He became late bloomer.

When I read kindaichi when he's still in highschool I kinda thought he will went at least being a cop or lawyer or something related to justice and law.

Since kindaichi manga was made to compete with detective Conan but for teen and above.

Perhaps the author wanted to made it a story that kinda in relatable situation and the struggle of mid life crisis, lol.

I just know about this sequel, Can't believe kindaichi became a lone old guy 37 years old. Where's miyuki and reika...

Shinichi Kudo is actually very well-rounded and has good look to boost, so he will certainly go places if he weren't caught up in that life-changing event.

On the other hand, Kindaichi has the brain of Shinichi and the personality of Kogoro. Kogoro can enjoy the bliss of being ignorant, but Kindaichi can't. His involvement in many cases has inadvertently put Miyuki in danger more than once. Even his kohai got killed. And many times he had to push his good friends to the corner and expose them as the culprits. It's inevitable that he will want to quit crime solving at some point.

And in case he wants to open a detective agency, he would need someone with the organization skills of Marin. There's more to making a living as a private detective than simply having a super brain. I still think being a salaryman is the best route for him. At least he won't have to think about where the money comes from each month. But the saddest part for me is that there is no reward for solving crimes at his age. A teenager solving crimes will be applauded, but a 37-year-old jaded man doing that is just considered as a troublemaker, or a busybody.

Quick Poll: Kindaichi's lady coworker, Hayama, is ...

A. Clearly one of Puppeteer from Hell's codenamed murder minions
B. Gonna die as a victim in the final case.

Contributor
@plumbob

porquewhy.png

Does anyone know if the Kindaichi R prequel shed some light on some of the questions many have on this sequel? i Haven't read the raws on those yet.

Power Uploader
@thefirst1 Nope, there are no answers to any questions raised in K37. In fact, there was no indication that the series after Returns would be after a timeskip.

@Gent Thanks for the reply, finally caught up to these chapters and i had so many questions, haha. Currently checking out the other prequels since it has some cases that hasn't been animated while looking for the last 8 raws for the 1997 anime adaption

Adult Kindaichi- the mystery of the missing mortgage payment, the case of the misplaced tax form, the incident of the unpaid mandatory overtime, the caper of the child forgotten after soccer practice and many more!

Whaaaat? 20 Years later and he still hasn't boned Miyuki?! what a sad day..

Aggregator gang
so this is canon? did miyuki ever hook up and go out with other men? and kindaichi really went from being akechis rival to being an ordinary salaryman?

Users who are viewing this thread