Dex-chan lover
lmao @ anyone who thinks this series hasn't been big gay from the jump but also like ohma's reaction to setsuna's blatant yandere is so funny like
Setsuna: i promise that i'll kill you and nut on your corpse
Ohma: you big silly ;)

Dex-chan lover
@AnimationDude basically a lot of hypermasculine action oriented series lend themselves to homoerotic readings due to the lack of meaningful female presence and the emphasis placed on bonds between men/male sociality, but in the case of this manga specifically the author explicitly ties the titillation which arises from watching fights with sexual arousal from the first chapter when kazuo watches ohma fight and buys a prostitute immediately afterward. It doesn't take much to read that as a classic case of sublimated attraction, but thats followed by ohma and kazuo forming a fairly strong bond which serves to hit several narrative beats which might be otherwise filled by a romance. this is all accentuated by the absence of any real female romantic interests for either ohma or kazuo, as the series instead chooses to focus on the bond which they've formed over the course of the series

@sleepyknight I don't know if you realized this, but it was clearly stated by the narrator that he had sex with the prostitute out of fear for his life. It was a survival instinct, an instinct to "reproduce" (as the narrator explicitly stated) caused by Ohma and his overwhelming bloodlust.

Users who are viewing this thread